I hope these tips help focus the CodeChallenge
#cnc2021 job hunters. What would you add/subtract?
- Find organizations that interest you.
- Use: Google, Linkedin, Twitter,
- Learn about its competitors,
- Note recent important news (Good or bad),
- Prepare company spreadsheet for info (Basic or detailed, up to you),
Study Job Description.
- What do you have?
- What don't you have? (Less Important)
Write out YOUR answers for common interview questions.
- Tell me a little about yourself,
- What are your biggest strengths & weaknesses?
- Where do you see yourself (In x years, up to you)?
- Describe your dream job,
- Why did you leave your last position or What have you done during your employment gap?
- Why do you want this job?
- What type of work environment do you prefer?
- How would your co-workers or managers describe you?
- Why are you the best candidate for this role?
- What achievement(s) are you most proud of?
- Tell me about a challenge you’ve faced at work and how you dealt with it?
Practice your answers out loud.
- Make it feel natural,
STAR: Situation, Task, Action, & Result.
- Explain the Situation; set the 'stage,'
- Task; discuss the task set out for you
- Action; explain the specific actions you took to handle the situation.
- Result; describe the outcome you reached through your actions
- Finally; tie it back to their position with your final sentence.
Image from Shutterstock