CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Jess Lee
Jess Lee

Posted on

Any recommendations for SwiftUI and iOS development bootcamps?

Saw this question come through on the CodeNewbie Slack group so thought I'd ask here. This person is looking for a 2-3 month bootcamp that would be suitable for East Coast hours.

Top comments (7)

Collapse

braydoncoyer profile image
Braydon Coyer

hackingwithswift.com/ has some fantastic free content for SwiftUI. Along with dozens of videos on YouTube, Paul has a 100DaysOfSwiftUI challenge that is very insightful!

Collapse

cmgorton profile image
Christina

Unfortunately a lot of the good iOS bootcamps I knew about and would recommend are no longer around but I do have a recommendation for a wonderful Swift UI and iOS resource.

Design+Code has excellent courses on iOS and Swift UI taught by Meng To

Collapse

stephcoachswift profile image
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡ͺ Steph Coach πŸ’¬πŸ‡±πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡·πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡―πŸ‡΅

I also believe there are a ton of free resources for your friend. Excellent ones. For example, RayWenderlich, or HackingWithSwift by Paul Hudson, he has there 100 Days of Swift (That uses UIKit), or 100 Days of SwiftUI. Also...There's the free 14 day challenge by Chris (From CodeWithChris). That is absolutely doable. Now I also offer a 1:1 Coaching Program, but it only involves SwiftUI (So if she/he wants to learn with UIKIt is not the best choice), and it's only a month long, because it's a beta program still. But definitely check the free resources. There's also Build That App! (Or something alike) channel from YouTube.

Collapse

jess profile image
Jess Lee

@fdoxyz got any suggestions?!

Collapse

fdocr profile image
Fernando • Edited

None that I can personally vouch for, but when I started learning to code for iOS I bought a book from the Big Nerd Ranch and loved it. They've had a bootcamp program for a long time and I think they're based in Central/East Coast timezone.

The Ray Wenderlich site is still one of my go-to places for resources too. I've paid for the membership at times when learning or trying to keep up with new things. Totally recommend them for all experience levels! πŸ˜„

Collapse

yelitza87 profile image
Yelitza87

But it is important to pay attention to new trends and receive advice on the use of tools. For example, a rather interesting technique is the blurring of photographs, now it is not associated with a lack of photographic experience. It is quite fashionable and attractive. All in all I get useful tips from a professional blog blog.depositphotos.com which helps me to increase my professionalism.

Collapse

yelitza87 profile image
Yelitza87

The main thing is that you have decided to develop and I believe that it is necessary to spend time on self-development every day, only in this way it is possible to achieve success. This is how I constantly improve my skills in preparing presentations. I use a professional resource masterbundles.com/templates/presen... templates are very helpful in designing a stylish and high-quality presentation, it helps not only to develop my skills, but also to spend less time to get productive results.