CodeNewbie Community šŸŒ±

Dorian Sabitov
Dorian Sabitov

Posted on • Originally published at sfapps.info on

100 Salesforce Developer Interview Questions and Answers

Hiring the right Salesforce Developer is not just about filling a position; itā€™s about injecting your team with the right skills, mindset, and innovative prowess. This critical process hinges on the dual axes of meticulous preparation and adept execution of the interview. Navigating this path successfully requires a nuanced understanding of both the role and the individualā€™s potential contribution.

Understanding the Role of a Salesforce Developer

Salesforce Developers are not mere coders; they are architects of customer experience. They wield tools like Apex and Visualforce, not just to construct solutions, but to sculpt customer journeys. Understanding this multifaceted nature is crucial. They are expected to be adept in various programming languages, comprehend business processes, and translate complex requirements into functional software.

Salesforceā€™s ecosystem is a dynamic and ever-changing environment. A proficient developer must not only navigate but also anticipate these changes. They must exhibit adaptability and a continuous learning mindset to stay abreast of the latest updates in the Salesforce platform.

Designing an interview process for a Salesforce Developer, same as for a SF Administrator, and preparing Salesforce admin interview questions, extends beyond technical vetting. It involves constructing a comprehensive blueprint that assesses technical acumen, problem-solving skills, and cultural fit. This blueprint should include a judicious mix of technical challenges, hypothetical scenarios, and discussions around past projects.

Interview Questions and Answers for a Junior Salesforce Developer

In the recruitment process, you should utilize a comprehensive set of interview questions for Salesforce developers to thoroughly assess their technical abilities, problem-solving skills, and understanding of Salesforceā€™s vast ecosystem.

1. Can you explain what Salesforce is and why it is used?

Answer: Salesforce is a cloud-based CRM platform. It helps businesses manage customer information, streamline processes, and improve customer relationships. Itā€™s used for its versatility, scalability, and extensive feature set.

1. What are some common Salesforce products you are familiar with?

Answer: I am familiar with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Each serves different aspects of CRM, from sales and customer service to marketing and e-commerce.

1. Can you describe what Apex is and its uses?

Answer: Apex is a proprietary programming language by Salesforce. Itā€™s used for writing server-side logic and custom business processes in the Salesforce environment.

1. How would you handle data migration in Salesforce?

Answer: Data migration in Salesforce involves planning, mapping data fields to Salesforce fields, using data loader tools, and testing. Itā€™s crucial to ensure data integrity and security during this process.

1. Explain what SOQL and SOSL are.

Answer: SOQL (Salesforce Object Query Language) is used for querying specific objects in the Salesforce database. SOSL (Salesforce Object Search Language) is used for searching text, email, and phone fields across multiple objects.

1. Describe a scenario where you used Visualforce.

Answer: I used Visualforce to create a custom user interface for a specific client need. It involved customizing a page layout and integrating it with Apex controllers for specific functionalities.

1. What are some of the limitations of Apex?

Answer: Apex has governor limits to ensure shared resources are used efficiently, like limits on memory usage, number of records processed, and API callouts in a single transaction.

1. Can you explain what a trigger is in Salesforce?

Answer: A trigger in Salesforce is a piece of Apex code that executes before or after data manipulation operations like insert, update, or delete. Itā€™s used to perform custom actions automatically.

1. How do you ensure code quality in Salesforce?

Answer: Ensuring code quality involves writing clean, efficient Apex code, following best practices, conducting peer reviews, and performing unit testing to cover various scenarios.

1. What is a Sandbox, and how is it used?

Answer: A Sandbox in Salesforce is a copy of the production environment. Itā€™s used for development, testing, and training without affecting the live environment.

1. Explain what a workflow rule is.

Answer: A workflow rule automates certain processes based on specific criteria. For example, it can automatically send an email alert, create tasks, or update fields when a record meets certain conditions.

1. How do you handle debugging in Salesforce?

Answer: Debugging in Salesforce involves using the Developer Console and debug logs to trace and resolve issues. System.debug statements in Apex help in tracking variable values and process flows.

