CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: [#CNC2022 Cohort 1] "Start Coding" Welcome Thread

Collapse

mijost45 profile image
mijost45

Hi everyone. I'm mijost and I've decided to take part in this challenge because I had to start somewhere, right?

To be honest, I'm a total beginner. Two days ago I started learning the basics of JavaScript so I'm still quite illiterate, but it feels good, accomplishing stuff out of my comfort zone, which is what I'm most excited about. I come from the humanities and I've been having a tough time getting jobs that are actually interesting, so I figured I might as well tap into another field that I had never considered for myself.

I'm nervous about failing, of course, because I'm trying to prove to myself that I am able to learn a skill when I'm no longer a teenager but I'm also not so much into keeping myself accountable on social media, because if I lost interest in coding and stopped half-way through this challenge, it wouldn't be the first time I quit something, and it wouldn't be the first time the world would know. I'm doing this for myself and I don't regard my presence in social media to be as important as to share my personal journeys on it. Sure, I'll rant and scream on Twitter if I ever feel frustrated but that's it.

The most interesting thing about coding, and I recently discovered this just learning the basics on JS, is to create stuff. I knew websites were more complex than what the user sees on their screen but to actually envision the depth of programming, and not just websites but everything is awe inspiring.

Collapse

mmadz profile image
M&M 👩🏾‍💻

I feel you on the failing part, but no worries! I am hoping that your determination and motivation takes over and you and the rest of us complete and move forward with our journeys. 💜

Collapse

mijost45 profile image
mijost45

Thanks! I hope the same for you too. :)