- Now I am fully aware of herculean task that is building an operating system but thankfully I am relatively young and naïve enough to try.
- I have found some pretty awesome resources, such as books, computer science lectures and even old computer science labs. I found a series of lectures on YouTube by a CalTech professor, the lectures are on intro to operating systems. Lectures can be found HERE
- However, this is not our starting point. A prerequisite to building a operating system is to understand how computers actually work and believe it or not that very complicated. Our starting point is actually a series of lectures posted HERE. Now if we combine those lectures with the textbook,
Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective by Randal E. Bryant and David R. O'Hallaron, we should have a solid foundation and a linear path to our ultimate goal.
- judging by the sheer density of these books, lectures and the fact that I am only able to commit two hours a day to reading these books. I am still trying to find a developer job. I would say that this will take well over a year to complete.
- Because it seems hard, fun, scary, I might fail, I might succeed but ultimately because I fricken want to!
- Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this blog post of mine. If you have any questions or concerns please comment below or reach out to me on Twitter.