1. What are custom objects and fields in Salesforce?

Answer: Custom objects are tables in Salesforce that store specific business data. Custom fields are added to these objects to store data unique to an organizationā€™s needs.

1. Describe a challenging project you worked on in Salesforce.

Answer: I worked on a project that involved integrating Salesforce with an external inventory management system. It required API integration, custom Apex code, and meticulous testing to ensure seamless data synchronization.

1. How do you stay updated with new Salesforce features?

Answer: I follow Salesforce blogs, attend webinars, and participate in community events. Additionally, I regularly explore the Salesforce release notes.

1. What is batch Apex, and why is it used?

Answer: Batch Apex is used to process large numbers of records asynchronously. Itā€™s useful when operations canā€™t be processed in a single transaction due to governor limits.

1. Can you explain the MVC architecture in Salesforce?

Answer: MVC in Salesforce stands for Model-View-Controller. It separates the applicationā€™s data model (Model), UI (View), and business logic (Controller) to facilitate easier management and scalability.

1. Describe how you have used Lightning Components.

Answer: I used Lightning Components to build reusable and dynamic user interfaces in Salesforce. This involved creating both Aura and Web Components, depending on the project requirement.

1. What strategies do you use for effective time management in project delivery?

Answer: I prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance, break down large tasks into manageable chunks, and use tools like calendars and to-do lists for better organization.

1. How do you approach learning new Salesforce features or products?

Answer: I approach it through hands-on experimentation in a Sandbox, online courses, Salesforce Trailhead, and by joining Salesforce developer groups to learn from peers.

Insight:

Interviewing junior Salesforce developers requires a balanced approach in Salesforce integration interview questions. Itā€™s essential to assess not only their technical knowledge but also their eagerness to learn and adaptability to evolving technologies. Focusing on their problem-solving skills and understanding of Salesforce fundamentals can give valuable insights into their potential for growth in dynamic tech environments.

Interview Questions and Answers for a Mid-Level Salesforce Developer

Salesforce developer interview questions for 3 years experience will focus on their proficiency in Apex coding, understanding of Salesforce architecture, and their ability to implement advanced Salesforce features and integrations. Itā€™s crucial to include questions on omnichannel retail KPIs, demonstrating how a developer can optimize Salesforce to improve these key performance indicators.

1. How do you approach writing test classes in Salesforce?

Answer: I ensure test classes cover various scenarios and assert results to confirm code functionality. I aim for high test coverage but prioritize meaningful tests over simply meeting coverage percentages.

1. Can you explain the concept of Governor Limits and how you manage them?

Answer: Governor Limits are Salesforceā€™s way of ensuring resource allocation fairness. I manage them by optimizing code, using bulkified operations, and efficient SOQL queries.

1. Describe an instance where you optimized a Salesforce implementation.

Answer: I optimized a Salesforce implementation by refactoring legacy code, improving SOQL query efficiency, and implementing batch processes to handle large data sets more effectively.

1. How do you ensure data security in Salesforce applications?

Answer: Data security is ensured through proper profile and permission set configurations, field-level security, and using sharing rules and roles to control record access.

1. Explain the use of change sets in Salesforce.

Answer: Change sets are used for deploying components from one Salesforce org to another. They are particularly useful for transferring customizations in a controlled and traceable manner.

1. Discuss a complex Apex trigger you have written.

Answer: I wrote a complex trigger that handled multiple related objects, ensuring data integrity across them. It involved careful bulkification and error handling to comply with governor limits and robust functionality.

1. How have you used Visualforce in your projects?

Answer: Iā€™ve used Visualforce for creating bespoke user interfaces, integrating with Apex controllers for advanced functionalities, and ensuring they are responsive and efficient.

1. Describe your experience with Salesforce integrations.

Answer: Iā€™ve integrated Salesforce with external systems using REST and SOAP APIs. This involved understanding external systems, mapping data, and handling authentication and error scenarios.

