Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- Cart Abandonment is available with a Pro Subscription or higher.
- Cart Abandonment uses our Exit-Intent technology. It tracks the user’s mouse position and triggers a campaign as the mouse approaches the top of the browser window – indicating they intend to navigate away from your site.
Configure Cart Abandonment
When you are ready to set up a Cart Abandonment campaign, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Display Rules view in the campaign builder.
- Next, add a rule for Exit-Intent.
- Next, add the URL Path Contains condition for your checkout page.Contains Checkout
- When you are finished, click Save.
When adding a path to the page targeting field, I’m getting a message that says ‘Unnecessary URL components have been removed’
Depending on your setup, the Page Targeting rule cannot be used to target any part of a URL that comes after a ‘?’ or a “#’ in the URL path, such as ‘website.com/page?key=value’, or ‘website.com/page#heading’ since these are URL parameters and anchor tags, respectively. Instead you will need to use the specific rules for targeting URL parameters and the rules for targeting anchor tags.