CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for Nevertheless, Ayu Coded in 2022 And Learned Much More
Ayu Adiati
Ayu Adiati

Posted on • Updated on • Originally published at dev.to

Nevertheless, Ayu Coded in 2022 And Learned Much More

Hi Everyone 👋,

This is my second time writing for #shecoded.

Last year, I found my community and no longer be alone.
And since then, so many things have happened, and I learned so much more throughout the year.

Challenges That I Have Overcome

I had a massive burnout, followed by some imposter syndromes.
I thought I would give up entirely.
After taking some break (and with some support from my communities), I got back and even made more achievements ❤.

My Achievements in 2021

Collaboration & Open Source

As I mentioned in the title, I learned much more throughout 2021.

I was thrilled to get accepted for a React project collaboration program at The Collab Lab!
I learned how to collaborate on a project in a remote team and use Git & GitHub.
I still need to learn more about React. But I definitely learned so much about teamwork. A valuable experience that I can't get as a self-taught developer.

As I got accepted at The Collab Lab, the HacktoberFest 2021 happened.
With the collaboration going on, I would be pleased if I could at least contribute to one open-source.
But in the end, I completed the HacktoberFest with 8 contributions in total.

This journey has grown my interest in open-source and accessibility tremendously.

Giving Back To Communities

I'm very grateful to take part as one of the Program Committee and posts' tag moderator for CodeNewbie's CodeLand 2021.

I'm also very proud and happy to be the Documentation Lead at Virtual Coffee.

And recently, I'm taking the offer to be one of the Code of Conduct mentors for our cohorts at The Collab Lab!

My Goal

I'm the type of person who doesn't set a long-term goal.
I'm more of a go with a flow kind of person 😅.
But this year, I have a goal to push through with learning and land my feet on my first job in tech! 😊

Nevertheless, Ayu Coded in 2022 And Learned Much More! 💪

Top comments (3)

Collapse

andrewbaisden profile image
Andrew Baisden

Well done those are good accomplishments.

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

Thank you, @andrewbaisden! 🙏😄

Collapse

timothyferriss profile image
timothyferriss

Ayu's story is inspiring and showcases the importance of community, resilience, and continuous learning in the tech industry. Her willingness to embrace new challenges and give back to the community is retro bowl commendable, and it's clear that she has a bright future ahead in the field of technology.