1. What are your strategies for managing large data volumes in Salesforce?

Answer: Managing large data volumes involves using proper indexing, archiving old records, optimizing page layouts, and using efficient query filters.

1. How do you keep abreast of new Salesforce features and updates?

Answer: I regularly check Salesforce release notes, participate in developer forums, and engage in continuous learning through Trailhead and other online resources.

1. Explain the use and benefits of Lightning Web Components.

Answer: Lightning Web Components (LWC) are a modern framework for building fast, efficient, and reusable UI components. They leverage web standards and improve performance and user experience.

1. Describe a situation where you had to troubleshoot a complex issue in Salesforce.

Answer: I troubleshooted a complex issue involving asynchronous Apex and batch job conflicts. It required in-depth analysis of the execution logs and understanding the interdependencies within the system.

1. What is your approach to deploying Salesforce applications across different environments?

Answer: I use a combination of change sets and version control systems like Git. I follow best practices for deployment, including thorough testing in a staging environment before production deployment.

1. How do you handle user adoption challenges in a new Salesforce implementation?

Answer: I address user adoption by providing comprehensive training, creating user-friendly documentation, and implementing feedback mechanisms to continuously improve the system.

1. What experience do you have with Salesforce mobile app customization?

Answer: I have customized Salesforce mobile apps using the Salesforce Mobile SDK, optimizing layouts for mobile and ensuring consistent user experience across devices.

1. How would you handle a request for a feature thatā€™s not natively supported by Salesforce?

Answer: I would first explore AppExchange for suitable add-ons. If unavailable, Iā€™d assess the feasibility of custom development using Apex or LWC, always considering maintenance and scalability.

1. Can you discuss your experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment in Salesforce?

Answer: I have experience setting up CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins and Salesforce DX, which streamline the development process and reduce errors in deployments.

1. How do you approach documentation in your Salesforce projects?

Answer: Good documentation is crucial. I document both the technical aspects and user guides, ensuring they are clear, concise, and updated regularly.

1. Describe your experience with Salesforce reporting and analytics.

Answer: I have created complex reports and dashboards, utilizing features like report formulas, joined reports, and dynamic dashboards to provide actionable insights.

1. How do you balance customization with maintainability in Salesforce?

Answer: Balancing customization with maintainability involves adhering to Salesforce best practices, avoiding over-customization, and ensuring any custom code is well-documented and scalable.

Insight:

It is important to have a detailed knowledge of the technical skills and ability to manage complicated situations while interviewing mid-level Salesforce engineers. Investigating their background in Salesforce ecosystem problem-solving, customisation, and system integrations is crucial. In addition to demonstrating technical proficiency, their answers frequently demonstrate creativity and flexibility in meeting the ever-changing requirements of Salesforce development.

Interview Questions and Answers for a Senior Salesforce Developer

Salesforce developer interview questions for 5 years experience will delve into their mastery of complex system integrations, expertise in large-scale Salesforce deployments, and their strategic approach to optimizing Salesforce solutions in a dynamic business environment.

1. How do you lead a Salesforce project from conception to deployment?

Answer: I initiate by gathering detailed requirements, planning the architecture, and then guide the development and testing phases. Finally, I oversee the deployment, ensuring a smooth transition and post-deployment support.

1. Explain how you manage complex integrations in Salesforce.

Answer: For complex integrations, I analyze the external systems, design robust integration patterns using REST/SOAP APIs or middleware, and ensure data consistency and error handling are meticulously addressed.

1. Describe your approach to optimizing Salesforce performance in large-scale implementations.

Answer: In large-scale implementations, I focus on efficient data modeling, optimize Apex and SOQL for performance, and leverage Salesforce features like batch processes and queueable Apex to manage load.

1. How do you ensure high-quality code in your Salesforce team?

Answer: I enforce coding standards, conduct regular code reviews, and advocate for comprehensive unit testing. Additionally, I encourage knowledge sharing sessions to maintain high code quality across the team.

