CodeNewbie Community šŸŒ±

Discussion on: Iā€™m Kristen Palana, Teacher, Author, and Artist. Ask Me Anything!

kristenpalana profile image
Kristen Palana

Sometimes you just plain forget or make a dumb mistake. I was in Guatemala in 2006 and going to go meet my sponsored child there. I went across the street to a shopping mall in the city before going to her village and bought an orange juice from a stall. I didn't realize until after I drank it that it had been made with local water. My poor sponsored child met me in very bad condition. So embarrassing! Thankfully we also met again a few days later after I had recovered.

Thread Thread

mccurcio profile image
Matt C

Lol, Was it the Bag-O-Juice with the straw?
Was it the stand, where a lady ladles it out from the plastic container that has the tin plate on top for sterility? I think I drank from the same stand, lol.

I have been to Guate several times, probably around the same time, lol. I Love Antigua and Lake Atitlan. I have been going down to Central America, on and off, for circa 20 yrs.

Thread Thread

kristenpalana profile image
Kristen Palana

It was one of those weird giant boxes of tumbling orange liquid you see a lot in malls. Exciting, yet sketchy in retrospect. What was I thinking?
I only went to Guatemala that one time en route also to Honduras, but i do hope to visit again one of these days. Antigua was amazing as well!