Hello ! I'm Xavier Jouvenot and this is my third blog post on Hashnode, and also the third for the Writeathon "4 Articles in 4 Weeks"! And this time, I chose the subject "I want to build [....] because [....]", so we are going to get personal talk about my personal goals, to get in the same mood as the student going back to school in my country 🧑🎓
Like a lot of people, at the beginning of the year, I set some goals for myself, and probably like a lot of people, I've had some relative success towards those goals. 😅
I've actually set 3 goals to myself:
- To build a better physique and improve my health
- I can say that I have reach the first goal, since I am now at the weight I want, but I need to work on being more consistent at going to the gym.🏅
- To build more content on my personal blog, by writing 3 articles per week
- For this goal, I have far less good results... I have actually maintained the rhythm of 3 article per week for 3 months until I start feeling a little burned out, which triggered a long period of me not writing anything and not improving in this area until the start of the Writeathon "4 Articles in 4 Weeks", which I used as an excuse to go back to writing, and to force myself to write 4 articles (struggling a little bit for this article actually, fighting the urge to procrastinate, but I will submit it on time ✍️ 🕑)
- To get into freelancing
- I am slowly reaching this goal, as it took the first 5 months of the year in order to have all the legal authorizations from the company I work for, to be able to remain an employee and accumulate Freelancer status. Now that this first step has been achieved, I am building my online presence and my portfolio, in order to show people what I can offer to them. 🛠️
As you may have guessed with my goal from earlier this year, my main goal now, is to build a better blog and portfolio.
To achieve this ambitious goal, I will need to improve myself, my communication and my writing skills which are far from being my strong attributes for now. But I have a plan ! 🤔
The first part of my plan to build this great blog and portfolio is to be able to create some content on my blog consistently. I will achieve this by completing some Hashnode challenges (like the Writeathon "4 Articles in 4 Weeks" 😉) and write some series of articles with some themes, so that I won't have to wait for the inspiration about an idea for an blog post, but focus more on the quality of the article themselves. I actually have already two series ideas that I will start to work on, once I will have submitted all the articles for the Writeathon 🙂
The second part of my plan is to start analyzing how well the articles I write are going, and connect with some other writers in the tech industry to see what they are doing to write such nice articles. I will also try to integrate some tools in my writing process in order to improve the quality of the articles I will write, and the ones already available on my personal website! Actually, if you know some tools which could help me, feel free to let a comment 😉 The same goes if you want to connect, or just to show some support ☺️
While working on my blog and portfolio, I will also work on 2 other goals:
- I am going to continue maintaining more Chocolatey packages, as I want to improve my skill with this technology. I actually have found a nice system to keep improving in that goal combining the use of Todoist and GitHub Project
- I am starting a new side project about improving/facilitating code quality for developers around the world, to 10x my capacity to help people to code better. I am still in the early stage of this project, since I am still defining exactly what the main features of this project are going to be. But this projects feels me with a lot of motivation and good vibes ☺️
Well, to achieve all those goals and even to make significant progress towards them, it will take some time.
And by the end of the year, I will definitely need to make a point to evaluate my progress on each of those goals.
But those goals won't ever really be achieved. Indeed, a blog can always be updated and the writing skills can always be improved. And it will probably still be my focus next year too, and I hope you will be able to read and enjoy my future articles 😉
Thank you all for reading this article,
And until my next article, have a wonderful day 🙂