CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for #CNC2021 "Start Coding" Mission 1 Submission Thread

#CNC2021 "Start Coding" Mission 1 Submission Thread

CodeNewbie Staff on April 15, 2021

After completing all the steps in your Mission 1 email, post your coding goals and your favorite coding roles. Feel free to introduce your...
Collapse

sabineemden profile image
Sabine Emden (she/her)

I'm interested in frontend web development, with a dash of UX/UI.

My goal for the next six months is to learn the foundational frontend development skills to build projects from graphic design comps. My focus will be on HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Bootstrap.

I plan to track the time I spend coding with a pomodoro app that integrates with my to-do list. Because I work full-time, I'm aiming for one hour per day on average.

Collapse

aeparson profile image
Arcadia

What program are you learning with? I also just started a new Pomodoro App. I'd love to hear how you're using yours with a to-do list.

Collapse

gabrielruiz21 profile image
Gabriel Esteban Ruiz Meneses

Hello everyone! My name is Gabriel and i am from Colombia. I am learning python this year and i cannot wait to start making some cool projects. I would love to hear any tips or resources you guys might have. Please feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn linkedin.com/in/gabrieleruiz/ or shot me an email at gabrielestebanruiz21@gmail.com. I have a couple of books and resources regarding technical interview if you are interest.

Here is assignment 1.

docs.google.com/document/d/1jRddK3....

Happy coding

Collapse

opheliagame profile image
Anushka Trivedi

Hey Gabriel, python sounds like a very fun language to begin with, and very useful in the current tech ecosystem as well.
Looking forward to reading your goals but I cannot access your document at the moment.

Collapse

Hi Anushka, it is a very fun language. I am currently taking a codecademy course and reading python in a nutshell. I do not what happened to my goals link. I will see how can I give access to it.

What are you studying ? how do you learn best (reading, watching videos, or live classes ) ?

happy coding

Thread Thread

Anushka Trivedi

codeacademy is fun!
I am currently doing mostly javascript. for me, reading works best. and it is even better if directly after reading, or along with reading, i can also try things out by writing some code. how do you learn best?

Thread Thread

I enjoyed reading a lot. However I learn best by doing. I am really good on live classes where I can compete and get hand on right after the lesson.

JavaScript is awesome. I am familiar with the framework React. I you need some JavaScript resources let me know I might have a couple.

Thread Thread

Anushka Trivedi

yes please :) it would be great to get a few resources

Thread Thread

Sorry for the late reply. Here they are. Hope they help.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kc...

Let me know if you ever want to code together. I am learning python but I very comfortable with JavaScript.

Thread Thread

Anushka Trivedi

Thank you! I do have an idea for a javascript project, and will ask you once I am more clear about what I want to do <3

Collapse

Sabine Emden (she/her)

Gabriel, are you familiar with PyBites? I started my coding journey with Python a couple of years ago, before I decided to switch to frontend development. I remember listening to the PyBites podcast and enjoying it. The website also has smaller coding exercises, which I really liked for additional practice and to test myself.

Collapse

I am not familiar. But I just added my email to their daily video list and I cannot wait to get their first bite of knowledge. Thank you so much for sharing.

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Hey there! Thanks for participating in the challenge!

Just so you know, no need to share your worksheets! Those are just for your own notes and reflection. In the threads, you'll want to share answers to the assignment questions :)

Collapse

Upsss. This is my first time. thanks for letting me know.

Have a great day.

Collapse

herkura profile image
Hershil Piplani
Collapse

Sabine Emden (she/her)

You have some very ambitious goals, @herkura ! Are you planning to start your own company?

Collapse

herkura profile image
Hershil Piplani

Thanks a lot, Sabine Emden but planning for a startup is too far for the time being. I am more interested in gaining some industrial experience first, working in a competitive environment, and contributing to the open source community as well.

Thread Thread

Sabine Emden (she/her)

That sound like a reasonable plan! I wish you all the best for it.

Thread Thread

herkura profile image
Hershil Piplani

Thanks alot!

Collapse

iam_eddie_ profile image
Dis_Connectedβ›“

Hello everyone i am Eddie and i am a professional banker and investment finance analysts, i am passionate about technology and computers thats why i am here today , I’m not looking to switch careers but i love learning new things and I would like to add coding to my list of skills ,I would also love to get a rewarding career .

In 12 months time i should be able to design a complete and fully functional programme.My favorite coding roles are Front End Developer, Mobile Developer and Software Engineer

Successful learning to me is to be able understand a concept and to be able to apply it releventaly , whether it's a new project , a course or a real life situation

To measure that success I would like to think in terms of time spent and courses completed. Keeping a journal to measure progress can be one way to track progress , still to research on other tools.

I have wrote down a 12 month Timeline to fulfill my learning goals and start applying for jobs . Starting to day 😊

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Awesome!

Collapse

abdelrahmanes profile image
Abdelrahman Elshershaby

interesting

Collapse

tda233066 profile image
Tim Apple

Hello, been around a little while now, but no real progress. I am going through this to help me buckle down so to speak.

I am interested in Web and Mobile development. I really like flutter but I am going to focus on web technologies for now since they cover a lot of bases in the end if a person has a browser.

My goal is to be working in some low level role actually developing in 1-2 years. I have the benefit of being home now taking care of my kids. Plan on entering workforce in the above timeline.

Cheers!

Collapse

dsusee profile image
Dawn Susee

Hi. I want to get my certification in Java. I am using the Code challenge to review Java from the beginning and I would like to take the certification exam by the end of the summer.

My favorite coding roles are software engineer and game developer. I like the roles which include writing code.

Collapse

eduenez33 profile image
Edwin Duenez

Hey everyone!

I'm interested in Web Development. Both front-end and back-end.

My goal is to complete the course that I am currently taking on Udemy and build a project based on the topics that it covers. I am also striving to apply to multiple positions and land an interview by the end of the year.

Collapse

Abdelrahman Elshershaby

wish you all the best Edwin
which stack are you learning on udemy?

Collapse

amo_ndi profile image
Collapse

Sabine Emden (she/her)

I'm curious: Why did you pick Java to learn first, @amo_ndi ? I've been toying with the idea of learning web development for a couple of years now. During that time, I have heard and read recommendations for Python, JavaScript, C#, and Ruby as the first or primary programming language for people starting to code. The blog post for the pre-mission reading assignment was the first time I read a recommendation to start with Java.

