CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for What's your non-coding superpower?

What's your non-coding superpower?

CodeNewbie Staff on June 16, 2022

Hey CodeLand! Throughout your experience at this year's event, we hope you get a chance to explore CodeNewbie Community on your own a bit and eng...
Collapse

mr_romo profile image
Chris

My non- coding super power is that I am a creative first! I come from a background in photography and film making!

Collapse

zoemoment profile image
Zoe

I wish I was more creative! The actual design process is like pulling teeth for me sometimes :/

Collapse

ben profile image
Ben Halpern

That is a very good super power to have!

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

I have an amateur photography experience as well!
I used to sell photos on photo stock platforms πŸ˜„

Collapse

emilymorin profile image
Emily Morin

Awesome! I come from a music performance background :)

Collapse

kithminiii profile image
Kithmini

I think my non-coding super poewer is that, I can write.Actually I like to content writing than coding.I paticipated a lot of content writing competitions and could win also.So I think this is my non coding superpower.πŸ™ƒβ€‹

Collapse

ben profile image
Ben Halpern

I kind of think as coding as a skill that augments a bunch of other stuff I either do better or like better than coding.

I think that's the most special thing about coding β€” it can help unlock some of the other stuff.

Collapse

zoemoment profile image
Zoe

My non-coding super power is knife sharpening! With a strong preference to kitchen knife sharpening, however I've been trying my hand at sharpening wood working tools and clay tools lately.

It's easy to keep up my skills as my husband loves to cook and I pride myself on keeping our knives scary sharp ;)

Collapse

dulyaaa profile image
Dulya Perera

Amazing😍 skill that the woman must have.

Collapse

dallasviars profile image
Dallas Viars

That's a great skill to have! I cut meat for 14 years and have seen so many colleagues cut themselves b/c they didn't maintain their knives' sharpness well.

Collapse

timdehof profile image
timDeHof

I would say that my non-coding superpowers are attention to details, problem solving, and a love for learning.

Collapse

ckn00b profile image
Christian New

I can play multiple instruments and I'm oddly proud of my trucker's hitch tie-down ability!

Collapse

mariessad profile image
mariessad

my non-coding super power(s) are creativity and empathy! I graduated from art college and I have a background as a teacher, so I am great at communicating and helping others. I am passionate about making things beautiful, and understand how important good visual design is for a pleasant user experience!

Collapse

jolenekearse profile image
Jolene Kearse

I'm fairly proficient in Photoshop; I learned on a free Chinese version when I just speak English! I used it to make PowerPoints for when I was teaching English and loved the creativity. I find that really helps with coding too! I also love photography, but really just love to mess around with that.

Collapse

asbourlotos profile image
Alexander Bourlotos

My non-coding superpower is figuring things out. Kind of like a handy-person, I can look at something new and gain enough knowledge about it to be somewhat confident. It really opens up the possibilities of what you're capable of!

I was able to rise to the top as a service desk rep because a lot of what happens are brand new problems. I can't wait to bring that type of thinking into tech.

Collapse

bobbytrejo profile image
Bobby Trejo

Hmm.. this is a good question. I would have to say my non-coding super power would be that I consider my knowledge intake like a sponge. I try to absorb all the information that I can and I don't miss out on an opportunity to learn something new.

Collapse

juanfrank77 profile image
Juan F Gonzalez

My non-coding superpower is something I dubbed "intuitive aptitude". Basically getting into a new field of knowledge and even with 0 previous context I can get to an above intermediate level in a matter of days.

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
π•π•¦π•π•šπ•’ πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ’»

That I can motivate others. I am a dreamer and sometimes this is what people need.

Collapse

theoriginalbpc profile image
Sarah Dye

I've been told my biggest strength is being a good teacher. However, I think my non-coding super power is being kind and having empathy for others.

