CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: [#CNC2022 Cohort 1] Code More Welcome Thread

Collapse

bredmond1019 profile image
Brandon Redmond

Hey KC,

Seems like we're in pretty similar situations learning on our own. I joined this challenge to get to meet some new people in the same boat as me.

It's tough trying to stay motivated learning on your own. You get stuck on something and not sure where to look sometimes or even what the problem is. It's tough to monitor your progress. And we lack accountability sometimes.

I have been working with React/JS/CSS mostly on the front end and doing some back end with python and flask.

Looking forward to getting to know you and maybe work on some projects together.

Brandon

Collapse

kc profile image
K C

Hey Brandon,

Thanks for reaching out.
Personally having accountability (and a deadline) helps me to push on because there are times when I can go off on a tangent with regards to my learning/coding.

So likewise looking forward to getting to you know as well.

KC

Thread Thread

rohit1101 profile image
rohit1101

Hey @kc,

I really want someone as a accountability partner so that we can share our progress and have good healthy discussion.

FYI: Anybody who(just one or two folks) is willing to become a partner/fellow dev would be great, ultimately we can share knowledge we can have a small group and blog our progress here.

Regards
Rohit

Thread Thread

kc profile image
K C • Edited

hey there @rohit1101,

Happy to have an initial chat, see if our interests align and take it from there.
KC

Thread Thread

rohit1101 profile image
rohit1101

Cool @kc What are your interests ?

I am a frontend developer currently working on React and gatsby.

Thread Thread

kc profile image
K C

@rohit1101
I'm into Web Design and Development, so I predominately like front-end.

My current focus is:

• working through intermediate/advanced HTML | CSS.
  • getting to grips with JS, to the point where I'm comfortable using it to manipulate the DOM consistently and also to a point where working with Data/APIs is not so confusing anymore.

My longer term focus is looking at:

• React again. I think it works really well for intermediate/large SPAs.
  • GSAP as I like animations.

My ultimate goal:

• secure a job a web designer/developer.
Thread Thread

rohit1101 profile image
rohit1101 • Edited

Cool then i think we can pair a lot and learn even i am currently re-learning html,css and JS.

Thread Thread

kc profile image
K C • Edited

@rohit1101,
Ok I wasn't sure how to connect with you so I created a slack channel where we can chat. Here is the slack invite.

I will remove the link after you join the channel.

Thread Thread

rohit1101 profile image
rohit1101 • Edited

Awesome bro, I am joining now.