CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: [#CNC2022 Cohort 1 "Learn in Public"] Tell us about your "Learn in Public" plan!

Collapse

clc80 profile image
Claudia Maciel-Contreras
  1. What concept/project/series have you decided to take on for the duration of the "Learn in Public" challenge?
    One thing that was quickly mentioned in bootcamp while I was learning was Testing. I know just enough to understand what it is and why it’s useful, but not enough to actually write my own tests. I think I would want to start with an overview of Test Driven Development and then move on to building a simple app while incorporating Tests as the app is built and finally add tests to an existing application. I think this last option would resonate the most with others, because I have lots of apps but maybe only 1 has tests and I have a feeling that others are the same way.

2. Why did you pick this focus?
    My current company has tons of files for tests and when I add a feature I feel lost on how to add tests that would be useful. I need to get better at this.

3. Why do you think sharing your journey in public will help others?
    I don't often see many tutorials especially for people beginning their journey on how to write tests. I don't even see a mention of it most of the time. However being in the work world I see how it can bring value to people learning to know that it can be useful to write tests.

4. Share the the title you landed on for the series you're going to create as well as the "entries" you anticipate creating/tackling.
    Why and How to write tests for iOS development before and after the app

Collapse

unnamedrd profile image
Naj

I haven't seen very many tutorials on writing tests, so I'm definitely looking forward to your posts. Thanks for tackling this!

Collapse

sparsell profile image
Sonja Parsell

Brilliant topic, Claudia! I was close to doing this myself so I will definitely be consuming what you produce. (BTW: hello from Moms Can:Code and Moms In Tech (Slack). I knew I recognized your name from somewhere...) :)

Collapse

clc80 profile image
Claudia Maciel-Contreras

Hello, It's good to see you and follow what you do as well.