Collapse

amo_ndi profile image
Amondi_Lucy • Edited

I think I want to learn Java because I want to focus mostly on Android development and focus less on web, I heard that Java is a cool programming language, though I have had a little taste of it I can say it's codes are bulky. Python is easy, also I have had a little taste of it too, but python is wide would want to learn that later on

Thread Thread

amo_ndi profile image
Amondi_Lucy

Am also a student in my second year doing software engineering.
Java is one of the units in my course in which I would want to perfect on it.

Thread Thread

Sabine Emden (she/her)

You're right, most of the advice I came across was geared more towards web development. I know very little about mobile development. If you learn Java in university and it fits your interests, you have two very good reasons to focus on it.

Thread Thread

amo_ndi profile image
Amondi_Lucy

Thank you

Collapse

I was surprise the reading was mostly base on Java. I am learning Python because is easy to learned and is use in different professions. I think I will stick with python.

Thread Thread

Sabine Emden (she/her)

I don't think the reading was chosen to get us all into Java.

In my opinion, Python is a very good language to learn basic programming concepts. I started with Python, and now that I know I want to focus on frontend web development, I'm switching to JavaScript.

Collapse

induja profile image
Induja

Hello everyone! I'm Induja and I'm from India. I'm not a complete newbie to programming but I got into this challenge to find direction and gain clarity when learning to code. I'm super excited to start doing fun projects. Please drop any advice/tips you would give me, a freshman CS major, to find my own path in tech.

Here's my Coding Goals worksheet!
docs.google.com/document/d/1BjEq8y...

I look forward to learning a lot here :)

Collapse

adammathewvaughn profile image
Adam

1.) I want to start learning to code because it’s interesting and the employment opportunities are endless.
2.) I hope to be employed within 6 months and well-established at that job within a year.
3.) Success looks like a firm grasp on at least one language and a working familiarity with adjacent or similar languages.
4.) I measure my success by my level of comfort with the task at hand. If I’m comfortable with the task, I can continue to work and improve, no matter my current results.
5.) I’d really like to be working in the field within 6 months.

Collapse

bharads profile image
Bharadwaj Sridharan
Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Just so you know, no need to share your worksheets! Those are just for your own notes and reflection. In the threads, you'll want to share answers to the assignment questions :)

Collapse

Sabine Emden (she/her)

I love your goal to start learning to code to empower your current job, @bharads ! In my current job, there are a lot of tasks that I would love to automate, and I wish I had the skills for that.

Collapse

ordinari_john profile image
Amaechi John

Hello everyone
My goals for this challenge is to fully learn the fundamentals of web developments in 6 months time.

Collapse

Abdelrahman Elshershaby

good luck with your goal Amaechi
what stack do u intend to start?

Collapse

doileo profile image
Doina

Hi, everyone. I'm interested in Front-End Web Development. My goal for the next six months is to practice HTML, CSS, and JavaScript so that I can begin freelancing.
A couple of job titles that seem interesting to me are Front-End Web Developer, UX Designer and everything is related to security of a website. This last one may be the title of the job I want to get in the future.
I use a planner and Pomodoro to keep track of my time. My daily study time would be about two to three hours.

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Hello everyone! It was brought to our attention that there were some errors in the above prompt (it was mistakenly carried over from another challenge).

We have updated it above. Looks like you have all been sharing the correct responses to the assignment so nice job! Going forward, no need to share your Google docs in these mission threads, although I do understand why you did so in this case πŸ˜…

Collapse

preshh0 profile image
Your .py Princess!

CNC2021

Hi, my name is Precious and I'm restarting my journey in Python.
I hope to be consistent and get very proficient in the language in at least a month, then get into the frameworks.
And then get a job or at least have gigs before the end of the year.

Plus, I'm trying to learn the basic concepts of programming and software engineering.

Cheers.

Oh, and if someone knows of python internship opportunities, it'd be really cool if thet could share links. Thanks!

Collapse

dng3220m4 profile image
Ethan

I want to transition into a better paying field with many opportunities for growth as well as the option to work from home. I would also like to build my own projects for fun.

In six months I would like to be able to proficiently code in HTML/CSS/JS as well as be comfortable with React. I would like to be taking on freelance projects or contributing to volunteer projects.

In twelve months I would like to be transitioning to another career, possibly as an entry-level web developer or increasing my capacity as a freelancer.

Success looks like having a deep understanding of basic web dev concepts and skills, it’s having passed most of, if not all of FCC certifications, it’s being able to know what I’ve learned and how I can learn more.

I will measure that success by knowing what direction I’m moving towards, completing courses and finishing projects.

I would like to have finished 2-3 of my websites by October. I would like to start volunteering by July and contributing to code, and I would like to be able to confidently apply for jobs by January of 2022.

Roles? I'm most interested in Full-Stack Development for employment, Game Development for fun, and Hardware? Software Engineering sounds cool.

Collapse

shariifah profile image
Sherifah

Hello !!πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚ I'm new here. I'm Bolaji.

I'm interested in backend development with a little understanding of frontend.

Before joining this coding challenge, I'm basically a novice in all these coding stuffs and surprisingly I'm a computer science student, year two. So it's somehow not ideal to me. I'm into graphics design actually...But now I am ready to learn new things, I'm really excited about this πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ and I can't wait to get started on some really cool projects.

My focus will be on HTML, Python, CSS and some other languages associated with backend.
Thank you for having me.☺️☺️☺️

Collapse

dhrey112 profile image
Adeleke Dare

I am just starting out from Nigeria. I have been playing with python recently and found my flavor in Software Engineering though I am working toward specialing in machine learning and DevOps Engineer.

I am hoping to gain and solidify my general IT knowledge and programming with python via this platform and get a job before I will be trying my hand in other languages such as java and c++. Thanks

Collapse

preshh0 profile image
Your .py Princess!

CNC2021

Hi, my name is Precious and I'm restarting my journey in Python.
I hope to be consistent and get very proficient in the language in at least a month, then get into the frameworks.
And then get a job or at least have gigs before the end of the year.

Plus, I'm trying to learn the basic concepts of programming and software engineering.

Cheers.

Oh, and if someone knows of python internship opportunities, it'd be really cool if they could share links. Thanks!

Collapse

jerineaso profile image
Jerin Easo Regi

β€œGoals, Goals, Goals”
=> I'm learning coding because I find this to be my passion, more than working not happy under others.
=>My goal is to become a Front End Developer and hoping it to be happen within 6 months.

