CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for [#CNC2022 Cohort 1] "Start Coding" Help Thread
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeNewbie Team

Posted on

[#CNC2022 Cohort 1] "Start Coding" Help Thread

This is your place to ask general challenge-related questions about the "Start Coding" track of the 2022 CodeNewbie Challenge for Cohort 1.

Leave your questions below as a comment and our organizers will get back to you ASAP πŸ’š

Reminder: All of the assignments for each mission are sent out via email when you sign up for a challenge. Remember to check your spam folder if you didn't receive your first mission β€” and please add hey@codenewbie.org to your contacts list!

What this thread is for...

• General questions about the challenge overall (i.e. "How long is this challenge?")
  • Mission-specific questions (i.e. "I find this week's mission confusing because XYZ. Can you help?")
  • Helping one another out. If you know the answer to something someone else is asking, feel free to answer them!

This thread is not for technical questions about coding. For those, you can try creating a post and include the #help tag. Here is a template for your help posts to guide you further. You can also share a #help post on DEV if you'd like to get your questions in front of more advanced software developers πŸ˜‰

Please stay on topic and respectful of one another πŸ’š

Top comments (6)

Collapse

iyudhi profile image
Ivan

I'm still confused about how all of this works. Do we just wait for assignments from the email? Are we supposed to get them daily? Because the last one I got was 3 days ago..

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Hi Ivan! Sorry to hear about the ongoing confusion. You will receive one email per week β€” except for this first week where you received a pre-mission email the day before your Mission 1 email. Hope this helps!

Collapse

mijost45 profile image
mijost45

Thanks, I had the same doubt. :)

Collapse

thatohgi profile image
thatohgi

I’m glad I’m not the only one who had this question!

Looking forward to the next challenge!

Collapse

shovon profile image
Shovon

How to sign up for a challenge?

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Hello! This cohort has closed but we will open up another later in the year. Thanks for your interest!