CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for Submit Your Talk to CodeLand 2021!
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeNewbie Team

Posted on

Submit Your Talk to CodeLand 2021!

Last week, @saron shared the exciting news that CodeLand is returning on September 23-24, 2021! 🎉 This year's conference for early-career programmers and their champions will be free, entirely virtual, and tons of fun.

Today, we're thrilled to announce that the CodeLand Call For Proposals (CFP) is officially open!

The CodeLand CFP will remain open until July 20, 2021 (11:59pm UTC).

We can't wait to read your talk submissions, build an incredible program, and create an unforgettable experience together.

Let's talk a bit about the CodeLand 2021 CFP and how you can submit a talk...

"What does CFP mean?"

CFP stands for "Call For Proposals". It's a fancy event/academic term used to indicate an open submission period for event talks.

"Who should submit a talk to the CodeLand 2021 CFP?"

CodeLand's primary audience is early-career programmers and their mentors. If you feel you have something valuable to present to this group and you'd like to speak (virtually), we encourage you to submit a talk proposal!

"How can I tell if my talk is the right fit?"

As described above, we're looking for software and career-related talks from people all over the world — and from all different communities! This year, we also have some particular themes that we feel would be especially valuable for the CodeNewbie Community to learn about at CodeLand. If you are curious about submitting a talk, you can learn all about our suggested themes on our CFP site. That said, we believe that the best events for CodeNewbies are diverse in all senses, including subject matter. If you have an idea for a tech-related talk that does not fit into one of our themes, we'd still love to see your proposal.

"Who will be reviewing my talk?"

When it comes to CodeLand, creating a welcoming and inclusive environment is a non-negotiable. That's why we have carefully designed the CodeLand 2021 Program Committee (i.e. the folks reviewing talks) to be balanced in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, and level of coding experience. Our Program Committee includes members of the CodeNewbie Community, the Forem team, and beyond.

Additionally, the first round of proposal reviews is anonymous, meaning that your name and biographical information will be hidden from reviewers. This is to eliminate bias as we select talks to appear on the CodeLand agenda.

"How do I submit a CodeLand talk for consideration?"

For instructions, full details, and to submit a talk through July 20th, visit >> cfp.codelandconf.com.

If you have any questions about the CodeLand CFP, feel free to drop them below or email us privately at hello@forem.com. 🌈

Top comments (0)