CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: [#CNC2022 Cohort 1 "Learn in Public"] Tell us about your "Learn in Public" plan!

Collapse

fizzboop profile image
Byonca H. • Edited

1. What concept/project/series have you decided to take on for the duration of the "Learn in Public" challenge?

The topic choice for my Learn in Public challenge is the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.

2. Why did you pick this focus?

I am passionate about accessibility and want to deepen my knowledge. I also want to be knowledgeable of best practices and advise others.

3. Why do you think sharing your journey in public will help others?

This will help people understand the WCAG 2.1 document and make informed decisions when creating applications.

4. Share the the title you landed on for the series you're going to create as well as the "entries" you anticipate creating/tackling.

The title will be Learning Web Accessibility. I will share my posts on my dev.to blog and my twitter handle.

Collapse

garystroupdeveloper profile image
Gary Stroup

Im taking the Google UX course and user accessibility is highly emphasized. Looking forward to learning more about this topic!

Collapse

clc80 profile image
Claudia Maciel-Contreras

Accessibility is important and from what I have seen it's usually an after thought. Hopefully your work brings it to the forefront and others will want to be more inclusive.

Collapse

nirbhayparmar profile image
Nirbhay Parmar

nice topic to explore because accessibility is very necessary in today's world and it should be followed on all web apps.

Collapse

rkrupnick profile image
Rachel Krupnick

Oooh, I'll be following this one. We've made a lot of advances recently in this field, but lots to learn and teach.

Collapse

khloeabrown profile image
Khloe Brown

YES ACCESSIBILITY 👏
I would love to read about your focus series and will follow your journey.
I've read about it in the past but I could use a new, fresh insight on it.