1. Discuss a challenging Salesforce migration project you managed.

Answer: I managed a migration project where we shifted a complex Salesforce instance to Lightning. This involved re-engineering several components, extensive testing, and training users on the new interface.

1. How do you mentor junior developers in Salesforce?

Answer: I mentor juniors by providing clear guidance on best practices, encouraging them to solve problems independently, and offering constructive feedback. I also recommend resources like Trailhead for self-paced learning.

1. Describe how you handle conflicting requirements from different stakeholders in a Salesforce project.

Answer: I address conflicting requirements by facilitating discussions between stakeholders to understand their needs and priorities, and then propose solutions that align with the projectā€™s overall goals.

1. Whatā€™s your strategy for keeping up with the frequent updates and changes in the Salesforce ecosystem?

Answer: My strategy involves regularly reviewing Salesforce release notes, participating in developer forums and webinars, and dedicating time for hands-on experimentation with new features.

1. How do you assess and mitigate risks in Salesforce development projects?

Answer: I assess risks by analyzing project requirements and potential challenges. Mitigation involves strategic planning, contingency measures, and ensuring robust testing is in place.

1. Explain how you manage user adoption for new Salesforce features or systems.

Answer: I manage user adoption by conducting training sessions, creating user-friendly documentation, and implementing a feedback mechanism to address concerns and improve the system continuously.

1. Describe your experience with advanced Apex programming.

Answer: My experience with advanced Apex includes developing complex triggers, batch Apex, and asynchronous Apex for handling bulk data operations and complex business logic.

1. How do you approach designing a scalable and maintainable Salesforce architecture?

Answer: Designing scalable architecture involves careful planning of data structures, anticipating future growth, and adhering to Salesforce best practices to ensure easy maintenance and upgrades.

1. Discuss how you have used Einstein Analytics in your projects.

Answer: In my projects, I have utilized Einstein Analytics for advanced data analysis, creating predictive models, and delivering customized dashboards to provide deeper insights into business performance.

1. What is your approach to troubleshooting and resolving critical issues in Salesforce?

Answer: My approach involves thorough analysis of the issue, replicating the problem in a test environment, implementing a fix, and conducting rigorous testing before deploying the solution to production.

1. Explain your experience in automating business processes in Salesforce.

Answer: I have automated business processes using Workflow Rules, Process Builder, and Flow, optimizing operations, reducing manual work, and enhancing overall efficiency.

1. How do you balance the use of declarative vs. programmatic capabilities in Salesforce?

Answer: I balance these by using declarative tools for simpler requirements and reserve programmatic solutions for complex scenarios, ensuring the system remains flexible and maintainable.

1. Describe a time you had to make a critical decision in a Salesforce project.

Answer: I made a critical decision in a project where we had to choose between custom development and an off-the-shelf AppExchange product. It involved analyzing cost, scalability, and long-term maintenance.

1. How do you approach data migration and cleansing in Salesforce?

Answer: Data migration and cleansing involve planning the data mapping, using tools like Data Loader for migration, and implementing scripts or tools for cleansing and deduplication.

1. Discuss your experience with Salesforce mobile application development.

Answer: I have developed Salesforce mobile applications using Salesforce Mobile SDK, focusing on user experience, performance, and offline capabilities.

1. How do you ensure ongoing success and evolution of a Salesforce implementation post-deployment?

Answer: Post-deployment, I ensure success by monitoring system performance, gathering user feedback, and regularly updating the system with enhancements and new Salesforce features.

Insight:

To conduct effective interviews with senior Salesforce developers, one must have an in-depth familiarity with their strategic goals and technical expertise. Their technical abilities are important, but you should also look at their leadership potential and how well they can propel innovation inside the Salesforce ecosystem. They have the ability to greatly influence and advance a companyā€™s Salesforce capabilities with their knowledge of complicated problem-solving and system optimization.

