CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for Tell us about your side projects!

Tell us about your side projects!

CodeNewbie Staff on June 16, 2022

Hey CodeLand! Throughout your experience at this year's event, we hope you get a chance to explore CodeNewbie Community on your own a bit and eng...
Collapse

yechielk profile image
Yechiel (he/him)

My favorite silly little side project is a Twitter bot I made called @ICanHazHugzPlz that gives out free hugs!

hug

Collapse

abmdev profile image
Auroiah Morgan

Cannot go wrong there!

Collapse

ailanthus8 profile image
ailanthus

Love this! Looking forward to making my first Twitter bot!

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
π•π•¦π•π•šπ•’ πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ’»

I am trying to buy my very first domain but there are still problems with NS1 - bummer.

I am currently working on a design system for my personal brand. A "side project" now, but hopefully much more in the next few months.

Collapse

thomasbnt profile image
Thomas Bnt

Currently, I'm redesigning the repository website named "Awesome Web Monetization". With the participation of Netlify for providing me the open source plan, I'm changing all the code based on VueJS and Vite. With SCSS as a bonus !

You can see the WIP website here and the repository βœ¨β˜•

Collapse

eshelton98 profile image
Erik Shelton

Building out an in-depth deck builder and collection logger for Magic the Gathering, if you are interested or want to try it out feel free to reach out to me on Discord at Starfox64_0 #6082.

Been working on it on and off for about 8 months now, built using the MERN stack, had to implement Node Streaming, have a rudimentary Friend System implemented using hashed friend codes (think Nintendo Switch friend code style) among other things done or planned.

Collapse

vcerpasalas profile image
Valeria Cerpa Salas

My side project is a venture I'm starting with a group of friends from my bootcamp, which is an anime straming and ecommerce platform. We hope to launch this project on the web at the end of the month, and start a community from it.

Collapse

mreves profile image
Matt Eves

I've only completed 1 project (a program that semi-automated 2 different performance reports). I'm currently working on a group project to develop a program to help with public health decision making, using scikitlearn. Really enjoying learning more about machine learning within the project. My reflection on undertaking projects is for me personally, I have found I've learnt so much more by solving all the associated problems with a "real" project, compared to lots and lots of tutorials.

Collapse

dulyaaa profile image
Dulya Perera

I'm working on developing a eye disease predicting mobile application for eye patients using machine learning and AI related technologies. It contains 4 main features to produce the high accuracy on predicting the disease and tracking the disease since the some eye diseases are leading to vision loss. It gives warnings and reminders to the patients in daily basis.

Collapse

asbourlotos profile image
Alexander Bourlotos

My one side project I have is WordGoal, which is a calculator for authors to track their pace on their current novel. My wife self-publishes novels and it helps her to push a little further in her days to write just a little more so she can see the projected "days left" based on her progress.

Collapse

theoriginalbpc profile image
Sarah Dye

I'm working on launching my YouTube channel. That's why I haven't posted much here on DEV and CodeNewbie. It is close to being ready to launch. Coding wise, I'm planning on building my own wedding website. I got engaged last month so I've been looking into how I could build my own wedding website.

Collapse

necolanch profile image
Nicholas Cruz

I have just finished a project for my portfolio class called Halo Fakepoint. For any Halo players, if you are familiar with Halo Waypoint, it is a smaller scale mock of that website. It is a MERN stack application. It accesses the Halo API for primary game data. The database holds user/account data and their friends they add to a friends list on the website. There is more work to be done like creating a fully functional sign in/sign up. The friends list and user are separate collections so I need to structure the user collection to include the friends list so it is different for each user. Trying to make these changes/additions to go live with it and see real people use it.

