CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: Welcome Thread - V4

Collapse

bobbyiliev profile image
Bobby Iliev 🌳🌲

Hi all!

My name is Bobby Iliev and I've been working mainly as a Linux DevOps engineer for the past ~8 years! I am happy to answer any Linux-related questions that you have!

I am also a big fan of Laravel and I've been helping with the DevDojo website!

I recently wrote 2 opensource eBooks that you can download for free from GitHub:

• Getting started with Git:

GitHub logo bobbyiliev / introduction-to-git-and-github-ebook

Free Introduction to Git and GitHub eBook

💡 Introduction to Git and GitHub

This is an open-source introduction to Git and GitHub guide that will help you learn the basics of version control and start using Git for your SysOps, DevOps, and Dev projects. No matter if you are a DevOps/SysOps engineer, developer, or just a Linux enthusiast, you can use Git to track your code changes and collaborate with other members of your team or open source maintainers.

The guide is suitable for anyone working as a developer, system administrator, or a DevOps engineer and wants to learn the basics of Git, GitHub and version control in general.

🚀 Download

To download a copy of the ebook use one of the following links:

📘 Chapters

• About the book
    • Introduction to Git
    • Version Control
    • Installing Git
    • Basic Shell Commands
    • Git Configuration
    • Introduction to GitHub
    • Initializing a Git project
    • Git Status
    • Git Add
    • Git
  • Getting started with Bash scripting:

GitHub logo bobbyiliev / introduction-to-bash-scripting

Free Introduction to Bash Scripting eBook

💡 Introduction to Bash Scripting

This is an open-source introduction to Bash scripting guide/ebook that will help you learn the basics of Bash scripting and start writing awesome Bash scripts that will help you automate your daily SysOps, DevOps, and Dev tasks. No matter if you are a DevOps/SysOps engineer, developer, or just a Linux enthusiast, you can use Bash scripts to combine different Linux commands and automate boring and repetitive daily tasks, so that you can focus on more productive and fun things.

The guide is suitable for anyone working as a developer, system administrator, or a DevOps engineer and wants to learn the basics of Bash scripting.

🚀 Download

To download a copy of the ebook use one of the following links:

📘 Chapters

The first 13 chapters would be purely focused on getting some solid Bash scripting foundations then the rest of the…

Collapse

zeljkov profile image
Željko Vrbovčan

My second post here, and I must say - I'm really glad to see what I see here.

Thanks!!! :-)