CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for Prizes, Raffles, & Giveaways at CodeLand 2022 πŸ†
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeLand 2022

Posted on • Updated on

Prizes, Raffles, & Giveaways at CodeLand 2022 πŸ†

Greetings, CodeLand-goers!

The main prize of attending CodeLand is all the amazing connections you'll make with other early-career developers, industry leaders, and coding champions. With that said, there are also some pretty sweet prizes and giveaways you'll stand to win. Find out how below! πŸ‘€

Thank you for your patience with our team as we'll award most of the prizes described below in the days following CodeLand. We'll provide an update up top here once all prizes have been awarded!

1. Digital Profile Badge

All registered attendees of CodeLand 2022 will receive a limited-edition CodeLand badge on their CodeNewbie Community Profiles.

Still need to register? You can do so here (for as little as $0!).

2. Participation in Official CodeLand Discussions & Speaker Posts

Like last year's event, CodeLand 2022 will feature a dedicated Discord channel. This is where you'll get the chance to chat in real-time with other attendees, reach the CodeLand team for any questions or help you might need, and stay informed of the latest CodeLand programming news.

In addition, we invite you to participate in one of the official CodeLand discussions which you can find here. We'll add a total of 10 new discussions to this series over the course of the event.

By simply participating in one of the official CodeLand 2022 discussions, you'll be automatically entered into a special raffle with random winners drawn after the event concludes. Prizes for this raffle include...

Additionally, you will be eligible to win one of the prizes above if you comment on one of the CodeLand speaker posts. We'll publish these posts on June 16 and 17 and you'll be encouraged to comment with questions for these speakers to address during live panels and asynchronously. Speaker posts will also be linked in the interactive schedule we'll be releasing ahead of the event.

To be eligible to win a prize in this category, you must participate in at least one discussion found here of one of the CodeLand speaker posts by 11:59 PM UTC on Friday, June 18.

3. Participation in CodeLand Sponsor Booths

By leaving a comment on a CodeLand sponsor booth thread, you'll be automatically entered into a special raffle with random winners drawn after the event concludes.

Prizes for this raffle include...

Sponsor booth posts will be published on June 16 and will be available on the CodeLand portal when the event begins.

To be eligible to win a prize in this category, you must share a helpful of high-quality comment on one of our sponsors' booth posts by 11:59 PM UTC on Friday, June 18.

4. Participation in our Digital Scavenger Hunt on June 16 at 2:30 PM PT/5:30 PM ET/9:30 PM UTC

Update: Prizes have been awarded for this category. You can find the winners listed at the top of each individual post (posts are listed on the prize page). Thank you all for playing!

We're thrilled to share that this year, CodeLand will feature a unique and fast-paced "Digital Scavenger Hunt" that will challenge you to answer a series of 13 tech and coding-related questions as quickly and accurately as possible.

Here's how the Digital Scavenger Hunt will work...

• Tune into the CodeLand stream via the link we send to all registered attendees this week.
  • Around 2:30 PM PT/5:30 PM ET/9:30 PM UTC, pull up this page and follow along with the instructions shared on the CodeLand stream.
  • Refresh the page when prompted to find each individual prompt, which will link to a dedicated submission thread.
  • Do your best to answer the prompt quickly and accurately.

We will be awarding...

• ONE grand prize of $300 USD towards the Forem Shop to the person who correctly answers the most prompts the fastest
  • THIRTEEN codes worth $100 USD at the Forem Shop for each individual prompt to whomever answers correctly and the quickest.
  • EIGHT CodeLand Sticker Packs for random raffling.

To be eligible for one of the prizes above you must respond to at least one of the official digital scavenger hunt prompt posts (to be shared here). The activity period closes at 3 PM PT/6 PM ET/10 PM UTC on June 16.

5. Filling Out Our Post-Event Feedback Form

Filling out this post-event survey will allow us to collect your candid feedback, gather some helpful (optional) information about you, and surface any information that will help us improve CodeLand in the future.

