CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: Finishing my Landing Page project

Collapse

sheriffderek profile image
sheriffderek

It's a shame that you are finding CSS to be a pain. It sounds like you have possitive feelings for both TOP and FCC.

Your project is going pretty good, but when I look at the code - I'm surprised that semantic elements like header, and section aren't being used. It seems strange that those platforms wouldn't be teaching the proper HTML. I looked into TOP's foundation course and checked out some student work. It led me down quite the rabbit hole, and I ended up spending the rest of the day making a video about it. Here it is! In case you want to check it out. pe/stories/odin-landing-page-proje...

Collapse

aaron profile image
Aaron McCollum

Hey! Thanks for the comment. CSS is getting better as I’ve gotten more used to flexbox. World changer for sure haha.

The lack of semantic HTML is my fault 100%. FCC definitely has a section on it, and I need to do better at using it for accessibility. Part of the reason I am putting my FCC projects on GitHub is to go back and improve them later, and part of that will be accessibility semantic HTML.

Collapse

sheriffderek profile image
sheriffderek

Part of the reason I am putting my FCC projects on GitHub is to go back and improve them later

Yes, of course! : )

But there's no reason to type <div id="header"> when you can use the <header> element the first time. It's easier - for you! And it's correct. Some things will certainly be refactored later - but I'm just suggesting that you get the muscle memory for the basics - now while you're learning, and you can use that refactoring time for things that are much more complex. ;)

Keep up the good work!

Thread Thread

aaron profile image
Aaron McCollum

Thanks will do!

Collapse

aaron profile image
Aaron McCollum

Also thank you so much for taking a look at my code. I’m always open to feedback and how I can better improve!