I attended an absolutely amazing session by RTC - "Motivating Career options" and would love to share my favourite parts of the session and the deep impression it left on me.
- Your crystal ball is cloudy - It's unrealistic to plan out your next 30 years when you are in college. Focus on getting started.
- The world is changing and so many new opportunities will open up. Self driving cars, data science etc.. were unimaginable 30 years ago.
- Stay informed, educated, open-minded, nimble and adaptable.
Be a risk taker and explore unusual paths and learn forever!
We were divided into groups based on our personality types. I got paired up with an amazing person from Florida. Both of us were ISTJ type and we had a lot in common especially how we liked to organise stuff. We had fun talking about our differences though ;) - how different our countries were and the career paths available in both the countries. I had a lot of fun listening to her views on life - how she plans her day, keeps journals, uses calendars, the importance of a clean desk and workspace and a desk near the window.
We pondered on topics I've never actually thought of:
Top 3 things I like to do:
- Learning new things, Building/trying out new tools/tech
- Reading books/blogs - well anything
- Being organised
What do you do when you feel in groove:
- I absolutely love what I do and try to perfect that activity to my best ability.
- I don't get sidetracked and am fully focused. I even forget about eating food.😂
- I'm in a good mood and happy and proud of what I did.
Ideal work environment:
- It would be really great if I could work in a mixture of a remote and office environment.
- I would love working in a supportive group on challenging projects where I can learn lots of new things.
- Secure workplace where I can be financially independent.
3 essential items you look for in a job:
- Career Advancement
- A sense of Accomplishment
Top 3 objectives of first job:
- Security + Financial independence
- Tech environment where I can learn lots and lots
- Not too much pressure
I felt really happy after the session! The world is full of possibilities.
Latest comments (1)
Yikes! That stuff all sounds super scary.
People can totally find jobs at their local lawyer's office or a music sales website - or doing brochure websites or at smaller design shops, right?
PS: I'm happy someone likes semicolons! It seems like everyone is trying to leave them out!