Don't know where to start with your Portfolio Website? Here is a portfolio website challenge for you :). Enjoy.
The purpose of this challenge is to work on/improve your front end skills and also have your own portfolio website.
- About Me - Include your name, a photo, and a short blurb about your skills, what you’ve done and where you hope to go in your career.
- Projects - Samples of your work.
- Contact Me - Include a contact form or your social media channels(LinkedIn and GitHub profiles).
- Responsive web design - It should automatically adjust for different screen sizes and view-ports.
- Cool animated loader(Nice to have).
- Hosted on GitHub.
- Create an account on GitHub if you don't have one already - https://github.com/
- Get the Student Pack(For students) - https://education.github.com/pack/offers The student pack gives you access to dot tech, Namecheap, and Name.com. Register your domain name with one of them. dot tech https://get.tech/github-student-developer-pack Namecheap https://www.namecheap.com/support/ Name.com https://www.name.com/partner/github-students
- Use GitHub pages to host your website.
For those who don't have student email addresses to get the Student Pack, you can use GitHub Pages to host your website without a custom domain name.
*Getting started with GitHub - https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/
*Getting started with GitHub pages - https://pages.github.com/ | https://guides.github.com/features/pages/
*Setting up your website with GitHub pages and dot tech - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKv8YLaxeb8&t=160s
*Best practices for creating a portfolio website - https://www.springboard.com/blog/programmer-portfolio/
Happy coding :).