Collapse

seltzie profile image
seltzie

Hello! I'm currently an in-house designer and I do mostly print design. I've been skirting around learning web development for years, but now it's pretty obvious my job is on the downswing, so this is my time. I hope to know in 6 months if this is what I really want to do. If it's not, I hope to be able to roll the skills into a more general job. I'm a 'fine but not inspired' designer, and I really enjoy what I've done of front end development. I'm hoping to become a strong developer that's aided by my design background, instead of making a living doing design. My dream job would be to do the coding for a designer that does small business websites (restaurants, small hotels, dispensaries, etc), and if I could do it part-time from home: all the better.

Success would be having a decent portfolio of work I am proud of, and confidence in my ability to code and solve the problems that come up.

Collapse

noviicee profile image
Novice • Edited

`#CNC2021 Mission-1

Goals:

• To learn as much as I can.
  • Learn a new programming language, which can be used to make some contributions, in order to solve real-time problems πŸ™Œ
  • Move to the advanced part of the programming language of which I know the basics.

Favorite Coding Roles:
Debugging has to be my favorite part haha πŸ˜„

Collapse

gillell profile image
Gill Elliott

Hi everyone. I am here because I have just turned a certain age and finally have the opportunity to persue my interest in computing and coding. I have some self-taught Python, and I have just started a conversion Msc in Computer Science, but don't really know which direction I want to go in. My goals are to find my direction, create some projects of my own (some of which will hopefully be actually useful) and to be in a postion to say "I am a coder". That's it really. This is for my own personal achievement, but if I get to a stage when I can make some money from it, all the better.

Collapse

sbstn profile image
sbstn98

Hey Guys,
i am Basti from Hamburg, Germany!
I am interested in mobile web development and free software...
Here are my coding Goals for the Future:

docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX...

What do you think?
Are my Goals accessible?
I'm excited to hear your feedback!

Collapse

aaron profile image
Aaron McCollum

Welcome Basti! I think this looks pretty great - good luck! Focus on consistency with your learning and you'll find that after 12 months you will have made great progress. freeCodeCamp is also a really awesome resource that I use as well. Where are you in the curriculum on fCC?

Collapse

sbstn profile image
sbstn98

Hey Aaron,
i started it from beginning and just now i finished the HTML part :) On the same time i am working on an edX IBM certified cloud development course.
Next Challenge is the CSS part, but i am very excited to do the JavaScript part :D

What Level have you reached so far?

Collapse

mcclintsayshi profile image
Clinton

Hello, CN

Challenge 1:
docs.google.com/document/d/1du8SPF...

Collapse

Sabine Emden (she/her)

You write in your Goals Worksheet you want to start applying for jobs by the end on June. That's awesome, @mcclintsayshi ! πŸ₯³ It also pretty soon, only about 10 weeks away, less than the duration of most coding bootcamps. Are you starting from scratch, or do you already have some coding skills?

I don't want to rain on your parade. I'm trying to find out how my own goals and timeline - and my definition of "start coding" - compare to others in this challenge.

Collapse

Clinton

I have been coding for a while now, I joined the challenge to kind of check all the boxes because so far I'm a bit all over the place in terms of what I have learned. The thing I am hoping to learn here is mostly working on projects, what I an actual real world project requires and actually finishing them on time. I have been struggling a lot with that.

Also by applying I mean to say I want to have my portfolio ready with atleast a project or two that showcases my skills because I have waiting to reach a point where I think/feel ready for a long time now.

Thread Thread

Sabine Emden (she/her)

Are you familiar with Frontend Mentor? It's a website with coding challenges for building frontend website from professional designs. You submit your solutions for code review by the community, and because you need a live URL for your project to do that, you are also building your portfolio.

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati • Edited

Hi, @mcclintsayshi ! Thanks for being part of the challenge! Friendly reminder that the worksheets are for your personal work and don't need to be shared in the mission threads. Instead, you'll want to share your answer to the assignment questions directly in the thread :)

Collapse

bekobekrija profile image
Berkan A.

My #CNC2021 Start Coding Goals worksheet is here:
docs.google.com/document/d/16_XzCU...

My goal is to start earning as a website developer by the 9th month when i officially start learning, and by month 12 to have enough knowledge to create a website (startup) that I've planned all along.

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati • Edited

Hi, @bekobekrija ! Thanks for being part of the challenge! Friendly reminder that the worksheets are for your personal work and don't need to be shared in the mission threads. Instead, you'll want to share your answer to the assignment questions in the thread :)

Collapse

bekobekrija profile image
Berkan A.

Hi Ayu. Thanks for the reminder :)

Thread Thread

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

You're welcome, Berkan :)

Collapse

Sabine Emden (she/her)

I don't know how retirement works for French expats in Japan, @brandelune , and can't view your Goals Worksheet on Goggle Docs. Are you looking for a better paying job before you retire or a second career after you retire from your current job?

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Collapse

thaodg profile image
Thao Duong

My goal is to be able to gather and manipulate data with Python.

I work with data a lot and I used to be a product owner at an IT company but I want to be more involve and actually becoming a programmer working with backend.

Collapse

rhigh44 profile image
Rob High

I'm interested in full-stack web development. I will be focusing on CSS, HTML, JavaScript for the next 6 mos. I would also like to look into helping with open source projects either via coding or documentation. After 6 mos, would like to start looking for jobs for web development with emphasis on the backend side.

Collapse

donokun profile image
Donovan

I feel like I'm pretty bad with goal setting in general. I don't want to be too ambitious but too easy.

My coding goals

• I would like to just finish any project that I've been thinking about. I don't know about anyone else but I end up abandoning a project halfway because I either think its not as cool as I'd like it to be or I just end up not figuring out how to get past a problem. I'm actually frightened of posting on Stack overflow to see if I get a response lol
  • Long term I'd definitely like to get a job fulltime.

In terms of my favorite roles, I haven't really done anything other than Frontend stuff so I guess I'd say that's my stuff right there

If anyone is on Twitter I've decided to be a little more active on there. I'm not really sure how people go about social media as a dev though lol, but I'm here

Collapse

diegopaula profile image
Diego Paula • Edited

Good morning, here it is

Challenge 1:
docs.google.com/document/d/195w86G...

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Collapse

Anushka Trivedi

Hey Diego, I can totally relate when you say that your learning has been disorganised. Getting some structure into my learning is also a big motivation for me. Looking forward!

