CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for Level Up as a Developer by Volunteering
cmdme
cmdme

Posted on

Level Up as a Developer by Volunteering

From Zoom and chats on Slack to networking at conferences and meetups at coffee shops, I have found nothing short of a supportive community. I started my programming journey a few years ago and after receiving so much help from other developers, it feels great to be able to give back.

Every Wednesday I chip in at Ref Code, a place that aims to help refugees and immigrants find community in the tech sphere and learn to code, whether as a hobby or as a career. It's made up of many volunteers. Volunteering is a very rewarding experience, and I would recommend that everyone, regardless of developer status, tries it at some point.

In my experience, it has helped me:

Image description

• Feel more confident

• Everyone experiences imposture syndrome at some point. But if you put yourself out there and lend a hand to others, you'll find that you know a lot more than you thought.
  • Learn from others

• When I show up to Ref Code, I don't just go there to assist others but to also learn from them. As developers, we are constantly learning new things, because tech is ever-evolving. And maybe the person you're helping will find a solution to a problem you may not have thought of.
  • Find community

• Volunteering shouldn't feel like a chore––find yourself a place with people who share common interests and can learn together. Make friends and connections and support one another. If you're looking for a job, you'll want references.
  • Looks great on a resume

• Speaking of references, having volunteer experience on your resume is always a plus. It shows your dedication and you'll go above what's expected from you, your willingness to try and learn new things, your compassion and that you want to help others.

So what are you waiting for? Get out there and try new things! We're developers, after all.

Top comments (27)

Collapse

goharshah0002 profile image
Chris Redfield

Join Latest YouTube subscribe telegram group links Where you can connect with the best active communities and also Join the Latest Active WhatsApp group links to get the latest entertainment & fun content

Collapse

siriusblack021 profile image
chrisredfield003

Tierbestatter Albstadt offers a distinctive approach to the delicate process of animal cremation. With meticulous attention to detail and an unwavering commitment to professionalism, every aspect of the cremation process is handled with the utmost care. Understanding the profound emotional bond individuals share with their cherished pets, the compassionate team at Tierbestattungen Balingen endeavors to create a tranquil and respectful environment throughout this difficult journey. Here, amidst a backdrop of empathy and understanding, pets are honored with dignity and reverence, ensuring a peaceful transition for both them and their grieving companions.

Collapse

mrsimon007 profile image
Mr Simon

Welcome to your ultimate Sonic Happy Hour Guide! Join us as we unveil everything you need to know about Sonic's Happy Hour extravaganza. From the menu to the timing, the hottest deals, and expert tips, we've got you covered. Get ready to elevate your Happy Hour experience at Sonic! πŸ•’πŸ”πŸ₯€

Collapse

cartierosiris profile image
Cartier

Volunteering exposes you to a wide range of projects and technologies that you may not encounter in your day-to-day work. This diverse experience foxynamer.com/ can help you become a more versatile developer with a broader skill set.

Collapse

mrsimon007 profile image
Mr Simon

Instagram Story Viewer & Downloader tools can provide convenience for users who want to view and save Instagram Stories. However, it's essential to use such tools responsibly, respecting the privacy and rights of content creators, and being aware of potential privacy and security risks associated with third-party services.

Collapse

Chris Redfield • Edited

Volunteering as a developer can be a fulfilling way to enhance your skills,gain real-world experience, and contribute to causes you care about.
Regards:
schoenhalde

Collapse

Chris Redfield • Edited

Share your thoughts by joining these Latest Active telegram group links.

Collapse

shepherdkenzo profile image
Shepherd Kenzo • Edited

Volunteering as a mentor or teacher allows you to refine your own skills while helping others learn. Local coding boot camps, community colleges, or organizations that offer programming courses may be seeking volunteers to assist in teaching coding fundamentals tiktok no watermark or advanced topics. Mentoring aspiring developers also provides an opportunity to reinforce your knowledge and gain new perspectives through teaching.

Collapse

Chris Redfield

Volunteering as a developer is an excellent way to level up your skills, gain real-world experience, and make a positive impact on the community or causes you care about. It hurts when someone precious in our lives, leaves us. Great blog. Thank you for sharing. I wanted some ideas to add to my webpageTierkrematorium Balingen. Thank you for sharing. You can check my webpage here: Tierbestattung Balingen

Collapse

mrsimon007 profile image
Mr Simon

Join Latest YouTube subscribe telegram group where members will share interesting content.

Collapse

juliangabriel profile image
Julian Gabriel

Do you know how to fold a foldable tent? If not, don’t worry – you’re not alone. In fact, a lot of people don’t know how to fold a tent properly, which can lead to all sorts of problems when camping or hiking. That’s why we’ve put together this handy guide on how to fold up a tent like a pro. Keep reading for tips and tricks on how to make your next camping trip easier than ever!

Collapse

aqsha604 profile image
aqsha604

Welcome to Hotel Ardeche, where adventure meets relaxation in the heart of breathtaking landscapes. Experience the cool vibe of our charming retreat, where every moment is filled with warmth and hospitality.

Collapse

myinvitelink profile image
Shakti Mehra

The collaboration among developers in our Messenger Groups is phenomenal. It's amazing how we can troubleshoot, share ideas, and support each other's projects virtually."

Collapse

hasanur121 profile image
Hasanur Kazi

You can find the best points words for the Word puzzle game. It is possible with the Anagram Solver tool. It also provides more tools for example Words With Friends Cheat and Scrabble Word Finder UK where you can find more words easily.

Collapse

rachellara profile image
Rachel Lara

This article speaks to my own experiences on a profound level. The importance of nurturing a supportive tech community cannot be overstated, and volunteering emerges as an exceptional means to accomplish precisely that.

My personal journey in volunteering has unveiled its dual impact. It not only bestows profound benefits upon the community one serves but also significantly enriches one's personal and professional development. The article's emphasis on fostering confidence and surmounting impostor syndrome through helping others is undeniably accurate. It's truly remarkable how much one can expand their own knowledge while guiding others along their own paths.

Moreover, the significance of unearthing a community of kindred spirits in the ever-evolving tech arena transcends mere networking; it's about forging genuine connections with individuals who share one's passions and interests. These connections often blossom into enduring friendships, open doors to mentorship opportunities, and, as the article rightly highlights, can even lead to potential job referrals.

When it comes to enhancing one's resume, volunteering serves as a testament to one's dedication to making a positive impact beyond the realm of professional duties. It underscores qualities such as empathy, adaptability, and an insatiable thirst for learningβ€”attributes highly prized in any workplace.
MvoucherCodes

Collapse

shera362 profile image
shera362

Volunteering can provide a healthy boost to your self-confidence, self-esteem, and life satisfaction. You are doing good for others and the community, which provides a natural sense of accomplishment. the alimony calculator in Florida for 2023 can be a valuable tool for individuals facing divorce and seeking to understand potential spousal support obligations.

Collapse

shera362 profile image
shera362

Adnoor Dried Fruits brings the goodness of nature's bounty to your doorstep with its delightful and wholesome range of dried fruits. With a dedication to quality and a passion for preserving the natural goodness of fruits, Adnoor offers a delectable assortment of dried fruits that are not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients.

Collapse

hasan1211 profile image
Hasan1211

Game development and making Android APK is not easy. LiteAPK offers all users.

Collapse

hasan1211 profile image
Hasan1211

Find the GBA ROM for play using the emulator.

Collapse

hasan1211 profile image
Hasan1211

Collect the daily spin rewards for the Coin Master game.

Collapse

viviandsena profile image
viviandsena

Get awesomeFunny Names

Some comments may only be visible to logged-in visitors. Sign in to view all comments.