CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for [#CNC2022 "Start Coding" Cohort 1] Are your coding sessions still aligned with your goals?
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeNewbie Team

Posted on

[#CNC2022 "Start Coding" Cohort 1] Are your coding sessions still aligned with your goals?

This thread is for participants in Cohort 1 of #CNC2022's "Start Coding" Challenge.

Mission 5 [pt. I] Discussion Thread

After you've completed the reading and exercises in your Mission 5 [pt. I] email (to be sent at 11 PM UTC on Monday, February 28, 2022), respond to the following...

1. Are your coding sessions still aligned with your goals?
2. Are there any adjustments you plan to make? If so, what are they and how do you expect them to help you on your coding journey?

Scan through the comments after you've posted your own and interact with 1-2 other people. Don't forget to follow these people on CodeNewbie Community if you aren't already!Β 
Β 

Congrats on challenging yourself to Start Coding! If you have any questions about the challenge overall, head to the Start Coding Help Thread. For any technical questions throughout the challenge (or in general) write a #help post on CodeNewbie Community or DEV and share with the community!

Latest comments (9)

Collapse

srhatcher profile image
Sr.Hatcher

1-Of course, I'm learning the basics to start coding with JS
2-I've started learning at home too. It's sometimes more difficult because here i have more distractions but i keep going foward. I do this because i will learn faster how to be a Frontend.

Collapse

koshirok096 profile image
koshirok096
  1. Yes, my sessions are still aligned with my goals.
  2. I don’t have any adjustments to my plan now.
Collapse

dulyaaa profile image
Dulya Perera • Edited

1.Β Are your coding sessions still aligned with your goals?
Session is still aligned to my goals.

2.Β Are there any adjustments you plan to make? If so, what are they and how do you expect them to help you on your coding journey?
Well, I have done few adjustments on my plan because of the studies and its assignments. So the time I put off changed little bit but still I'm finding 4-6hrs for my project. Other than that no any changes.

Collapse

quitzonsandy profile image
quitzonsandy

Due to my studies and their assignments, I have made a few changes to my plan. The time I delayed has therefore varied a little bit, but I am still allotting 4-6 hours for my project. Nothing else has changed. monkey mart

Collapse

iamdavidjames profile image
Abaraoha David
  1. Yes my sessions are still aligned with my goals. I've been blocking off at least 2hrs and it's been good. (I do more though)

2. As for adjustments... I would want to make that 2hrs daily, but I can't, cus' I have a PC issue which limits the number of hours I spend. So I'm working towards solving that. πŸ’ͺ🏽

All together this challenge has made me more consistent than I would have imagined.πŸ™πŸ½

Collapse

sweetkeetweets profile image
Kierra Miner

1, My sessions are still aligned with my goals.

1. As for adjustments, I have been able to make more time to code than I originally thought so I am implementing that.
Collapse

ciesluk profile image
Tom Cieslukowski
    Yes, my coding sessions are still aligned with my goals. My time management has been great and I have a schedule of when to do certain tasks. I also have some projects I am working on that I incorporate to my schedule.

2. Are there any adjustments you plan to make? If so, what are they and how do you expect them to help you on your coding journey?
    No, I have not made any adjustments to my plan. It has been working perfectly so far and aligns with my work and school schedule.

Collapse

dastiles profile image
charles madhuku
    My coding session are aligned to my goals. I have personal projects I am currently working on so nearly every day I code at least 3 to 5 hours

So far I don't have adjustments to make everything is working according to plan maybe in the future

Collapse

shweta6 profile image
Shweta
    Somewhat yes. I am also in college so sometimes I dont get time.

I plan on making changes according to my college timetable.