Collapse

Sabine Emden (she/her)

I love that you want to start learning to code to live more creatively. That's a great motivation, @diegopaula !

Collapse

Anushka Trivedi

docs.google.com/document/d/1IizvaO...

Hello everyone, excited to start on this journey!

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Collapse

Anushka Trivedi

oh alright, thanks gracie. I'll keep that in mind for the coming assignments :)

Collapse

amo_ndi profile image
Amondi_Lucy
Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati • Edited

Hi, @amo_ndi ! Thanks for being part of the challenge! Friendly reminder that the worksheets are for your personal work and don't need to be shared in the mission threads. Instead, you'll want to share your answer to the assignment questions directly in the thread :)

Collapse

tdavis0831 profile image
tdavis0831

Hello! My name is Tasha and I am a vet tech, turned social worker, turned future programmer! I am always looking to network and love coding!
Why are you learning to code?
I want to learn how to code because I would like to begin working on problems that I have seen as a social worker. Many times I am driven to find solutions to problems in very creative ways, and in that sense, programming and social work are very similar. I also want my niece to see that a woman can go into a male dominated field and be successful.

What’s your goal?
I am starting a bootcamp and am hoping to have a job by April 2022.

What does successful learning look like to you?
Successful learning to me means that I understand enough to teach and help others out. I always want to give what has been given to me to help build other people up.

How will you measure that success?
Completing Hackbright, helping others learn, getting a job.

Do you have a timeline, or any deadlines, associated with your learning goals?
There are no deadlines for me, but my loan for my program will be due and I am hoping to have a career as a programmer when that happens.

Collapse

darhlagilson profile image
On Corners Design

With so many options out there for roles, languages, platforms; finding one and sticking to it is probably my biggest challenge right now. So focusing on the role is useful. The role I am most interested in is front-end developer but I like to know how things work so knowing back end skills is important to me too. So my coding goal is to learn HTML, CSS, but most importantly Javascript. What I specifically would like to achieve eventually is an interactive web site that eventually works more like a 3D model and integrates with a mobile app. I have a long long way to go.πŸ˜…

Collapse

pronomitadey profile image
Pronomita Dey

Hi CodeNewbie Community!

Programming has become as essential as knowing how to ride a bike or drive a car. I am not so good behind the wheel :P
I have taken up this challenge to become better at my logical reasoning and problem solving abilities (while I take driving lessons :P).
I love creating applications and my primary coding language is Python.

My goal is to attain good problem solving and backend development skills using Python.

Being successful at it would be doing some mini-projects as applications to what I have learnt.

The timeline I am setting for myself would be the end of this year. I want to have one very Merry Christmas!

Cheers!

Collapse

sjunaidhashmi profile image
Junaid Hashmi • Edited

Hey there everyone! My name is Junaid.

I am interested in being a full-stack developer. I've recently started my learning journey with HTML, CSS & Javascript.

I started learning to code because I've been interested in technology since childhood. And when I started learning to code in Python in high school, I just fell in love with programming and it made me more curious about computer science. Which led me to choose Computer Engineering as my major in college.

My goal for the next 6 months is to deep dive into web development and learn its foundations. And then hopefully get an internship.

For me, successful learning would be having a good understanding of a particular technology and then using it to build real-world projects.

Currently, on average, I am spending 2 hours per day learning
and plan to start a project soon!

Hope you all reach your goalsπŸ˜ƒ.
And btw, feel free to connect with me on Twitter.

Collapse

jcapolydev profile image
Jim C. Arriesgado

Hi, here's my Mission 1 worksheet: docs.google.com/document/d/1mKZNJe...

The goal is to become a full-stack web developer. I have some foundations in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript already, even know a little bit of Python. I am purely self taught so the challenge is to visualize a practical roadmap that I can follow, narrow down what technologies to learn, and eventually create tons of projects for the portfolio. I just hope I can do as I planned. I know there will be setbacks, and that is why I joined this community so that everybody, if not somebody, will guide me. πŸ˜†

Collapse

ronvillela profile image
Ron

Hello….my coding goal is to acquire the skills in java to develop a project and eventually become a java developer. I took a java class in college several years back and fell in love with the language. Unfortunately, I could not finish at the time but was able to stay in the field of IT. Currently I am finishing my second BA in IT and working on java through codegym, ed2go, jetbrain academy and several texts. I try to follow some advice i read somewhere to stick to 80/20. I practice problems and coding 80% of the time and work on theory 20%. I find this more enjoyable and feel like I’m making progress (slowly but surely). BTW I appreciate the emails i receive from codenewbie….very informative and motivating….GL to all…

Collapse

firangizg profile image
firangizg

Hey everyone! I am interested in software engineering or product design engineering since the IoT applications interest me so much.

My goal is to learn the foundations of python well, and understand theoretically how computers work. I want to get an internship next summer so I will be prepping for that too.

I will measure my progress by the technical difficulty of the projects that I will be doing. Hopefully, I will be able to complete more technically advanced side projects by the end of the challenge.

Collapse

koshirok096 profile image
koshirok096

Hello everyone, I’m Koshiro from Japan.

I have already learnt basic HTML and CSS, but I’m very bad at JS :(
As the first step to get a front-end developer job, I decided to start this challenge from this week.

My focus is on JS and JS frameworks (vue.js, etc). I’m hoping to build my portfolio website by using JS, or JS framework in next 3, or 6 months!

Cheers!

Collapse

daedalus418 profile image
GaΓ«lle Morin

I want to be an frontend developer with good knowledge in accessibility and a hint of backend development.

My coding goals are to build a blog with Ghost when I am comfortable with JS.
Then build other projects but I don't have any ideas at the moment. And finally find a cool job. I hope to do all of this in less than a year.

Collapse

paulwebdev profile image
Paul D

Mission 1 Submission:
Goal: To confidently apply for web developer roles in 6 months
Favorite coding role; Front End Developer

Collapse

jrlunap profile image

Hi!
My favorite coding roles:
Web Applications (Front-end dev, back end dev, web designer)
Mobile Developer
Software Engineer

*Why are you learning to code?
Because I love the idea of building things with the power of logic.

*What’s your goal?
In 6 months I’d love to be able to build simple web apps and to land a developer job.

*What does successful learning look like to you?
For me, it’s more about having a deeper understanding of a particular technology, helping others and working on what I'm passionate about with freedom.