By filling out the CodeLand post-event feedback form, you'll be automatically entered into a special raffle with random winners.

Prizes for this raffle include...

To be eligible to win one of the prizes above, you must fill out the post-CodeLand feedback form by June 24 @ 11:59 PM UTC. This survey will become available during the closing remarks of CodeLand 2022 on June 17.

Donation Option

If you win one of the physical tech prizes listed above (Phillips Hue Light, Samsung Galaxy Watch or Buds), you can also choose to donate the cash value to one of the following non-profit organizations:

Good luck, everyone!

Be sure to pay attention to your inbox over the next few days as we'll be sharing important information about how to access CodeLand 2022 🌈

Top comments (34)

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her) • Edited

In case folks don't know, the top Survey raffle prize is REALLY COOL. If you aren't familiar, a Philips Signe Floor Lamp is a smart lamp that's meant to be placed in the corner of a room. It casts a gorgeous wash of light across your walls and you can customize the colors in so many ways. It also features voice activation and a ton of other features.

If you've ever admired the beautiful light scenes behind your favorite Twitch streamer, they probably have one of these.

Can you tell that I wish it was ethical for me to win this? πŸ˜‚

Collapse

soccerzortz profile image
Lara Krefski

That lamp sounds amazing!

Collapse

dyarawilliams profile image
D'yara Williams

Amazingily Beautiful 😍😍😍

Collapse

nikiyasimpson profile image
Nikiya Simpson

Nice!!!

Collapse

ifeoomaaa profile image
ify beke

WowπŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ‘‹πŸ½πŸ‘‹πŸ½πŸ’ƒ

Collapse

adeolaogunkola profile image
Ogunkola Adeola Ayorinde

Great.

Collapse

lenishu profile image
Lenish Pandey • Edited

Cool!!

Collapse

justacodergirl profile image
justacodergirl

Wow. I badly wanna a codeland sticker pack.πŸ™Šβ€‹

Collapse

necolanch profile image
Nicholas Cruz

Same here!

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

They're pretty dang cool this year!!

Collapse

lenishu profile image
Lenish Pandey

me too!

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her) • Edited

Hello, everyone! Just wanted to note an update:

We now have a donation option if you win one of the physical tech prizes and would rather put the cash value towards a great cause. Details are above!

happy rainbow

Collapse

kithminiii profile image
Kithmini

WoahhπŸ˜β€‹

Collapse

juanfrank77 profile image
Juan F Gonzalez

Getting excited to be there this week!

Collapse

deesclouds profile image
Dee {he | they}

I love that there are donation options. These non-profits are doing really amazing work fostering positive change within various communities.Β Loving this!!

Collapse

hussain_codes profile image
Hussain Codes

So many chances to win these amazing amazing prizes 😍

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
π•π•¦π•π•šπ•’ πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ’»

Questions about the badge to receive when attending, do I have to register with a specific email or name? I did not get a badge for attending last year, so I guess I missed something out. :-(

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Ah, so the email you use to register needs to match your CodeNewbie Community email. I'll award you last year's badge! I don't think there will be any issue this year as we requested your CodeNewbie handles directly in the registration form!

Collapse

yuridevat profile image

Thank you Gracie :)

Collapse

rohithsreedharan profile image
Rohithaditya

i would love to have those stickers, its my favorite part.

Collapse

thomasbnt profile image
Thomas Bnt

Yaaay πŸ™ŒπŸ₯³πŸŒˆ

Collapse

ishabh profile image
ishabh thakur

Suuper Excited for the event !!!

Collapse

kitamreik profile image
Kit Fenrir Amreik

So excited to be a part of such an invigorating conference!

Collapse

yuridevat profile image

I need this badge :D

Collapse

mjs94080 profile image
MacKenzie

Floor Lamp looks cool!

Collapse

mr_romo profile image
Chris

where does the badge appear? is there anything we have to do other than be registered? I dont see mine. any help? Thanks!

Collapse

aigarspl profile image
Aigars PluΔ£is

Look in your profile, it should appear there.