CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: [#CNC2022 Cohort 1] "Start Coding" Welcome Thread

Collapse

tina_vieira1820 profile image
Tina Vieira

Hello everyone!! My name is Tina and I am currently teaching AP Computer Science Principles. I have been a teacher for 17 years, but this is my first year teaching computer science. I decided to undertake this challenge as a way of sharpening my own skills. I did some coding in college, but that was a million years ago and systems change. I want to be the best possible teacher for my kids, and I also want to be able to expand the program. In order to do that, I need more knowledge myself.

I'm most excited about the connections that can/will be made by participating in this cohort. While it will be great to learn, I know that building a community of coding friends/contacts is what will give me longevity in learning.

I don't really think I'm nervous about anything. I guess the only thing that might be weighing on my mind is will this be what I need to find my focus when it comes to learning code. I think with all the possible languages, and nuances for each language, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I just hope that I can sort it all out to make better sense of it.

I find coding in general to be very interesting. I like the puzzle aspect of it and the critical thinking that goes along with debugging.