CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: [#CNC2022 "Start Coding" Cohort 1] What are your coding goals?

Collapse

mmadz profile image
M&M 👩🏾‍💻
  1. What are your coding goals? I would like to confidently know HTML,CSS and hopefully the basics of Javascript. I want to create a few projects with the languages to make sure I am understanding the language being taught. Change my career path.

2. What does successful learning look like to you?Success to me is having fun with the learning process and get over hurdles i would once have trouble with before.

3. How do you plan to measure your success?I measure my success by my consistency. If i'm able to squeeze in some time in everyday to code, my skills can only continue to grow.

4. Do you have any particular timeline/deadline for learning to code? I want to have started a project by middle of the year, get a portfolio started with what I know eventually use it to gain a new career.

Collapse

dayryanm profile image
Ryan Day

I'm measuring success the same way. Balancing all my work/life comittments can be tough so I'm comitted to keeping a consistent coding habit built into that routine!

Collapse

tina_vieira1820 profile image
Tina Vieira

I agree with you both...
My calendar is ALWAYS packed, so I am probably nuts for taking on one more thing :-)

Thread Thread

dayryanm profile image
Ryan Day

That is exactly how I feel lol. Trying to schedule the proper amount of time is TOUGH

Collapse

iamdavidjames profile image
Abaraoha David

Commitment to consistency is what I hope to build this time. Too many failed attempts but I'll succeed this time. 🤞

Thread Thread

dayryanm profile image
Ryan Day

You got this! Consistency is key!

Thread Thread

iamdavidjames profile image
Abaraoha David

Thank you.