During the selection process for a senior Salesforce developer, our interview will encompass a series of senior Salesforce developer interview questions, aimed at gauging the candidateā€™s strategic thinking, technical expertise, and leadership capabilities in managing extensive Salesforce projects.

Scenario-Based Interview Questions and Answers for a Salesforce Developer

To ensure you select the most qualified individual, the interview must include a series of meticulously crafted Salesforce senior developer interview questions, designed to evaluate advanced technical knowledge, problem-solving abilities, and project management skills.

1. Scenario: A Salesforce implementation is running into frequent governor limit issues. How would you address this?

Answer: I would perform a thorough analysis to identify the specific limits being hit, optimize the code by reducing SOQL queries, using bulkified patterns, and implementing more efficient data handling practices.

1. Scenario: Youā€™re tasked with integrating Salesforce with an external ERP system. Describe your approach.

Answer: My approach involves understanding the ERP systemā€™s capabilities, defining the data flow and synchronization frequency, and using appropriate integration methods like REST API or middleware solutions for a seamless integration.

1. Scenario: The sales team needs a custom Salesforce mobile app. How do you proceed?

Answer: Iā€™d start by gathering detailed requirements from the sales team, then design a user-friendly interface focusing on their key needs, and use Salesforce Mobile SDK to develop and deploy the app.

1. Scenario: Users report that a specific Salesforce process is too slow. What steps do you take?

Answer: Iā€™d first replicate the issue in a test environment, analyze the process for inefficiencies, possibly optimize workflow rules or process builder flows, and ensure that any Apex code is bulkified and efficient.

1. Scenario: You need to migrate a large amount of data into Salesforce. How do you ensure data integrity?

Answer: I would use a reliable ETL tool, thoroughly map data fields, perform data cleansing before migration, and conduct extensive testing post-migration to ensure data integrity.

1. Scenario: A project requires significant customization in Salesforce. How do you balance custom vs. out-of-the-box features?

Answer: I balance this by evaluating the long-term impact of customizations, preferring out-of-the-box features when feasible, and ensuring custom development is maintainable and scalable.

1. Scenario: Youā€™re leading a team transitioning from Salesforce Classic to Lightning. Whatā€™s your strategy?

Answer: My strategy involves training the team on Lightning, conducting an audit of our existing setup, prioritizing components for migration, and implementing changes in phases to ensure a smooth transition.

1. Scenario: A client wants real-time analytics from Salesforce data. How do you fulfill this requirement?

Answer: I would leverage Einstein Analytics or a similar BI tool to create dynamic dashboards and reports, ensuring they provide real-time insights based on the clientā€™s specific data points.

1. Scenario: Your organization wants to implement a new Salesforce module. Describe your approach to training users.

Answer: Iā€™d develop a comprehensive training plan including hands-on sessions, custom documentation, and support channels. Iā€™d also provide continuous learning opportunities post-implementation.

1. Scenario: You discover a security flaw in your Salesforce setup. What actions do you take?

Answer: Immediately, Iā€™d assess the scope of the flaw, implement a fix or workaround, and conduct a security audit to prevent similar issues. Iā€™d also review and update security best practices with the team.

1. Scenario: A business process requires automation in Salesforce. How do you decide between Flow, Process Builder, and Apex?

Answer: I choose based on the complexity and needs of the process ā€“ Flow for complex logic, Process Builder for straightforward automation, and Apex for scenarios needing advanced coding.

1. ** Scenario: Youā€™re asked to improve the Salesforce UX for a better customer experience. Whatā€™s your plan?**

Answer: My plan involves analyzing user feedback, simplifying navigation, customizing page layouts for efficiency, and using Lightning components to enhance the overall user experience.

1. ** Scenario: The marketing team needs a complex campaign management solution in Salesforce. How do you tackle this?**

Answer: I would analyze their requirements, leverage Salesforceā€™s campaign management features, and potentially integrate with a marketing automation tool for enhanced capabilities.

1. Scenario: You need to ensure high data quality in Salesforce. What steps do you take?

Answer: Iā€™d implement validation rules, duplicate rules, and regular data audits. Additionally, Iā€™d train users on data entry best practices and use automation to assist in maintaining data quality.

