"Everyone makes mistakes." We've heard it time and again. But there's always that nagging voice inside our heads telling us to hide it away somewhere. But why be ashamed?! Besides, this can lead to more mistakes in the future. We'll take a look at some of my mistakes and even look at some extreme cases where mistakes can cost lives.
As well as looking at how hiding mistakes can be damaging to our confidence as well as to our work, we'll discuss how and when to talk about our mistakes along with success stories and how highlighting past mistakes can help save time, effort, and - most importantly - shame as individuals, teams, and as a community.
- Personal blog
- The learning opportunities hiding in our failures (and Eskreis-Winkler and Fishbach study)
- Criminal podcast #133: Red Hair, Gold Car
- @CliffordAgius on Twitter
- Pilot Critical Decision Making skills talk at Build Stuff Conf
- "Why are you being such a git about it?" talk
- "Why are you being such a git about it?" blog
Hi! I'm Joe Glombek — a senior .NET web developer who's been working with various British digital agencies for the past decade and is an Umbraco MVP. In the 5-to-9, I'm an adventure-loving outdoorsman and can often be seen out hiking or canoeing with my dog, Carter.