MongoDB or you might hear people call it Mongo, is one of the most popular NoSQL database solutions to date.
It is open-source, free to use for personal and commercial use, and extremely flexible.
You can read more about it here.
Here is a summary of some of its features:
- Stores data as JSON documents in schema-less collections.
- Has a lot of feature parity with traditional SQL databases.
- Boasts amazing horizontal scaling using replica sets.
Here is some additional information and tutorials about MongoDB from me:
- Get all documents out of a collection
- Limit the result of a MongoDB query to one document
- How to use filters to retrieve specific documents from MongoDB
- How to retrieve a very specific number of documents from a MongoDB query
- How to insert a single document into a MongoDB collection
- How to bulk insert documents into a MongoDB collection
I will be adding a lot of posts and tutorials around MongoDB in the future. As I post them, I will add them here.