CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for January 22nd, 2021: What did you learn this week?
Nick Taylor
Nick Taylor

Posted on • Updated on

January 22nd, 2021: What did you learn this week?

I do these check-ins every week on DEV, but I thought it made sense to do them here as well. So let's start the first one on CodeNewbie.

It's that time of the week folks. So wonderful code newbies, what did you learn this week? It could be programming tips, career advice etc.

![Image of the brain](https://media.giphy.com/media/ojmB7lOn3VUU8/giphy.gif)

Feel free to comment with what you learnt and/or reference your TIL post to give it some more exposure.πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ»πŸ‘‡πŸΌπŸ‘‡πŸ½πŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΏ

#todayilearned

Top comments (9)

Collapse

rwalroth profile image
rwalroth

Finished Data Structures on edX, now looking for a good OpenGL tutorial series. Found this one: youtube.com/watch?v=W3gAzLwfIP0&li..., which seems pretty good so far. If anyone knows where to learn more about GPU programming not related to deep learning I'd love to hear about it

Collapse

brendamichellle profile image
Brenda Michelle

Congrats on completing Data Structures I really need to do a course on DS&A. Did you like the one on Edx?

Collapse

rwalroth profile image
rwalroth

To be honest I thought it wasn't as general as I would have liked, but they did explain the concepts really well and the code exercises are great. It's part of a larger series so as a stand alone it wasn't the best. I did take the algorithms course that preceded it, which I thought was excellent

Collapse

nickytonline profile image
Nick Taylor

Awesome!

Hackerman from Kung Fury putting on a Nintendo Power glove

Collapse

ben profile image
Ben Halpern

This post on DEV was really eye-opening in how I could take on a WASM project. I didn't totally close the loop on the learning part but I plan to follow this guide and build my first WASM project πŸ˜‡

Collapse

Nick Taylor

Captain America saluting

Collapse

hmboyles profile image
holly boyles

This was week one for my Spring classes so mostly just instructors explaining how things will work out. I learned that I have a challenging semester ahead but it feels like it will be the one where all the parts start working together if that makes sense.

Collapse

Nick Taylor

Kylo Ren on Undercover Boss giving a thumbs up

Collapse

nezlobnaya profile image
Vlad Burlutskiy

I have learned that I know nothing