1. Scenario: Thereā€™s a need to scale up Salesforce for growing business demands. How do you ensure scalability?

Answer: To ensure scalability, I focus on efficient data modeling, leverage Salesforceā€™s scalable features like custom metadata types, and continuously monitor and optimize system performance.

1. Scenario: A critical update is required in the Salesforce system during peak business hours. How do you handle it?

Answer: Iā€™d plan the update meticulously to minimize disruption, communicate clearly with stakeholders about the timing, and ensure a rollback plan is in place in case of unforeseen issues.

1. Scenario: You are asked to reduce the Salesforce licensing costs for your company. What approach do you take?

Answer: Iā€™d conduct a thorough audit of current license usage, identify underutilized licenses or features, and strategize on optimizing license allocation without impacting business operations.

1. Scenario: Youā€™re tasked with enhancing the Salesforce mobile experience for remote sales teams. What are your key focus areas?

Answer: My focus areas would be on optimizing the mobile UI for ease of use, ensuring offline capabilities, and integrating essential features that cater to the unique needs of remote sales teams.

1. Scenario: The organization requires a custom report generation tool within Salesforce. Whatā€™s your strategy?

Answer: Iā€™d evaluate the specific reporting needs, develop custom reports or dashboards using SOQL and Apex if needed, and ensure they are user-friendly and provide actionable insights.

1. Scenario: Thereā€™s a requirement to integrate social media data into Salesforce. How do you achieve this?

Answer: I would use Salesforceā€™s Social Studio or a third-party integration tool to connect social media channels, ensuring seamless data flow and alignment with the organizationā€™s social media strategy.

Insight:

Scenario-based questions are pivotal in assessing a senior Salesforce developerā€™s practical problem-solving skills and their ability to handle real-world challenges. These questions delve into the candidateā€™s technical prowess, strategic thinking, and adaptability to dynamic situations, providing a comprehensive view of how they would perform in complex scenarios. This approach allows us to gauge not just their technical expertise but also their innovative capacity and decision-making abilities in the context of our organizationā€™s specific needs.

Technical/Coding Interview Questions and Answers for Salesforce Developers

Our Salesforce coding interview questions will focus on assessing the candidateā€™s proficiency in Apex and Visualforce, their understanding of Salesforceā€™s data modeling, and their ability to write efficient, scalable code suited to complex business requirements.

1. What is a SOQL query and how does it differ from SQL?

Answer: SOQL, Salesforce Object Query Language, is specifically designed for Salesforce data. Unlike SQL, it cannot be used to perform operations like INSERT or DELETE, and focuses on querying the data within Salesforceā€™s framework.

1. Explain the concept of Governor Limits in Salesforce.

Answer: Governor Limits are Salesforceā€™s way of enforcing limits on the usage of resources like memory, SOQL queries, DML statements, etc., to ensure that no single process or code monopolizes shared resources.

1. How do you perform upsert operations in Apex?

Answer: In Apex, upsert operations are performed using the upsert statement. It creates new records and updates existing ones based on the specified key field.

1. Describe the use of triggers in Salesforce.

Answer: Triggers in Salesforce are used to perform custom actions before or after changes to Salesforce records, such as updates, inserts, or deletions. Theyā€™re written in Apex and can be used to automate complex business logic.

1. What is a custom controller in Salesforce?

Answer: A custom controller is an Apex class that implements all the logic for a page without leveraging the standard controller provided by Salesforce, giving developers complete control over the behavior of a Visualforce page.

1. Explain the role of test classes in Salesforce.

Answer: Test classes in Salesforce are used to ensure that Apex classes and triggers work as expected. They are necessary for deploying code to production and are crucial for maintaining code quality and integrity.

1. How do you handle exceptions in Apex?

Answer: Exceptions in Apex are handled using try, catch, and finally blocks. You can write code to gracefully handle exceptions and ensure that the user gets meaningful error messages.

