CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: [#CNC2022 "Start Coding" Cohort 1] What are your coding goals?

Collapse

lexis9784 profile image
Alexis B
  1. Why are you learning to code?
    I want to start learning to code because it is a hobby I enjoy. I have dabbled some, but want to really commit to learning more.

2. What’s your goal?
    My goal is to be able to create my own website and app for my future business.
    a. 6 months: Feel comfortable with front end design to build out sample websites
    b. 12 months: research and build a free standing web shop with login and payment abilities

3. What does successful learning look like to you?
    To me, successful learning is feeling fully comfortable in the language of choice and being able to work through any bugs/issues that come up without be overly frustrated or giving up. I would like to have a portfolio of a variety of projects showing growth and change over time.

4. How will you measure that success?
    I feel like moving forward with a variety of projects and keeping a portfolio will help to demonstrate to myself my growth in coding.

5. Do you have a timeline, or any deadlines, associated with your learning goals?
    There are no firm timelines since I am doing this just for fun, but it would be amazing to have my website built and running by the end of the year.

Collapse

clintonstrange profile image
Clint Strange

Hi Alexis, I like your goals and also your attitude going into this. I think you are on the right track with your approach. Good luck, you got this!