CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for New to Coding & Loving the Journey!
Onella Powell πŸ‡―πŸ‡²
Onella Powell πŸ‡―πŸ‡²

Posted on

New to Coding & Loving the Journey!

After completing a SheCode introduction to coding learning HTML,CSS and JavaScript and enjoyed it, I decided it was time for a change especially since Covid-19 hit and I realize the direction the world is heading. I applied to 2 bootcamps (Code The Dream and {G}Code and got accepted, I was super excited when I received my acceptance email because this was what I was looking for. I'm loving both my bootcamps and the support each one gives, it's a bit challenging but I love a good challenge and knowing I have a community and different resources to help me makes it so much better. I'm in week 4 of my bootcamp with {G}Code and I'm building a personal webpage about myself and each week I amaze myself with the progress of my page, I've learned a lot about HTML and feel very confident with that language and the different properties, Im also loving CSS seeing my page pop with color and style is great I'm still learning more about CSS and excited to keep going. It's week 2 for my Code The Dream bootcamp and let me just say JavaScript is not for the faint at heart lol, week 1 was a struggle for me with if-else statements but Im so determine to grasp the concept I will prevail. This week is about functions and as complicated as some of the questions are I keep pushing and remind myself I will not stress no matter how brain-wrecking it is because starting anything new comes with challenges and I'm here for it. My goal is to become a Full-Stack web developer.

Oldest comments (4)

Collapse

ebhargro profile image
ebhargro

Great job - so impressed by you! Excited to follow your journey.

Collapse

thewebking profile image
Kingsley Odibendi

Nice oneπŸ‘πŸΎ
Are the bootcamps free tho?

Collapse

nellybabiidev profile image
Onella Powell πŸ‡―πŸ‡²

Yes they are, I'm attending Code The Dream as well as {G}code.

Collapse

brendacw profile image
Brenda W.

"JavaScript is not for the faint at heart" So true! ...and yes, you will prevail!