CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: #CNC2021 "Code More" Mission 1 Submission Thread

Collapse

abhi_5201 profile image
Abhijit Biswal

I want to code more because:

I need to achieve the goals I made as a freshman in college. I started well but got indulged into too many things( learning web dev, practicing competitive programming, took Udacity scholarship course on Cloud Services), stuck into tutorial hells, couldn’t manage college work along with it, started procrastinating and now my current situation is I have not completely gained expertise in any of these nor did them consistently, just have partial knowledge in all. I am in my pre-final year now and want to land in a good company as a SDE. For that I need to sharpen my problem solving skills and as well as have a bunch of projects to showcase in my portfolio.

I know I’ll have reached my β€œcode more” goal when:

I have a lot of questions solved in my Leetcode profile, have some open source contributions on my Github profile and made a couple of real world projects to gain experience.

My top three assumptions for reaching my goal are:

1. I still have time and can complete all of these tasks before my final year arrives.
  2. I will be consistent and follow a strict routine daily.
  3. I will keep only a handful of things to focus on and won’t indulge in new things at this peak of time.

Of these assumptions, my riskiest is to keep consistency

I keep 2-3 major things(out of DSA practice, college studies, competitive programming, web dev) in my to-do list for the day but seldom get all of them ticked off πŸ˜₯. Problem is sometimes I get exhausted, sometimes worrying about having no time in the future to complete and getting FOMO all the time!

When I think about my riskiest assumption, three possible root causes are:

1. Lack of confidence and motivation
  2. Procrastinating when things get difficult
  3. Can’t stick to good habits for long

3 ways I might address these root causes are:

1. Wake up at 5:30am daily and go for a jog in the park to keep myself fresh
  2. Avoid wasting any time given that I need to reach my goals asap
  3. Read good books which address this issue and practice those methods

Of these, the biggest cause that’s worth tackling first is

starting good habits that stick for long.