Collapse

kithminiii profile image
Kithmini

These days, I'm creating my own portfolio website. β€‹πŸ™ƒβ€‹

Image description

Collapse

anyanka profile image
Anja

Currently I'm working on a website about plants - one of my favourite topics so it's a perfect base for a project of mine because getting bored is harder

Collapse

smitter profile image
Zacky Aduoli

Currently am working on building a clone of youtube, hacking together the functionality and user interface that resembles the real world youtube. It is my side project that I want to include in my portfolio and perhaps get hired

You can check out the live url at: yt-mimic.web.app
And the Repo at: github.com/hane-smitter/youtube_clone (leave a star 🌟 if It blew your mind)

Collapse

stweffy_88 profile image
Stephanie Poon

I have been gathering resources for a blog about digital literacy, which is an area of growth for the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector here in Australia. Specifically, the addition of a Digital Literacy Skills Framework to the already established Australian Core Skills Framework.

I'm still debating whether to use Blogger, Tumblr, Wordpress or just take the plunge and make my own blog from scratch.

Collapse

mnechromancer profile image
Jamison Ducey

I've been getting into the AI art generators recently and it's taught me a lot about machine learning!

The Disco Diffusion notebook is a great place to start and the community is very active. The notebook can generate a picture or a series of pictures based on a text prompt. It can make coherent videos (latest update adds more functionality with using an init video as an added prompt) and with a bit of practice and research I've made some really cool stuff 😎

Collapse

abmdev profile image
Auroiah Morgan

Working on a comic book app that tracks all the Marvel, DC and other comic heroes, generates stats, create your own hero, and eventually run AI predicted fights and updates on stats, story, etc. Planning on doing this using MAUI, AZ Cog services, and whatever comes up during planning

Collapse

argemflores profile image
Argem Flores

Still software development, but doing full stack there 😁

Collapse

talib1996 profile image
M.Fahad Imtiaz

I have developed an android app in android studio which controls home appliances via bluetooth signals.

Collapse

peaceudoka profile image
Azubuogu Peace Udoka

I am currently working on a mock startup as part of a boot camp project. The startup provides a platform for managing employees from hiring to vacation requests and many more.

Collapse

spicyc profile image
SpicyC

Currently Designing & Developing LMS for
americanhomeschools.org

Collapse

bobbytrejo profile image
Bobby Trejo

I actually dont have any particular side projects at the moment. But I'm really thinking about contributing to Open Source projects real soon.

Collapse

mariessad profile image
mariessad

learning React so I can update my Full-Stack project to have a more interactive Front-End! Almost done with my first Web Dev portfolio using bootstrap

Collapse

valentinesean profile image
Valentine Sean Chanengeta • Edited

I am currently working on an EPL players search engine. Basically it just sumarizes player information obtained by scraping EPL website.
It is meant to be a portfolio project.

Collapse

hussain_codes profile image
Hussain Codes

I've built little projects here and there in my learning journey but will soon start a 100-hours project on something that I'm excited about (haven't decided it yet).

Collapse

frankiefab100 profile image
Franklin Ohaegbulam

I'm working on a browser extension

Collapse

gulshanaggarwal profile image
Gulshan aggarwal

Building a Cover-Builder web app for blogging platforms like dev.to & hashnode. Almost 80β„… done, about to launch it very soon.😎

Collapse

safetyvest2789 profile image
Safety Vest 2789

Creating a photo journal/repsonsive web page of my film project. Coding,compositing,and documenting my experiences of learning to code.

Collapse

itsnatalye profile image
itsNatalye

I am working on a website on job development.

Collapse

ailanthus8 profile image
ailanthus

I'm building simple JavaScript quizzes. Test your knowledge of Philadelphia! ailanthus8.github.io/Philadelphia_...

Collapse

christopheraaron_ profile image
Christopher Aaron

Lately, my projects have been related to wedding planning! Just got recently engaged so I have projects like our Mr & Mrs website and a Ceremony/Reception database. XD

Collapse

aigarspl profile image
Aigars PluΔ£is • Edited

Having 2 for now:

• radio listening page (rebuild it)
  • internal server monitoring system

Possibly both in Python, as I am still looking up for technologies usable for radio listening page.

Collapse

rebeccaokine profile image
BexπŸ‘©πŸΏβ€πŸ’»πŸ’œ

Creating my portfolio website and hoping to start Youtube soon.

Collapse

kingasix profile image
Jeffrey β€˜King the Asix’ Willis

I’m currently working on a template for projects related to a series I’m working on and I've gotten back into 3D printing and modeling.