*How will you measure that success?
I’m planning to use a calendar to keep track of my progress.

*Do you have a timeline, or any deadlines, associated with your learning goals?
I’d like to start applying for jobs in 6 months or less. I have plenty of free time at the moment to reach my goals.

Collapse

juanfrank77 profile image
Juan F Gonzalez

In 6 months with enough time... You got this!

Collapse

lucascardim profile image
LucasCardim

Hello everyone! My name's Lucas and i'm from Brazil! I want to start to code so i can get a better job and better opotunitties in my life! By the end of 6 months i desire to be coding in javascript, making cool projects to my portifolio. By the end of 12 months, i want to be a pro in react.js. Thats pretty much i want to say! Thanks!

Collapse

kenenwogu profile image
KeneNwogu

I'm a newbie back-end developer, I've actually been looking for something I'd really like, so I've been skipping around for almost two years (with long spells of breaks)

I found it difficult with C#'s ASP.NET MVC framework, so I was really down about it, I tried game development (Unity) but I wasn't really committed.

I've found some joy with Python because it's easy on the eyes, so I hope to build some projects in the coming months. So I'd be in the "back-end" of things for now. I don't have a specific track about getting my goals yet tho.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Collapse

wulingoh profile image
Wulingoh

Hi there, here are my goals and submission for mission 1 challenge.

To get a job and I believe learning to code will help my brain be stimulated even when I reach 90 years old.

What’s your goal?
6 months?
Able to finish developing three of my game development
12 months?
Building portfolios that I can demonstrate to the potential employers.

What does successful learning look like to you?.
Building a bunch of projects with a deeper understanding of any particular technology and languages. Ability to apply the concept of algorithm.

I want to build my confidence by recognizing the right tools to use and knowing that my understanding is solid.

I am going to start a software engineering diploma in July and I would like to be ready for the program.
Within one year, I would like to pursue an internship program in software engineering.

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

You certainly can share a view-only copy of your note sheet if you like, but an important part of the assignment is also to carry over your answer to the prompt so discussion can happen right here on CodeNewbie Community! πŸ˜ƒ

Thread Thread

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Oh and no apologies necessary of course! :)

Collapse

siuflightboy profile image
Nathan Mabry

Hello! My name is Nathan and I currently reside in Glendale, California. I'm currently at the beginning stages of working towards a 6 month of goal of picking up work as a freelance web developer, in order to supplement my income. My 12 month goal includes having enough projects completed so that I will have a direction in which to head towards learning further languages/roles that peak my interest. I'm assuming I'll start with front-end development, but would also like to learn back-end as well. The curriculum that I'm following has me learning HTML, CSS, Javascript, Bootstrap, jQuery, React, Python, Django, and Wagtail. Thanks for reading this and for your encouragement and support!

Collapse

pronomitadey profile image
Pronomita Dey

Hi CodeNewbie Community!

Programming has become as essential as knowing how to ride a bike or drive a car. I am not so good behind the wheel :P
I have taken up this challenge to become better at my logical reasoning and problem solving abilities (while I take driving lessons :P).
I love creating applications and my primary coding language is Python.

My goal is to attain good problem solving and backend development skills using Python.

Being successful at it would be doing some mini-projects as applications to what I have learnt.

The timeline I am setting for myself would be the end of this year. I want to have one very Merry Christmas!

Cheers!

Collapse

oladipupozainab profile image
oladipupozainab

I am Zainab, I am interested in learning Full stack development. I hope by the end of six months, i have enough knowledge about it. I have tried learning website development and keep getting lost and tired at some point. I hope this would help me learn more and gain more skills.

Collapse

bandeirademelo profile image
Bandeira

Hey I'm Thiago from Brazil and I'm learning and intend to keep learning web development. I'm also find game development interesting but I think about it much more as a hobby.

I six months from now I want to be able to have a firm base of knowledge in web development, and to be working in a good tech company. I want also to contribute to open-source projects, and teach other people how to code.

Here's my the link for my goals worksheet: tinyurl.com/2bwx263p

Collapse

adridwk profile image
Adri Kostecki

Hi Everyone,
Greetings from a scorching hot Rotterdam.

Why do I want to learning coding: It feels real to me, coding it is a trade like any other, you can make something brilliant out of thin air, and I want that magic in my life.

My goal is to be a full stack developer, but to start I am concentrating my efforts on Front end and learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

I learn deeply by doing, and I need to get out there and start working with other developers, build my portfolio, and network. (I would be gratefull for any pointers you could share, and what you found helpfull?)

My goal for the next month is to design and make a standalone web project a week, 1 hour a day on my current studies, and 1-2 hours a day to find and contribute to projects.

In 6 months, I want a portfolio I am proud of, have made connections and some friends along the way, and know the location of the light switch in the developer world, or a good torch would work too.

For the next 6 months: With a solid understanding of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (I will not lie, CSS still behaves like wet soap to me), and pretty and functional out of the way. My plan is to concentrate on learning more complex programming structures and start/continue learning back end development. At the moment I plan to learn node.js because it is based on JavaScript and should be easier to pick up, but I am open to other langauges, I should have a better understanding of what works better for me at that time.

Collapse

roncmb108 profile image
RonCMB

Hello all,
I'm totally new to coding, so my goals are about exploring the different roles. I originally thought I was interested in back-end, but the more I've been reading about UI/UX roles the more it kind of resonates with me.

I've recently started the FreeCodeCamp curriculum. I'm almost done with the Responsive Web Design certificate, and I'm hoping to be thru with certs 1-6 by August. I'm hoping this will give me enough of a foundation to know where I want to go with coding next.

Collapse

aaronlng profile image
Aaron Long

Hello everyone,

My personal coding goals for during this challenge is to build a handful of projects from start to finish to bulk up my portfolio a bit. I am challenging myself to uphold better acountability and really pushing myself to retain the knowledge that I am learning.

My favorite coding roles currently are front and back end developers as they are the positions I am striving to break into.

Collapse

wvragga profile image
Dave Reese

Ultimately I would like to be a full stack developer, I think.
Initially, I would like to be able to do front end work, or even qa testing, anything that can get me experience in developing/coding, etc. for employment.

I want to start learning to code because I want to get a good job, and because I enjoy coding !

My six month goal is basic proficiency in coding in order to get an entry level job in front end development.

My twelve month goal is continued learning to get a better skill set for employment.

