CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Discussion on: [#CNC2022 "Code More" Cohort 1] Why do you want to code more?

Collapse

bredmond1019 profile image
Brandon Redmond

Hey KC,

Again, same page! How far along are you on your JS journey? Have you looked into any frontend frameworks like React/Angular? I've been using React and it makes front end development much more efficient and intuitive -- I definitely recommend looking into it. It's all JS based.

Collapse

kc profile image
K C

Hi again,
I did a bootcamp where I was exposed to all aspects of full stack development.
So a part of the syllabus was learning React which I thought was simply great to be honest. I loved how it approached web development e.g. modules/components, particularly with regards to developing larger applications/sites.
The issue I had/have is that I struggled to absorb a lot of the learning along the way, in particular JS. Working with data and fetching data via APIs comes to mind right now where the wheels started to come off for me.

Thread Thread

johngidoe profile image
Piotr Grzybowski

Hi KC,
I suggest learning Vanilla Js first before React/Angular or Vue. I'm saying from my point of view and after a few failures on interviews. You should get all the weird parts of JS otherwise you will struggle with frameworks. I keep my fingers crossed for maintaining your motivation but recently I realized that in my case consistency is the key and motivation is just an addition.

Thread Thread

bredmond1019 profile image
Brandon Redmond

I definitely agree with this. You should learn the ins and outs of JS before moving onto a framework.

There's a Udemy Course I took with the Instructor Colte Steele, The Web Developer Bootcamp. He does a really great job of explaining JS. You don't have to do the whole course, but the JS section was great, and he's funny. Udemy courses are pretty cheap and I think a great value.

Other than that, just trying to do some coding challenges will really help.

udemy.com/course/the-web-developer...

Thread Thread

kc profile image
K C

Thanks both for the advice.

Yeah I'm refocused on JS and I'm working through Wes Bos's JS course at the moment. Also attempting Frontend Mentor Challenges.