CodeNewbie Community

Discussion on: #CNC2021 "Start Coding" Mission 2 Submission Thread

Collapse
sentinel1909 profile image
Jeff Mitchell

Hello everyone, Javascript will be my priority for the next while. It's part of the core of the modern web, so I view it as an essential thing. I will likely dabble in React as I go along. I've done a bit with it and I feel like it's the best Framework to learn right now.

Collapse
termready profile image
Kimberly Marie

Hi! I've also chosen Javascript but haven't yet decided on a framework yet. I'm currently working on The Odin Project.

Collapse
roncmb108 profile image
RonCMB

Hi Jeff!
JavaScript is next for me as well, once I get a better handle on HTML & CSS. 🤞
I enjoyed your Pillars article btw. It was good to see a different perspective of the stuff we're learning.

Collapse
Jeff Mitchell

Thanks! I'm a terrible writer and can't create content to save my soul...trying to improve that by, you know, practicing writing stuff :)

There's a writer out there (will not name names) that I've drawn some inspiration from. The writings have made me see the importance of developing a philosophy for coding, even if it might come across to some as high and mighty.

There's a bit of a rush to get to the higher order stuff (I'm totally guilty of that) when not near enough time has been spent on the foundation.

Collapse
sbstn profile image
sbstn98

Hey Jeff,
i am also into Javascript for my next steps in learning coding :)
Let's connect if you want to have an exchange :)

Collapse
Jeff Mitchell

I'm a bit like the dog from the move "UP!"...Squirrel!! :) Currently doing Harvard's CS50x, so my Javascript efforts have fallen a bit to the backburner. Trying to maintain them though. Where are you at in your journey so far?

Thread Thread
sbstn profile image
sbstn98

Hey, soory for my late reply :|
Today i finished the CSS Basic Chapter at Freecodecamp :)
And at my eDX Course i start now with the Chapter of Javascript.
How is the VS50x Course ? I also thought about to do this Course :)