CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for [#CNC2022 Cohort 1] "Write More" Welcome Thread
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeNewbie Team

Posted on

[#CNC2022 Cohort 1] "Write More" Welcome Thread

Hello and welcome to #CNC2022's "Write More" Welcome Thread for Cohort 1!

We're so excited you've committed to this five-week challenge.

In the thread below, leave one comment, containing responses to the following prompts:

• Introduce yourself and share why you decided to participate in the "Write More" challenge
  • What are you most excited about in regards to the "Write More" challenge?
  • Anything you're nervous about?
  • What is your history with writing?

After you've left your own comment, scan through the thread and introduce yourself to a few people by replying to their comments! If anything they've said resonates with you, let them know! Then, be sure to follow one another here on CodeNewbie Community.

Top comments (27)

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
π•π•¦π•π•šπ•’ πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ’» • Edited

Hi Mina-san πŸ‘‹ !

My name is Julia and I decided to participate in this challenge because #CNC2021 "Ready to get a job" was quite a success for me. πŸ™ƒ
I am excited about my progress and improvement at the end of the challenge, which I am sure I will make. πŸ’ͺ
I am not nervous but really excited to start with this years challenge. 🀩
My history with writing is, that I started a few months ago and I have many ideas but I am not quite consistent since I always have troubles to start my articles. πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’« My goal is to fill my learning website with great content as soon as possible because my mission is to help other self-taught developers to find a job as well.

Wish everyone good luck and have fun πŸ€

Collapse

codeebullient profile image
chassis

Hi, i wish you good luck too. πŸ‘

Collapse

annetawamono profile image
Anneta Wamono

That's a great goal to have Julia! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress

Collapse

abdulrrazzaq profile image
abdulrrazzaq

Hi Mina-san πŸ‘‹,
from your comment, I'm sure you'll be able to write amazing stuff in no time, and your website will be full of helpful materials.
Wish you the best, and nice to meet you

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
π•π•¦π•π•šπ•’ πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ’»

Thank you so much :)

Collapse

linuxdotexe profile image
Venkata Naga Sai Nivas Mangu

Hey! I'm Sai Nivas. I decided to participate in the Write More challenge to... write more xD. I always wanted to write blogs, share what I learned and document my process. I've seen that I start working on something and give up mid way due to whatever reason I come up with at that time. I wanted to take up this challenge hoping it will make me more accountable towards my work. I am excited to see what good content I can come up with and how I can improve. Thanks for doing this BTW!

Collapse

yuridevat profile image

Hi Sai Nivas, nice to meet you. I am sure that this time you will not give up mid way, because now we are in this together! I am also excited about what content you will create during the challenge! :)

Collapse

codeebullient profile image
chassis

Hello Sai Nivas, this is exactly me, that mid way giving must stop βœ‹ πŸ˜…, we must finish strong πŸ’ͺ.
Nice to meet

Collapse

Anneta Wamono

Hi Sai Nivas πŸ‘‹ Nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to your content!

Collapse

abdulrrazzaq

Hello Sai Nivas, nice to meet you. I'm sure this challenge will help achieve your goals. let's finish this together. we can do it.

Collapse

coder_utkarsh profile image
Utkarsh Maurya

Hey everyone, I am Utkarsh from India. I decided to participate in the Write more challenge because I want to improve my writing skills.
The part that excites me most about Write more challenge is that my journey will be shared among all the folks who are participating in this challenge. This is also something that I am most nervous about as I will be accountable for my work.
So far I have only written one blog about a GitHub Action workflow that I created for the GitHub Actions hackathon. You can read it here.

Collapse

yuridevat profile image

Hey Utkarsh, nice to meet you :) Don't be nervous when sharing your work, it is something we all are experiencing in the moment. Let's help each other out and we can pass this challenge with great memories and content.
Great article about the GitHub Action workflow btw, cool that you know EddieHub as well :)

Collapse

Utkarsh Maurya

Thank you Julia 😊. Glad that you're a part of EddieHub as well. ✌️

Collapse

Anneta Wamono

Hi Utkarsh πŸ‘‹ I really like your Github Actions blog. I might even have a go at my own workflow 😊

Collapse

Utkarsh Maurya

Thank you @annetawamono .

Collapse

Anneta Wamono

Hi everyone. My name is Anneta and I'm from South Africa. I decided to participate in this challenge because it aligned with my year's goal to write more in general.

I'm excited to have a community to go through this experience with me since I'm pretty new to blogging and tech writing. I'm nervous about committing my time since I'm going through a couple of big life changes at the moment.

My history with writing is more in the creative field. I started writing film scripts 2 years ago and I've written a couple of short narratives for games I've built in the past.

I look forward to connecting with you and providing/getting feedback on our work!

Collapse

yuridevat profile image

Hello Anneta, so excited to participate in this challenge with an ambitious person like you together. This will be great. I really like that you wrote short narratives and film scripts in your past, what a wonderful thing to do :)

Collapse

Utkarsh Maurya

Hey Anneta ! Looking forward to your work for this challenge 😊

Collapse

jasonmedina profile image
jason-medina

Hi Everybody! My name is Jason Medina, and I decided to participate in the "Write More" challenge for motivation to consistently write more. This challenge excites me because writing helps to organize and collect my thoughts. I am always nervous about re-reading my own writing because my style and tone change often with context. Less is more! My writing history includes lots of math proofs, business emails, and random thoughts. Look forward to sharing and growing during the challenge.

Collapse

yuridevat profile image

Hi Jason, looking forward reading your articles you will write during this challenge :)

Collapse

Utkarsh Maurya

Hi Jason πŸ‘‹. Looking forward to read and learn from your articles for this challenge. 😊

Collapse

abdulrrazzaq

Hi, I'm Abdulrrazzaq full stack NodeJS engineer, I'm participating in the "Write More" challenge to learn how to write good articles.
I'm excited to share my first article with the community I learned a lot and I made a lot of mistakes, I want to share my journey becoming a self-taught NodeJS engineer, I want to share my mistakes and my knowledge, every day I learn new amazing tips, methods, ideas I always said I which I knew this before. and I'm sure I'll learn more because I'll need to be sure I understand what I share and what I write about.
I'm nervous about my abilities regards writing, I never wrote and shared anything on the internet so I'm nervous about where I'll find my inspiration, idea, and if my writing is understandable enough.
I haven't share any article yet, but I write a lot of tweet πŸ˜…

Collapse

yuridevat profile image

Hi, Abdulrrazzaq! Your journey and ideas on what to write about sound amazing. I am sure this will help a lot of selftaught developers out there staying strong on their journey, feeling motivated! I am convinced that you will improve your skills in a short time when you stick to it. Enjoy the challenge! I am excited to read your articles! πŸ™ƒ

Collapse

yuridevat profile image

Hi fellow participants πŸ‘‹

I created my draft and would be looking now for someone filling out this form (mission III) about your thoughts on my draft. I really appreciate it πŸ˜‡

Here's the link to my draft on communication for devs.

Collapse

sbstn profile image
sbstn98

Hey, anybody out there from germany ? I write in german, so i need some review of my blogposts in german language :)

Collapse

yuridevat profile image

I can offer austrian german 😜

Collapse

sbstn profile image
sbstn98

Hey nice :) I will finish my writings in the next days and can show it to you :) Many thanks in advance !