CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: [Keynote] Coding's a Drag

Collapse

towers1209 profile image
Loreto E. Torres

Anna,
Thank you very much for your presentation. It was entertaining and and informative. Most of all, very inspiring.

I know that your stated target audience are the young LGBTQ+ budding Computer Scientists and Software Developers. However, this β€œold dog” is quite inspired and appreciative of your presentation.

This β€œold dog” has lived so far back into the closet and had not lived a full life as a person or as a Software Developer. it’s only been recently that I am taking a peek through the closet door cracks.

I have left the industry for sometime now and is currently working in retail. I am looking into going back in the software development industry and had been taking online courses β€” Udacity and Udemy.

My presence in CodeLand is also part of that effort. I had to request personal days off just to be fully present in all the presentations today and tomorrow.

I just wish that I had the mentorship and supportive environment you had.

Here’s to wishing me the best β€œluck” in my effort to get back on the saddle.

Thanks again, Anna/George.

Collapse

theannalytical profile image
Coding Drag Queen Anna Lytical πŸŒˆπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ’»πŸ‘ΈπŸ»

Good luck George!!! Thank you for sharing your story and for getting back into things!! You'll do amazing πŸ’œ

Collapse

towers1209 profile image
Loreto E. Torres • Edited

Ohh, ohh. Anna Lytical. I was addressing you as Anna/George in the thank you line.

My name is Loreto. No worries. I can truly see how my message can be confusing. Funny. 😊