CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: [#CNC2022 "Start Coding" Cohort 1] What are your coding goals?

Collapse

tina_vieira1820 profile image
Tina Vieira
  1. What are your coding goals? l goals are to learn as much as I can. I find it very interesting, but I still wonder if this is something that I would actually be good at. My goal is to figure out if I can be good at coding, and if I can take it to the next level. As of right now, I feel like there are so many terms that I don't know and it's all a jumbled mess. I have an "idea" what to do, but I'm not sure where to start.
  2. What does successful learning look like to you? For me, success will be any knowledge that I can gain (and retain) from this Cohort. I want to start coding, and I want to have a better basis for what I'm doing.
  3. How do you plan to measure your success? For me it will just be a personal comfort level. I will know if I am picking up concepts better than I previously understood them. In my mind, if I feel stronger then I am.
  4. Do you have any particular timeline/deadline for learning to code? No, but I would like to develop my skills pretty significantly over the next several months. Before I return to school in the fall, I'd like to be more proficient.
Collapse

technomom profile image
Cyn Newman

Hi Tina! Have you considered using flashcards to study the terms that confuse you? How will you measure retention?

Collapse

earlpfau profile image
Earl Pfau

Tina, I agree there are so many different terms used in programming that can make one bounce their head off of walls. What are you going to school for?

Collapse

tina_vieira1820 profile image
Tina Vieira

Nothing as of yet. I currently teach Computer Science and I am looking to better my skills. I am considering a masters in Computer Science at the University of West Florida. We will see...