CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: #CNC2021 "Code More" Pre-Mission Submission Thread

Collapse

anitabe404 profile image
Anita Beauchamp

Bonjour tout le monde. Hey everyone. I am looking forward to Code More with all of you. Here are my responses to the pre-mission questions.

1. What has worked in the past: Following a structured resource that had a laid out plan/path of study. Picking resources that were a stretch, but within reach of my current abilities. Having a coding problem/challenge/project that is clearly defined.
  2. What hasn't worked in the past: Having high expectations of myself and unrealistic expectations about how fast or how easy the coding project will be. Being a perfectionist. Not asking for help when I need it. Not getting enough sleep.
  3. Long-term goal: have a project that I can show people.
  4. Short-term goal: work through the Python tutorial that I'm following (I should be just shy of finishing it by the end of the 5 weeks for CNC2021)
Collapse

nehamaity profile image
Neha Maity

I feel the same about perfection. I have such unrealistic expectations that it hinders me from starting in the first place. I'm hoping to overcome it by telling myself to just start coding and I can continue to make fixes along the way as I build.

Collapse

anitabe404 profile image
Anita Beauchamp

Just know that you're not alone. So many of us on this thread struggle with perfectionism and high expectations. Surely if we all put our minds together, we can figure it out. I hope you get some coding sessions in. 🤞🏾