CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: #CNC2021 "Code More" Pre-Mission Submission Thread

Collapse

jlpanetta1681 profile image
Joseph Panetta

hello all. hope everyone is well today. I am Joe. I have been attempting to learn to code for about two years now seriously. Off and on for a few years before that.
so, what has worked? This is a tough question since I feel like nothing really has worked and that's why I am here. However in an extremely vague sense simply coding every day, be it 30 minutes or 4 hours just making myself do it consistently has helped.

What hasn't worked? my attempt to understand what I am trying to build. I often find myself getting lost researching how to make something happen or function properly. Before I know it I'm so frustrated I want to walk away.

My long-term goal is to eventually work at either NASA or Space X and contribute to the preservation of our species through software.
My short term goal is to
gain som useful experience so I ca land a job at all.

Collapse

anitabe404 profile image
Anita Beauchamp

Hey Joe. I share many of the same feelings that you expressed. I've been learning to code off and on for many years and I too am hoping that this challenge gets me into a more consistent practice. Good luck to us both. 🤞🏾

Collapse

nehamaity profile image
Neha Maity

Hi Joe! I feel the same way. I have a CS degree and yet I feel that I haven't been able to successfully code on my own outside of school projects and my software engineering job. I really hope this challenge can help us get through our obstacles.