CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for Where are you attending CodeLand 2022 from?
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeLand 2022

Posted on • Updated on

Where are you attending CodeLand 2022 from?

Hey there, CodeNewbie Community members old and new!

With CodeLand 2022 coming up really soon (June 16 & 17, 2022), our team would love to know where you'll be tuning in from!

Let us know in the comments below!

CodeLand Raffle & Prizes πŸ†

This thread is part of an ongoing series of discussions before and during CodeLand 2022. Each post in the CodeLand 2022 Discussions series will be part of a special prize raffle after the event concludes.

More info is coming on this raffle, but for now, all you need to know is that you'll be automatically entered to win free merch from our shop β€” just for responding in this thread!

Register

If you haven't grabbed your spot at CodeLand 2022, don't wait another minute! We're so excited for this year's amazing lineup of talks, activities, and inspiration for early-career software developers and their champions. Tickets are pay-what-you-want β€” starting at $0!

>> Register for CodeLand 2022

Top comments (198)

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Portland, Oregon in the US!

Collapse

jamiechannell profile image
Jamie

I'm moving to Portland in August, so excited!

Collapse

nakedgrammer profile image
Sea Dub

Yay! I love Portland! In case you like beautiful places and short hikes right in the city; check out Mt Tabor. And since August; Broughton Beach Park has a sandy beach to swim in the Columbia River. Sauvie island beach is also really nice.

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Awesome! If you ever need any recommendations, I've been here for 10+ years and know the place like the back of my hand!

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

The Netherlands! 😊

Collapse

chiesad1 profile image
chiesad1

New Jersey

Collapse

necolanch profile image
Nicholas Cruz

Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA

Collapse

kaitlinlewis profile image
kaitlinLewis

Hamilton, Ontario!

Collapse

katfay profile image
Kat Fay

Hi Kaitlin, I love your mission to use coding to help your students and other teachers. I'm an ex-teacher and beginner coder who would love to follow your journey and encourage each other on here and Twitter! πŸ™‚ Hi from Melbourne, Australia πŸ‘‹πŸΌ

Collapse

kaitlinlewis profile image
kaitlinLewis

Hey Kat! High fives for teachers! I would love to hear more about your story as well. Coding is the absolute best. You will love it!

Thread Thread

katfay profile image
Kat Fay

High five Kaitlin! πŸ‘πŸΌ I was a high school English, literature and literature teacher for a little bit. LOVED IT but I prefer a more introverted working style. I see you teach French?

Collapse

slhandmade profile image
LynnieB

I am a former educator as well! Hi, from Ohio USA!

Thread Thread

katfay profile image
Kat Fay

Hi Lynnie, nice to meet you πŸ‘‹πŸΌ πŸ˜ƒ I'm from Australia but I've actually been to Ohio once before, I wonder if our paths crossed 🀣 What did you used to teach?

Thread Thread

slhandmade profile image
LynnieB

haha, that would be an INSANELY small world, wouldn't it???!!! I taught K-5 grade Special Education Reading. I was in for about 11 years, then COVID hit and much like a lot of the world, things shifted a bit for me in my career.

Thread Thread

katfay profile image
Kat Fay

Sounds like a good shift, Lynnie!

Collapse

justacodergirl profile image
justacodergirl

Nova ScotiaπŸβ€‹

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
π•π•¦π•π•šπ•’ πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ’»

Vienna, Austria

Collapse

theoriginalbpc profile image
Sarah Dye

Canton, Ohio

Collapse

michaeltharrington profile image
Michael Tharrington

Pittsboro, NC! πŸ™Œ

Collapse

kithminiii profile image
Kithmini • Edited

From little island Sri LankaπŸ‡±πŸ‡°πŸŒ΄

Collapse

dulyaaa profile image
Dulya Perera

Attending from Colombo, Sri LankaπŸ€—

Collapse

iumoinfinium profile image
IumoInfinium

echo "India :)"

Collapse

comfydork profile image
meddifera

regional Victoria, Australia

Collapse

katfay profile image
Kat Fay

Hi from another farmer! (originally Western District, Vic - now in Melbs though)

Collapse

comfydork profile image
meddifera

Lol, I'm not exactly farming here, just happen to be in the rural areas. I'm originally from Kuala Lumpur and after living here for 2 years, I don't think I can cope going back to the city! How are you enjoying life in Melb?

Thread Thread

katfay profile image
Kat Fay

Hehe, well I'm glad you're liking rural Vic. Sounds like a huge change from KL! What do you like best about regional life? I love Melbourne (and our coffee, among other things) but have lived here for ages and am itching to travel or live in another country.

Thread Thread

comfydork profile image
meddifera

Less people, less traffic! Covid restrictions are easing now so it's not too early to make plans for travelling.

Collapse

bagya00 profile image
Bhagyaa

From Colombo

Collapse

gungz profile image
Agung Sidharta So

From Jakarta, Indonesia.