CodeNewbie Community 🌱

CodeNewbie Staff
CodeNewbie Staff

Posted on

Welcome Thread - V14

Welcome, one and all to the CodeNewbie Community!

virtual handshaking cartoon — hands coming out of separate tablets and shaking each other's hands

1. Leave a comment below to introduce yourself! You can talk about what brought you here, what you're learning, or just a fun fact about yourself.

2. Make some new friends by responding to another newbie's comment 👋 Feel free to follow one another, too!

P.S. If you have a technical question, you've come to the right place! Use the #help tag in a new post to ask the community for assistance with writing your first line of code, picking a tool to use for a particular project, or anything else. No question is too basic.

Top comments (69)

Collapse

yashkapure06 profile image
Yash Kapure • Edited

Hello All,
Yash This side 👋.
I am ReactJs Developer, along with NextJs, NodeJs, Expres, MongoDB.
Currently Learning React Native and side-by-side DSA.

Check out my latest post at codenewbiw.

Connect me at github

Collapse

anna_06 profile image
Tariere

Thank goodness! Someone who mentioned React.
Hello kind Sir, I'm Annalise and I'm in a bit of a sitch with ReactJs. I need help🥺
I'll be sure to keep contact with you.

Collapse

yashkapure06 profile image
Yash Kapure

Okay :)

Collapse

emfeld17 profile image
Emily Feld • Edited

Hey, everybody!

Happy to be here. I'm teaching myself HTML and CSS thru FreeCodeCamp's Responsive Web Design course. My goal is to eventually learn JavaScript and React and work as a front-end web developer! Studying and teaching music has been my main pursuit up until now, so coding is way out of left-field for me, but I'm really enjoying it! I'm also interested in UX/UI design. Glad to have found this community!

Collapse

michaeltharrington profile image
Michael Tharrington

Heyo! Great to have ya here. Really cool to hear you're a musician and moving into tech. What kind of music and/or instrument do ya play?

Collapse

emfeld17 profile image
Emily Feld

I'm a classically trained pianist, but I love all kinds of styles--been digging into jazz a lot lately. I've also taught myself guitar, mandolin, a bit of violin, accordion, dulcimer, and enjoy jamming with friends with those instruments. I keep telling myself that if I can learn all those instruments on my own as a kid, I can teach myself to code now as an adult.

Thread Thread

Michael Tharrington

Wow, sounds like you're covering it all! 🙌 I soooo wish I had learned piano as a kid.

I keep telling myself that if I can learn all those instruments on my own as a kid, I can teach myself to code now as an adult.

Haha, true that! Self-learning for the win.

I also really love playing music. 😀

I'm primarily a guitarist/singer and so enjoy jamming with friends. I even have a super small-time band... we've only played one show (right before COVID, haha) but it was very fun and I hope to start back doing it soon! Over COVID, we kinda put things on pause.

However, I got super into synthesizers + drum machines and making music that stays in sync with it all using a Boss RC-500 loop pedal. It's been soooo much fun and has me testing out lots of different genres.

Anyway, hope you have a great time in this community and wish you the best as you begin your coding journey!

Collapse

dpkreativ profile image
Divine Orji

Hi everyone! I'm Divine. I'm a frontend developer and technical writer looking to grow my skills and contribute to awesome projects.
I love playing basketball and chilling out with friends on weekends.

I'm happy to be here!

Collapse

Michael Tharrington

Heyo! Awesome to have ya here. I also like to play a bit basketball, I've been going with some buds recently and my jump shot is awful, haha, but it's coming back to me. Good times! 🏀

Collapse

angelinewang profile image
Angeline Wang

Hey everyone! I'm a brand new developer who has just begun a software engineering immersive. I'm also a startup founder who's worked with junior developers to launch a React Native app. I'm currently working with a no-code app through Bravo Studio & Xano, and planning to dive back into our existing code base after the immersive course. I'm super excited to be here and I cannot wait to get coding with you all!

Collapse

Michael Tharrington • Edited

Welcome everybody!

Hope y'all dig being a part of this awesome community. 🙌

Quick tip: If you find a post that you like, you can save it to your reading list (community.codenewbie.org/readinglist) by clicking the bookmark icon located next to the heart and unicorn reactions.

