The main prize of attending CodeLand is all the amazing connections you'll make with other early-career developers, industry leaders, and coding champions. With that said, there are also some pretty sweet prizes and giveaways you'll stand to win. Find out how below! 👀
Thank you for your patience with our team as we'll award most of the prizes described below in the days following CodeLand. We'll provide an update up top here once all prizes have been awarded!
All registered attendees of CodeLand 2022 will receive a limited-edition CodeLand badge on their CodeNewbie Community Profiles.
Still need to register? You can do so here (for as little as $0!).
Like last year's event, CodeLand 2022 will feature a dedicated Discord channel. This is where you'll get the chance to chat in real-time with other attendees, reach the CodeLand team for any questions or help you might need, and stay informed of the latest CodeLand programming news.
In addition, we invite you to participate in one of the official CodeLand discussions which you can find here. We'll add a total of 10 new discussions to this series over the course of the event.
By simply participating in one of the official CodeLand 2022 discussions, you'll be automatically entered into a special raffle with random winners drawn after the event concludes. Prizes for this raffle include...
Additionally, you will be eligible to win one of the prizes above if you comment on one of the CodeLand speaker posts. We'll publish these posts on June 16 and 17 and you'll be encouraged to comment with questions for these speakers to address during live panels and asynchronously. Speaker posts will also be linked in the interactive schedule we'll be releasing ahead of the event.
To be eligible to win a prize in this category, you must participate in at least one discussion found here of one of the CodeLand speaker posts by 11:59 PM UTC on Friday, June 18.
By leaving a comment on a CodeLand sponsor booth thread, you'll be automatically entered into a special raffle with random winners drawn after the event concludes.
Prizes for this raffle include...
Sponsor booth posts will be published on June 16 and will be available on the CodeLand portal when the event begins.
Update: Prizes have been awarded for this category. You can find the winners listed at the top of each individual post (posts are listed on the prize page). Thank you all for playing!
We're thrilled to share that this year, CodeLand will feature a unique and fast-paced "Digital Scavenger Hunt" that will challenge you to answer a series of 13 tech and coding-related questions as quickly and accurately as possible.
Here's how the Digital Scavenger Hunt will work...
- Tune into the CodeLand stream via the link we send to all registered attendees this week.
- Around 2:30 PM PT/5:30 PM ET/9:30 PM UTC, pull up this page and follow along with the instructions shared on the CodeLand stream.
- Refresh the page when prompted to find each individual prompt, which will link to a dedicated submission thread.
- Do your best to answer the prompt quickly and accurately.
We will be awarding...
- ONE grand prize of $300 USD towards the Forem Shop to the person who correctly answers the most prompts the fastest
- THIRTEEN codes worth $100 USD at the Forem Shop for each individual prompt to whomever answers correctly and the quickest.
- EIGHT CodeLand Sticker Packs for random raffling.
To be eligible for one of the prizes above you must respond to at least one of the official digital scavenger hunt prompt posts (to be shared here). The activity period closes at 3 PM PT/6 PM ET/10 PM UTC on June 16.
Filling out this post-event survey will allow us to collect your candid feedback, gather some helpful (optional) information about you, and surface any information that will help us improve CodeLand in the future.
By filling out the CodeLand post-event feedback form, you'll be automatically entered into a special raffle with random winners.
Prizes for this raffle include...
- ONE Phillips Hue Gradient Signe Table Lamp (note: we had previously stated this prize would be a FLOOR lamp, however the company is now out of stock with no estimated date of restocking. Thank you for understanding.)
- FIVE Codes worth $50 USD at the Forem Shop
- FIVE CodeLand Sticker Packs
If you win one of the physical tech prizes listed above (Phillips Hue Light, Samsung Galaxy Watch or Buds), you can also choose to donate the cash value to one of the following non-profit organizations:
Good luck, everyone!
Be sure to pay attention to your inbox over the next few days as we'll be sharing important information about how to access CodeLand 2022 🌈