CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for #CNC2021 "Start Coding" Mission 5 [pt. I] Submission Thread
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeNewbie Team

Posted on

#CNC2021 "Start Coding" Mission 5 [pt. I] Submission Thread

After completing all the steps in your Mission 5 [pt. I] email, share whether or not your coding sessions are still aligned with your goals, and what, if any, adjustments you plan on making. Don't forget to connect with your fellow CodeNewbie Challenge participants in the comments & leave a helpful or encouraging comment!

You're almost done with this challenge 🎉

Congrats on challenging yourself to Start Coding! If you have any questions about the challenge overall, head to the Start Coding Help Thread. For any technical questions throughout the challenge (or in general!) write a #help post and share with the community!

Top comments (10)

Collapse

aivanvarma profile image
Eero Saarinen

My goals are still the same, the only difference is that I changed the material that I was using to the one provided by GameDevHQ. I've tried to code every day, but this weekend I had to take a pause, because I just haven't had the energy to do anything. One cause for this has most likely been that I've tried to shift my habits from staying up late to waking up early.

Collapse

gingercatjayne profile image
Jayne

Yes, I have encountered the same problem. I find trying to learn and practise is so tiring it leaves me with no energy to do anything else. Jayne

Collapse

anushkacodergirl profile image
Anushka Raj

Hey Everyone!
My coding sessions were still aligned with my goals. I build a web project that is a todo app made using React and Firebase. I also did freecodecamp challenges.
Feel free to connect with me on Instagram and Linkedin

Happy Coding!

Collapse

Jayne

Hi Anushka,

I will connect with you on Linkedin, and we can keep in touch with our coding journeys!
Jayne

Collapse

noviicee profile image
Novice • Edited

I have been increasing my coding sessions timing to 2-2.5 hours these days. The courses and materials remain the same. (Mainly Udemy and Coursera). Trying to implement whatever I learn through the lectures. Took a short break on weekend though :) 💚

Collapse

iggyiccy profile image
Iggy

This week I had took sometime to practice some algorithms problems which is essential to my job seeking. meanwhile I had came up with an idea for the hackathon that I am attending and is going to draft some code later this week. overall, these all aligned the goals that I want to achieve.

Collapse

Jayne

My problem is that I like to delve into many areas rather than just concentrating on one. I identified Bootstrap as my main focus and while that is still the case, I am also doing an online course on becoming a WordPress Developer. That course talks about WP specific php and using a Local Host (which is great). It is an intensive course and it is for that reason, I do a bit of it each day. On top of that, I am building a blog from scratch (again WP).
But back to the question - I was glad to rediscover Codeacademy because I found a FREE course Building a Webpage using Bootstrap! I am almost finished and it has been an excellent introduction and I love the name 'Jumbotron'! I really like Bootstrap! The difficulty I had was I was stuck on HTML and CSS so much so that I struggled to consider anything else! HTML and CSS were like, if I can use this analogy - your old and worn comfortable slippers which you know should be thrown away but you can't bear to part with them and break-in a new pair.
The resources I originally outlined are still in place, but I do have to say Codeacademy has helped to make the learning journey easier. Finally, I have to credit CodeNewbie's weekly emails for reminding me about Codeacademy. Right, that's enough from me! Jayne

Collapse

paulwebdev profile image
Paul D

My coding sessions are still aligned with set goals. I'm trying to adjust my daily schedule to squeeze in more study/coding time.
Honestly need to work on discipline and time management.

Collapse

Jayne

Hi Paul,

I must admit it can take me ages to get through a 10 minute video!
Jayne

Collapse

shak23 profile image
shak23

Getting back on to commit to this challenge.