Success in the short term for me is based on being employable, and getting employed. Long term, it is about being capable of making meaningful contributions as a member of a development team, and as a contributor to open source projects.

I’m not sure how to measure success , other than by obtaining employment, or by making meaningful contributions to open source projects. I guess that’s something I need to try to define better. I just assumed that learning to code, and developing my coding skills would be defined by being able to code successfully.

I would like to find another job asap. However. I don’t expect to be able to do that, or acquire the skills needed to do that, overnight.

I would expect that 3 - 6 months would be needed at a minimum to get a better understanding of basic coding. Assuming that I put inat least 4-6 hrs a day. I'm not sure that is a realistic expectation, but I am willing to adjust it if necesary, and will be happy with any progress I am able to make towards this goal.

I was originally hoping to get into a full-time bootcamp, and devote more time than that. Unfortunately, at the moment I am financially challenged, in both cash in hand, and credit rating-wise, and have been unable to make that happen.

I am hoping to be employable in 6 - 12 months.

I am excited to see how things proceed, and to challenge myself by learning and devoping new skills.

I am looking forward to learning from everyone here !

Respects,
Dave Reese.

Collapse

majur profile image
Juraj MaΕ₯aΕ‘e

Hi all :-) I'm a testing automation professional and I'm learning Ruby on Rails. I want to become a programmer.

My goal is to develop a long-term planner web app.

Collapse

yayacodes profile image
yayacodes

I want to start learning to code because code makes sense! I find it extremely intriguing to learn what coding and algorithms are all about, and to actually be able to see a live model of my code.

In six months I plan to master HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and React and start freelancing as a web developer :)
in 12 months I plan to further my knowledge on web design and might start dabbling in back end.

Successful learning to me consists of a clear monthly plan and schedule, a six month plan and a 12 month plan where tangible results are clear. As a newbie I like having a monthly plan to follow and measure success. Learn about the science behind all i am learning and implementing.

I have a six month plan to learn frontend development; HTML, CSS, Javascript and React divided into months. Since a person never stops learning, it is important to keep trying new thins, implementing code and breaking it to see where it leads so I learn for my projects and keep practicing and trying new things .

Many resources say that it takes six months to learn frontend development. I like that challenge. Thinking six months ahead I will have great knowledge and a completely different career path and mentality is such a motivation to dedicate all the effort needed and more to get there.

Collapse

projectmanleo profile image
projectmanleo

Hi,
I'm Lionel,
I want to learn to code to become a back end developer.
I want to easily create web apps and mobile apps from back end using node.js and others.

Successful learning to me is about the ease in building a bunch of projects, having a deeper understanding of a particular technology, and passing a certification.

My success would be determined by the amount of time spent, badges collected, and all successfully completed projects.

I wish I can start applying for jobs by August 30th.

Regards

Collapse

luzd20 profile image
Luz

Hello everyone! My name is Luz and I'm from Argentina!
I joined this challenge (and many courses & online resources) to hopefully get a reasonable grasp on HTML + CSS + JS that might land me a better job. I've been working for almost 10 years in a field I don't like (tourism) for a mediocre salary and no growth opportunities whatsoever, so I decided enough was enough and I needed to make a change. Going back to IT seemed only natural, as I worked in QC/QA before and I had a blast!
My overall goals are to learn enough in the web dev field to get a better job with growth prospects and maybe being able to do side jobs through Fiverr or similar platforms.
I've chosen front end development languages because they seem easy to start with and in great demand, but I'm not excluding the possibility of moving to another language further down the line. I'm not in a rush as I already have a job, so I can take a well thought out approach.
Thank you for reading, and happy coding!

Collapse

defsm profile image
defsm

Hi everyone!
I am interested in backend development but for now I am learning Python.

Find my goals worksheet here vvv:
docs.google.com/document/d/1hAcO_-...

Collapse

bhagirath1312 profile image
Bhatti Bhagirath

Hello everyone, my name is bhagirath and i am from india. i am started C programming
in 2020. and i am currently start learning css , javascript , bootstrap and php.

My goal is for next 2 years is to learn fontend development skills to make websites.

Collapse

cjpangs profile image
cj

Hello everyone.

My goal is to learn more about python, I chose python because I've read that python is mostly used by data scientist, and I aspire to become a data scientist soon. I hope to learn a lot from this awesome community.

docs.google.com/document/d/1OkCapp...

Collapse

sobrinap profile image
ScoobyP

Hi, I'm a former mainframe programmer that is switching over to object-oriented programming. I've been learning java, java script, python and have started to learn c#. It's been quite a journey so far. I joined this challenge to start interacting more with the OO community.

I'm interested in being a full stack programmer with an emphasis on front end. I have an idea for an app but don’t know the best way to design it. Hoping this challenge will steer me in the correct direction. I hope to have it completed with 6 months. Also to be doing freelance work within 12 months.

Collapse

aeparson profile image
Arcadia

Hi there! I'm Arcadia, a former teacher and tech coach. I am looking to get out of schools and into creating for EdTech companies. My husband is in the Navy and we are currently stationed in Guam, so I am taking this time to focus on my career change. I am most excited about working as a Mobile Developer or Web Developer. I am currently working on coursework to become a Full Stack Web Developer, but I am very curious about Mobile Development.

docs.google.com/document/d/1SMI56n...

Collapse

chukwukagideon profile image
Chukwukagideon

Hello!

Well I've learnt the basics of front end web development sometime ago, I just want to brush up on my skills and pick up the pace as fast as possible because its actually been 3 years I stopped Writing code due school but am in my finals now so I really hope to catch up speed.

Currently looking for open projects to participate in, I feel I've passed the stage of just watching tutorials and need to work on projects to get back in shape. Then next up is learning some JavaScript framework then start applying for remote jobs.

Collapse

Abdelrahman Elshershaby • Edited

console.log("Hello World"),

my name is Abdelrahman from Egypt and I am making a career shift from aeronautical engineering to web development ( mainly front-end web development )

I am interested to learn web development in general ( front-end & back-end ), I started with the basics at first to find out what I love the most.

for now I finished studying HTML CSS Bootstrap Sass javaScript Es6+ Reactjs and I made some tasks with youtube tutorial .

my main goal from this challenge is to know how to start my project without a help from some tutorial .

about the deadline, I hate deadlines tbh but i can say 3 months from now i will be able to write my own code .

also i will start to know the basics of node js and mongo db for backend .

thanks all and I hope we go through this to our goals .