1. What are batch Apex classes and where are they used?

Answer: Batch Apex classes are used for processing large data sets that exceed normal processing limits. They allow you to define a job that can be divided into manageable chunks, processed separately, and executed in a serial manner.

1. Describe a scenario where you would use a Visualforce page.

Answer: Visualforce pages are used when a custom user interface is needed that canā€™t be achieved with Salesforceā€™s standard UI. For example, creating a complex form that includes custom logic or styling.

1. Explain the use of the @future annotation in Apex.

Answer: The @future annotation in Apex is used for executing methods asynchronously. Itā€™s useful for running processes in a separate thread, especially when you are dealing with callouts to external services.

1. How do you secure Apex code against SOQL injection?

Answer: To protect against SOQL injection, itā€™s important to avoid dynamic SOQL queries when possible. If dynamic queries are necessary, use binding variables instead of string concatenation to create the query.

1. What are the different types of collections in Apex?

Answer: In Apex, there are three types of collections: Lists (ordered, indexable collections), Sets (unordered collections of unique elements), and Maps (collections of key-value pairs).

1. How do you implement error handling in batch Apex?

Answer: Error handling in batch Apex can be implemented using try-catch blocks within the execute method, and by overriding the finish method to handle post-processing and notification of the batch job status.

1. What is the purpose of the Schema Builder in Salesforce?

Answer: Schema Builder provides a dynamic environment to add new objects, fields, and relationships to your schema. It is a powerful tool for designing and modifying your data model visually.

1. Describe the process of creating a custom web service in Salesforce.

Answer: Custom web services in Salesforce are created using Apex. You define a global class with the webservice keyword, write methods to expose as web service operations, and then deploy the service for external access.

1. How can you call an external REST service from Apex?

Answer: To call an external REST service from Apex, you use the HttpRequest and HttpResponse classes. You set up the request URL, headers, method (GET, POST, etc.), and then send the request using the Http class.

1. What is the purpose of the sharing keyword in Apex?

Answer: The with sharing keyword is used in Apex classes to enforce the sharing rules that apply to the current user. This ensures that users can only access records that theyā€™re permitted to access based on the organizationā€™s sharing policies.

1. Explain how you can debug Apex code.

Answer: Apex code can be debugged using the Developer Console or debugging tools available in the Salesforce IDE. Debug logs can be generated to track the execution of code, monitor variables, and observe system processes.

1. What is a wrapper class in Apex?

Answer: A wrapper class in Apex is a custom class defined by the developer that wraps around standard or custom objects. Itā€™s often used to combine data from different objects or add additional attributes for use in Visualforce pages.

1. How do you ensure that an Apex class is deployable to production?

Answer: To ensure an Apex class is deployable to production, it must have at least 75% code coverage from unit tests, and all those tests must pass without errors. Additionally, the code should adhere to Salesforce best practices for maintainability and efficiency.

Insight:

Asking applicants Salesforce technical interview questions is a great way to find out if they have a good grasp of Salesforceā€™s theory and can put it into practice. The answers to these questions will reveal how well the candidate knows Salesforceā€™s ecosystem, how proficient they are with Apex and Visualforce, and how efficiently they can develop code. Inquiries like this help us find programmers who can tackle tough technical problems, have a big impact on our development initiatives, and make sure our Salesforce solutions are innovative and of high quality.

Conclusion

You can use these Salesforce developer interview questions as a solid basis to interview developers with different degrees of experience. These salesforce developer interview questions and answers are just a small sample of the many that could be asked during an interview; yet, they cover all the bases, from comprehension to problem-solving complexity and technical competence. You should modify these questions to fit your organizationā€™s unique requirements and circumstances; they are only guidelines. By asking these questions in a thoughtful and efficient manner, you may find the best applicants and assess their abilities and potential fit with your teamā€™s dynamic.

The post 100 Salesforce Developer Interview Questions and Answers first appeared on Salesforce Apps.

Top comments (0)