CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: [#CNC2022 Cohort 1] Code More Welcome Thread

Collapse

susi189 profile image
Susanna

Hi there, I'm Susanna, currently living in the US. I have been teaching myself coding for some time now (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React), but struggled to keep up the routine and maintain the structure. But decided that this year will be different and I hope that with "Code More" I can achieve that.

What worked for me coding-wise in the past was having a clear goal like building a specific app, and committing to building it during a defined timeline (like couple of weeks), setting aside time for it, and having a support network.

What did not work was to have a too big and too complex project to work on for a rather short period of time, this was quite discouraging.

During those 5 weeks I hope to wrap up at least one of my ongoing React projects and setting smaller weekly goals.

Happy coding everyone!

Collapse

bredmond1019 profile image
Brandon Redmond

Hey Susanna!

I'm in a pretty similar boat. It's tough learning on your own and staying motivated. Hopefully through these 5 weeks we can get to know each other and help each other out moving forward -- hold each other accountable.

looking forward to getting to know you.

Collapse

kc profile image
K C

Hi Susanna,

I've seen several posts on here where good/bad issues with learning to code that I can relate to and one thing you mentioned just had me nodding as I read your post.

What did not work was to have a too big and too complex project to work on for a rather short period of time, this was quite discouraging.

Anyway all the best with the challenge and happy coding to you as well!
KC