Collapse

abhi_5201 profile image
Abhijit Biswal

Hello folks! My name is Abhijit and I'm from India. Currently a pre-final year CS student, my goals are straightforward but pretty hard to think at first. I want to land a good paying job as a SDE and for that I need to be a good problem solver as well as a good developer. Since I’m in my pre-final year, I hope to reach a stable state after around 6 months(before I reach my final year).

I can see successful learning as in building a bunch of projects to showcase in my portfolio, having some open source contributions on my Github profile, solving a hefty amount of problems on Leetcode and good performance in coding contests.

Collapse

codelyf profile image
Codely

My #CNC2021 Start Coding - Goal Sheet

docs.google.com/document/d/1ragqqM...

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

Hi, @codelyf ! Thanks for being part of the challenge! Friendly reminder that the worksheets are for your personal work and don't need to be shared in the mission threads. Instead, you'll want to share your answer to the assignment questions in the thread :)

Collapse

friiia profile image
Friiia

I want to start learning to code because _______________I want to learn to code to make it my job one day, and learn more about all behind technology____________________.

What’s your goal?
What’s a tangible learn-to-code goal you hope to reach in 6 months?
I wan’t to master at least one language, javascript and java at least
12 months?

What does successful learning look like to you?
Is it about building a bunch of projects, having a deeper understanding of a particular technology, passing a certification, something else? Visualize and write down what success looks like to you.

Complete things in schechule and do it myself all from beginning to the end. I’d like to learn about front end more.

Is it about the amount of time spent, badges collected, courses completed? Are there tools you can use to track your learning so that you can measure your progress and document your success?

Getting to the school of applied sciences as to it-economy class

Do you need to pass an exam by a certain day? Do you need to start applying for jobs by a certain time? Do want to finish a project on a particular date? Jot down any due dates or important time-related criteria.
I usually have a bad habit of lefting all into last minute, but right now i got a javascript course, which should be finished in three months, and we got 1 extra month for 2 extra ETCS.

Collapse

carrot052615 profile image
γƒŸγ‚« • Edited

Hello everyone! My name is Micah.
I am currently learning the basics of python and my goals for this year is to master the basics of python, build small programs, and make my own projects.
I am interested in hardware development and also mobile application, but as of now I think I will be focusing on making mobile applications.

Collapse

ludivinesa profile image
LudivineSa

Hello ! My goal is to become a front end developper next year, so my main focus will be html / css and javascript. I just got accepted in a school that will be teaching me the basics so I hope that within next year I'll be able to design and create whatever I have in mind.

Collapse

rhonall profile image
rhonall

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in front-end web development and currently self learning HTML and CSS via Freecodecamp, Udemy, Youtube and etc. The next one that I want to tackle is Java Script.

I want to build up my portfolio gradually and hopefully able to get a junior web dev job by the end of this year :)

Collapse

Abdelrahman Elshershaby

console.log("Hello World"),

my name is Abdelrahman from Egypt and I am making a career shift from aeronautical engineering to web development ( mainly front-end web development )

I am interested to learn web development in general ( front-end & back-end ), I started with the basics at first to find out what I love the most.

for now I finished studying HTML CSS Bootstrap Sass javaScript Es6+ Reactjs and I made some tasks with youtube tutorial .

my main goal from this challenge is to know how to start my project without a help from some tutorial .

about the deadline, I hate deadlines tbh but i can say 3 months from now i will be able to write my own code .

also i will start to know the basics of node js and mongo db for backend .

thanks all and I hope we go through this to our goals .

Collapse

pluckyprecious profile image
Kelechi Precious Nwachukwu

I’m interested in full stack development, I’m inquisitive and always want to know how things work so I’ll be learning HTML, CSS, JS, Frameworks & Python.

I find UX interesting too, maybe because of how it emphasizes Empathy and putting the users in mind when building a product.

In 6moths, I want to be able to code well in the above languages and build an interesting substantial product, and also land my first job in tech.

Collapse

noctussi profile image
Noctussi

Hello there,
my goal is learn, learn, learn. I'm curious about everything about coding and it causes distraction for me to learn by myself. So in these feelings i found this challenge.

I'm trying to learn html-css-js these days, and making a portfolio site. But after js i want to learn node.js or python and more.

My hopefully 6/12 month-goals are acceptable level of knowledge in html-css-javascript and complete 3-5 projects, respectively.
But the most important one is learn, make, break, share, teach...

Collapse

ycode3 profile image
Yoshi

I'm interested in frontend development, mainly for web and maybe mobile app development.

My goal for the moment is to finish studying JavaScript and to complete at least one HTML, CSS and JavaScript challenge. Hopefully in the next year I will design and create a web page from start to finish.

Collapse

viowiti profile image
Victor Odhiambo Owiti

Been learning development behind the scenes for a while now. Looking to be a competent React developer in the next two months. Would like to go full stack with React on the Frontend and Django with Nodejs on the back end. Might want to leverage React Native for mobile app development. The only way is up.

Collapse

shak23 profile image
shak23

Greetings from the Chicago area! I am learning Python. What I plan on doing with it? Not sure. My day job is tech support. Want to move on to other things. Learning Python to see if I want to become a Software Engineer. Let's see what the future holds. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Collapse

humaira profile image
Humaiz

Hi all , I'm Humaira ..
I'm really interested in learning Web development ... I would like to spend next six month in improving my web development knowledge ....
I need a suggestion from you apart from HTML ,CSs and JS
What will be the remaining things I need to concentrate to become a full stack developer .... I would be grateful for your suggestion

Collapse

chikichew profile image
Nicki (she/her)

I haven't quite decided yet which coding role would be the best for me, I think it is very difficult to make that decision without any actual coding expertise. In general I find front-end developer, mobile designer and even game developer interesting.
I did some research and decided to focus on Python for now, as it seems to be very versatile and in demand. I am also hoping that it will give me an extra motivation boost when (hopefully) seeing quick progress given that Python is supposed to be one of the easiest languages to learn.
I would like to feel confident enough in Python to be able to work on freelance projects for some side income.

Collapse

bgali15 profile image
Binta Gali

I am interested in Frontend Web Development, UX/UI and subsequently becoming a fullstack developer, as such I am dedicating the next 6 months towards learning HTML, CSS, Javascript and Bootstrap.

I am hoping to push myself to code for at least 3hrs a day for the next 6 months even though being a Mum of a toddler makes it a bit difficult but I will make out time.
Hopefully I can get myself to a level where I am good enough to start a career in this field.