Collapse

thomasbnt profile image
Thomas Bnt • Edited

I hide my superpowers! πŸ‘€πŸ€«

Collapse

ben profile image
Ben Halpern

lol

Collapse

cbid2 profile image
Christine

As someone who comes from a teaching background and interested in starting a career in Learning & Development, I find my non-coding superpowers to be problem-solving, curriculum writing, being detail-oriented, and analytical.

Collapse

hunghvu profile image
Hung Vu

I spent a fair amount of time learning other sysadmin and software / hardware skills as a hobby. Along the side is content creation, not necessary in a creative manner, but more of a technical approach. I have been writing for a few months, and been getting into photography and videography recently.

Collapse

hanyangcoder profile image
HanYangCoder

I guess my non-coding superpower would be that I can spend a lot of time tinkering things, maybe software, some hardware, or even machines other than a computer. Kept breaking stuff but I definitely love the learning process up until I fix most if not all of them! XD

Collapse

dulyaaa profile image
Dulya Perera

My non-coding superpower would be trying out new things and never giving upπŸ’ͺ when failed.

Collapse

kelsyhope profile image
kelsyhope • Edited

My non-coding super power is horse training... I spent most of my life pursuing that. Turns out, I love horses too much to put them through what that industry demands. I have been looking for a job to be able to support my one giant white horse and give her the life she deserves.

Collapse

emdebarros profile image
Em

I would say that my non-coding superpowers are leadership and documentation! I always try to motivate my team by bringing in new ideas to help us get closer to our overall mission every day. Also, I try to document my work whenever I can, and I encourage my team to do so as well, to avoid silos. Documenting is a lot of upfront work, but it pays off immediately!

Collapse

judedevdw profile image
JudeDevDW

My non-coding superpower is cooking! Love making different types of food and trying new ingredients.

Collapse

codinglady22 profile image
Maye Jesuorobo

I would say my non-coding super power is my power of observation. I like playing hidden object games, spotting the differences, puzzles, problem solving and brain teasers. Basically, I seem to like mental gymnastics :D

Collapse

lellis09 profile image
Lishia Ellis

My coding superpower is non-existent at the moment lol but I'm searching high and low for it.

Collapse

missbabelfish profile image
Leah Godfrey

My non-code superpower is tenacity. I almost never give up. I love to figure things out and solve problems that seemed impossible to solve at first glance.

Collapse

kasopej profile image
Kasope Johnson

I think being highly analytical. I come from a mechanical engineering background, my previous job also involved a lot of analysing diverse data to come up with a solution

Collapse

carnegiej profile image
Carnegie Johnson • Edited

My non-coding super power is hosting global conversations via virtual reality in AltspaceVR. account.altvr.com/channels/CECNES

Collapse

hussain_codes profile image
Hussain Codes

Watching videos at 2x (sometimes 3x) speed. Helps me breeze through any kind of video especially tutorials (of course I slow down when I fail to keep-upπŸ˜…)

Collapse

sstevens22 profile image
Sheldon Stevens

I do graphic design as well and I am also a pre-k teacher. I dabble in videography, photography, photo editing and such but mainly I am a digital creative :)

Collapse

mariasilva_dev profile image
Maria Silva

My non-coding super power are my nursing skills! I have been in ICU nurse and prenatal clinic nurse. I love helping people get better but I especially love educating my patients.

Collapse

tiffany profile image
Tiffany (she/ela)

I'm a restless creative, I can write and draw and produce/edit audiovisual. Also, I'm a runner and pretty good at cooking :)

Collapse

tabspear profile image
Tabspear

My non-coding super power is eating.

Collapse

talib1996 profile image
M.Fahad Imtiaz • Edited

I dislike using pirated or cracked softwares and prefer their opensource aternatives.

Collapse

marjanabm profile image
Marjan

My non-coding super power is that I'm a perfect chef, I cook super delicious and good designed food, cakes and desserts.
I'm new in tech world but I believe I'll be a good software engineer.

Collapse

jamiechannell profile image
Jamie

Graphic design! I have almost 20 years experience. I'm currently learning front end web development so I can actually build the sites I design.

