CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for What was your favorite part of CodeLand 2021?
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeLand 2022

Posted on

What was your favorite part of CodeLand 2021?

Hey there, CodeNewbie Community!

With CodeLand 2022 coming up NEXT week (June 16 & 17, 2022 β€” right here on CodeNewbie Community), our team is curious to hear about your favorite part of CodeLand LAST year if you attended.

CodeLand Raffle & Prizes πŸ†

This thread is part of an ongoing series of discussions before and during CodeLand 2022. Each post in the CodeLand 2022 Discussions series will be part of a special prize raffle after the event concludes.

More info is coming on this raffle, but for now, all you need to know is that you'll be automatically entered to win free merch from our shop β€” just for responding in this thread!

Register

If you haven't grabbed your spot at CodeLand 2022, don't wait another minute! We're so excited for this year's amazing lineup of talks, activities, and inspiration for early-career software developers and their champions. Tickets are pay-what-you-want β€” starting at $0!

>> Register for CodeLand 2022

Top comments (41)

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
π•π•¦π•π•šπ•’ πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ’»
Collapse

clearlythuydoan profile image
Thuy Doan

Hi Julia, I'm happy you enjoyed it :) Was there any particular section that resonated with you?

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
π•π•¦π•π•šπ•’ πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ’»

Actually it was a lot of sections because my first job started about 2 weeks later after CodeLand, so I got so much out of it. I didn't think about environment setup until your talk and started looking at my personal setup, the extensions I need and use daily, and wrote everything down to install immediately when I set up my environment with the company laptop.

It also encouraged me to document everything from the beginning, because until then I thought this might be a senior task. When I entered my first project, the onboarding process was quite confusing for me because there was no documentation. So I started writing an onboarding process, which was very well received by the PM and others. When I left the project (3 weeks ago), I also wrote a documentation of everything I had experienced for my front end colleagues to show all possible scenarios related to the project/code and how to solve/avoid/handle them.

These actions left quite an impression.

Collapse

thomasbnt profile image
Thomas Bnt
Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Yes! This was a great talk :)

Collapse

kithminiii profile image
Kithmini

Um a newbie to the Codeland.Hope CodeLand 2022 will be a great event for us and everything on there will be our favorite.😊β™₯️

Collapse

katfay profile image
Kat Fay

I'm a newbie too Kithmini! Let's follow and encourage each other on here and Twitter. Looking forward to CodeLand 2022! What events are you attending at CodeLand 2022?

Collapse

vcerpasalas profile image
Valeria Cerpa Salas

My favorite part of Codeland is the diverse community I am seeing here, the lectures and advices from people with more experience in the tech industry and the sense of community during the event.

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Collapse

theoriginalbpc profile image
Sarah Dye
Collapse

bkid00 profile image
bkid00

Actually, I am a first comer to the codeland 2022

Collapse

bobbytrejo profile image
Bobby Trejo

My favorite part of CodeLand 2022 was when Raymond Chung spoke on "A Programmer's Guide to Mental Health". I feel that in the tech industry mental health is not properly being mentioned or encouraged to be aware of enough. So I'm glad he was able to touch on that and talk about burnout and not let ourselves get to that point.

Collapse

brianhhough profile image
Brian H. Hough | brianhuff.eth

This is my first time attending CodeLand! 😊 But I was looking at last year's talks and Thuy Doan's "How to provide value from day one of your dev career" and this was a great talk! Highly recommend πŸ’―

youtu.be/4pI7miwXwY0?t=6119

Collapse

faruqjada profile image
FaruqJada

This is my first time honestly so I have no idea of the past events

Collapse

justacodergirl profile image
justacodergirl

First time and interesting to see whats going on this beautiful event.πŸ™Šβ€‹

Collapse

jimtornvall profile image
Jim TΓΆrnvall

Web accessibility (A11y)

Collapse

geoffkatstech profile image
geoffkats-tech

Oh wow I just can't forget about what Anna lytical said about coding being a drag it was my first time hearing that

Collapse

benji1304 profile image
Ben Stokes

first timer!

Collapse

nickytonline profile image
Nick Taylor

Captain America saluting

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati
Collapse

hussain_codes profile image
Hussain Codes

Haven't attended CodeLand 2021 but super pumped for this one and all the exciting stuff it has to offer!