Collapse

daffodyu profile image
dyuie

Hi everyone, I’m Dyuie. I’m from B2B business development side and a bit of data platform (CDP). I want to learn mobile web development for fun though my goal is to build a website for my side project by this July.
I plan to spend at least an hour a day after my day job.

Collapse

aivanvarma profile image
Eero Saarinen

Hi everyone!

My name is Eero, I'm from Finland, and my goal is to become a game developer by the end of the year, not ambitious at all. If I have some time, I wouldn't mind learning some web development at the side.

Collapse

tarynblakemiller profile image
Taryn B Miller

Hi all!

My initial goal is to find a role as a front/back-end dev or full stack. My interest in tech came from working with hardware more directly so I have a long road ahead when it comes to learning the tools necessary for that but learning a higher level language felt like the right start for me!

Collapse

jenniegeo profile image
ISINTUME JENNIFER NKEM

Hi Everyone,
My goal is to confidently use coding concepts to solve real life problems and to secure a job before the year runs out. My favourite role is being a backend developer.

Collapse

yenifferku profile image
Yeniffer Ramirez Kunkel

Hello everyone!
My name is Yeniffer Kunkel and I'm originally from the Dominican Republic but I live in Louisville, KY. I'm already taking the front end dev course in Codecademy so my goal here for the next 3 months is to have a solid foundation and practice more HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I want to feel more confident while coding, create a stunning portfolio and be able to build projects. I would like to be able to confidently apply for jobs in February. I'm excited to join this challenge and amazing community.

Collapse

davies profile image
Davis OKioma

I’m making a career shift from Finance and Accounting.

My goal is to be a front-end web developer in 6 months with a solid understanding of web development & design and APIs. I have a solid understanding of basic HTML, CSS and JavaScript and currently focusing on learning more advanced concepts.

I consider successful learning to be a combination of both deep understanding of the core theoretical concepts and hands-on project-building knowledge to build functional apps.

To measure my success, first, I set out to work on a project and allow myself to get stuck. I then embark on a learning journey and I measure my progress by the ability to apply the new skills and complete the previous challenge.

I would love to start applying for entry level front-end jobs in about 5 months and also, my Google mobile web certification exam is due this coming December.

Collapse

iggyiccy profile image
Iggy

I am interested in blockchain development, and is constantly hoping around and trying out new protocols. My goal is to be part of the decentralised web.

Collapse

fishraposo profile image
Fish Raposo

I want to start a game development studio, already did a few attempts, but now I want to get better prepared for it.

Collapse

maryam12kh profile image
Maryam Khan

Am interested in front end Development

Collapse

jenniegeo profile image
ISINTUME JENNIFER NKEM

Hi everyone,
My goal is to confidently use coding concepts to solve real life problem, and get a job before the year runs out. My favourite role is being a backend Developer.

Collapse

10101010xd profile image
Cauchomono

I want to start learning to code because I love the idea of innovation and society’s growth through technology, so a job with these topics is a dream. A 2nd cause is I can mix my career with code (I’m a mechanical engineer), and with these do new projects. Lastly, I love the stuff that has relation with computation and new technology, so I can create apps and video games that I have in my mind and maybe, create a new business.

Talking a bit of the reading I am interested in the roles of Game developer, game designer, web developer, mobile developer and product design engineer. I can't specify a one of these concretely because I don't know the specific role that I want to be

My goal to learn to code is less to 8 months.

For me, successful learning has nice fundamentals so I can start a new project, knowing what I need, what I know and what I need in order to complete the project. The other thing that Ithink is the amount of projects I have at the moment.

I can measure these progress through the certifications, the amount of projects,and the badges. For the moment, I don't know other ways to measure my progress.

My initial plan is to learn fundamentals and maybe 2 coding languages before 8 months. However these is not a strict deadline if not something i have in mind

Collapse

ayopaciotti profile image
Ayobami ✨

Assignment 1 here it is...

docs.google.com/document/d/1ONX1VJ...

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati • Edited

Hi, @ayopaciotti ! Thanks for being part of the challenge! Friendly reminder that the worksheets are for your personal work and don't need to be shared in the mission threads. Instead, you'll want to share your answer to the assignment questions directly in the thread :)

Collapse

hazemsoliman96 profile image
HazemSoliman96

Challenge 1
worksheet

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Collapse

hazemsoliman96 profile image
HazemSoliman96

Hello, thanks for pointing that. actually this is the assignment answers not my notes.

Thread Thread

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Got it! Thanks for clarifying! In the future, you'll want to carry over any mission assignment responses directly into this thread :)

Collapse

ordinari_john profile image
Amaechi John • Edited

Hi guys, I don't know if you can suggest some helpful tools or app that can help me track my progress

help

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

Hi @ordinari_john ! If you have any technical/non-general questions about the challenge (please refer to this Help Thread), you'll want to ask them by creating a post and include the #help tag. You can use this template to guide you further :)

Collapse

Clinton

Thanks for pointing that , forgot to change it to public, just updated it.

Collapse

medxpy profile image
medxpy

I’m interested in the full stack-development

Collapse

puritygwaro profile image
PurityGwaro

I am interested in Frontend development. It seems very fun and interesting. In the next six months I aspire to achieve great frontend development skills.

Collapse

mthandaworld profile image
Mthandaworld

My Interest is Android app development. At least for a start. Here's my submission:

docs.google.com/document/d/1l9Ca4p...

Collapse

johnsonmaghanga profile image
Johnson-Maghanga

I am interested in front end web development, my goal for the next six months is to master the basics of html CSS and JavaScript and build a project to test my skills

Collapse

oyindoubra profile image
oyindoubra

Interested in full stack web development hoping to work on projects in 9 months time

Collapse

usamalion profile image
M.Usama
Collapse

anushkacodergirl profile image
Anushka Raj
Collapse

skihuni profile image
Stephen kihuni

I'm stephen kihuni from Kenya, interested in front-end development.
in 6 months, I want to have harvested good knowledge of this field.

Collapse

lantha profile image
Nabin Baidya

docs.google.com/document/d/1BsY9Ah...

started today.. seems I'm late but nevertheless here.. hopefully I can go all the way

Collapse

Sloan, the sloth mascot
Comment deleted
Collapse

pragnesh profile image
Pragneshkumar Ishvarlal Patel
Collapse

oyindoubra profile image
oyindoubra