Collapse

kaymocodes profile image
kaymo

Hello! Stoked to be joining a community of fellow newbies! I've been teaching myself to code for 99 days now! I currently work on an eCommerce site but more on the planning side. Learning to code is like looking under the hood and I've found it to be a super cool experience :) looking forward to learning from each other

Collapse

mikaylad profile image
Mikayla L

Hello Everyone!! I am a complete beginner with coding but love this community.

I am teaching myself python through Udemy courses and thenonceim finished will completeFreeCodeCamps data analyst course.

Outside the screen I love hiking, backpacking, and reading!

Here is my LinkedIn profile if you want to connect!
linkedin.com/in/mikayla-d-lewis369

Collapse

taurist profile image
Tauri StClaire

Hi everyone! Excited to be here! I am a student with the Break Into Tech Program thru Skillcrush! I found this community bc Codeland was shared on our Slack channel, but becoming part of CodeNewbie is a bonus in and of itself! Learning Responsive Design now, then pivoting into JS + React to front-end develop my way into tech! I am also interested in UX/Design, and want to learn Python so that I can make triggerable effects for my Dungeons and Dragons minis!

Collapse

aramidelawal080 profile image
aramide-lawal080

Hello everyone,
Happy to be here, I am teaching myself HTML and CSS thru YouTube tutorials Responsive Web Design course. My goal is to eventually learn JavaScript and React and work as a front-end web developer!

Collapse

lilredfox92 profile image
Kacie Dearman

Hey @aramidelawal080, glad you're here! If you should ever need any resources or help working through anything let me know! I'm no pro, but I'm coding with the MERN stack myself. I just recently finished an accelerated program for Full-stack using MERN, and I could use some reiterative lessons with those languages.

Collapse

achie72 profile image
Tóth Béla

Hi everyone!

I'm Achie, a hobby game developer/pixel artist fooling around with retro looking and feeling games! I'm here to find another developers and share my journey along the way of the game development process!

You can check out what I do either on GitHub or on my personal Ko-fi blog where most of my gamedev articles/reviews and game jam updates/post-mortems will come from!

Example stuff

Collapse

ashjungers profile image
Ashley Jungers • Edited

Hey all! I am a previous educator who found an interest in software engineering/front end development earlier this year. I took the SheCodes workshops and looking to learn even more. Currently starting the Odin Project.

Outside of coding, I’m an adventure junkie. I love traveling (just got back from a 17 day trip which I was able to explore 13 states!), fly-fishing, and biking.

Excited to connect with others in the field and share thoughts and ideas with one another. 😊🤙🏻

Collapse

dannybrinssy profile image
MC Danny

Hi everyone!
I am Danny, I just started my journey, I hope to learn here up to the extent of being a confident developer.
I also want to make new zealous friends here,
Whom we can learn and grow together in this community and field.

Collapse

aigarspl profile image
Aigars Pluģis

Hey everyone!

I'm Aigars, soon to graduate ICT student in Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies (yes, I'm getting bachelor degree diploma on next Monday, 20th June).
I found this community via DEV.to invite for CodeLand 2022 (what I can't wait to participate, as it's really my first remote international conference). I host some personal projects as I develop them (time to time, wheneven I have mood and I have time to code).
It's nice to meet y'all here and I hope that I will have good time here! ;)

Collapse

dwainegallimore profile image
Dwaine Gallimore

Hi All, exciting to be a CodeNewbie. Found this through CodeLand 2022, which i received in a DEV newsletter. Feels good to be in a community where we are all in the same boat. Though i've dabbled with coding and studied it at college, i never really pursue it. But now i am building up the courage to take the leap. 😊

Collapse

Michael Tharrington

Woot! Welcome Dwaine. Nice to hear that ya came over from our sister site — DEV. CodeNewbie is a great community. Hope ya enjoy CodeLand! 🙌

Collapse

abmdev profile image
Auroiah Morgan

Hello everyone! I am fairly new to the community and excited to be here! I am a web developer for work, and like to develop apps and games with .NET and Unity! I game on Lost Ark currently and dabble a bit with graphic design. Hope to make some new connections!

Some comments may only be visible to logged-in visitors. Sign in to view all comments.