Collapse

fizzybuzzybeezy profile image
fizzybuzzybeezy

Patience, although sometimes I think it causes me to wait a bit too long, smh :D

Collapse

mreves profile image
Matt Eves

I play the drums and enjoy photography πŸ₯πŸ“Έ

Collapse

filipparyz profile image
Filip ParyΕΌ

I've competed and organised Rubiks Cube events and I can differentiate tasting notes in specialty coffee on beginner level 😎

Collapse

infopro247 profile image
infopro247

Trying new things and problem-solving. Connecting people.

Collapse

nehamaity profile image
Neha Maity

My non-coding superpower is parody songwriting!

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

My non-coding super powers are writing, organizing tasks, and supporting/motivating others!

Collapse

valentinesean profile image
Valentine Sean Chanengeta

The other superpower I have is to make someone to acquire coding superpowers

Collapse

itsnatalye profile image
itsNatalye

My non-coding superpower is graphic/web design!

Collapse

anyanka profile image
Anja

I'm creative and pragmatic at the same time which is a gift (and a burden, like every super power :D)

Collapse

kingasix profile image
Jeffrey β€˜King the Asix’ Willis

My non-coding superpower would be my ability to pick up information quickly and my ability to adapt under pressure.

Collapse

cecily916 profile image
cecily-916

Empathy :)

Collapse

pablohe78730909 profile image
Pablo Hernandez

I humbly offer strong ethics, 100 % dedication, a life saver, a caretaker, an essential worker to an ailing community and a life long learner.

Collapse

ypg00 profile image
Yuriy P Golota • Edited

My non-coding super power is carpentry. I even had the pleasure of working on Monticello!

Collapse

vcerpasalas profile image
Valeria Cerpa Salas

My non-coding superpower are skills in project management, from develop of budgets, schedules itineraries, and also some event planning skills.

Collapse

techgirl1 profile image
Tech Girl

My non-coding super power is eating 😌✊

I love junk food

Collapse

emfeld17 profile image
Emily Feld

Performing/improvising music, curiosity, making jokes, and working with/getting to know new people!

Collapse

hatricia profile image
Hattie

Knitting! I really love anything hands on but knitting has been the thing that has stuck with me through the years, it's very calming for me now and helps with my anxiety and lack of patience.

Collapse

nkarnes profile image
Nancy Karnes

cooking!

Collapse

ailanthus8 profile image
ailanthus

My non-coding superpower is communications--I've been a media relations leader and social media manager as well as a writer and public speaker. I'm also a great community organizer and advocate.

Collapse

kitamreik profile image
Kit Fenrir Amreik

My non- coding super power is community and reciprocity- it's the building blocks that we all need in life <3

Collapse

stweffy_88 profile image
Stephanie Poon

My non-coding superpower is singing. I was in school choir, which lead me into community theatre musicals. This developed into cabaret performance and singing at a few weddings.

Collapse

pablohe78730909 profile image
Pablo Hernandez

Health care worker for over 25 years, I have worked in Trauma centers, Open Heart surgery arenas, Total Joint replacements and ambulatory centers. Now onto a new Journey. πŸ’―πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘βœŒοΈπŸ€™

Collapse

ekoyon profile image
Ekoyon

My non-coding superpower has to be Technical writing, I just started and can't wait to write more

Collapse

rebeccaokine profile image
BexπŸ‘©πŸΏβ€πŸ’»πŸ’œ

My non-coding super power is singing and cooking.

Collapse

dallasviars profile image
Dallas Viars

I'd say my non-coding superpowers are the ability to face a problem without panicking, and being attuned to details.

Collapse

peaceudoka profile image
Azubuogu Peace Udoka

Super powerπŸ€” That would be my ability to do just about anything I put my mind toπŸ˜… Juggling several courses and projects amd still meeting up🀣

Collapse

mjs94080 profile image
MacKenzie

Nun-Chuck skillz!