I attended an absolutely amazing session by RTC - "Motivating Career options" and would love to share my favourite parts of the session and the deep impression it left on me.
- Your crystal ball is cloudy - It's unrealistic to plan out your next 30 years when you are in college. Focus on getting started.
- The world is changing and so many new opportunities will open up. Self driving cars, data science etc.. were unimaginable 30 years ago.
- Stay informed, educated, open-minded, nimble and adaptable.
Be a risk taker and explore unusual paths and learn forever!
We were divided into groups based on our personality types. I got paired up with an amazing person from Florida. Both of us were ISTJ type and we had a lot in common especially how we liked to organise stuff. We had fun talking about our differences though ;) - how different our countries were and the career paths available in both the countries. I had a lot of fun listening to her views on life - how she plans her day, keeps journals, uses calendars, the importance of a clean desk and workspace and a desk near the window.
We pondered on topics I've never actually thought of:
- Learning new things, Building/trying out new tools/tech
- Reading books/blogs - well anything
- Being organised
- I absolutely love what I do and try to perfect that activity to my best ability.
- I don't get sidetracked and am fully focused. I even forget about eating food.😂
- I'm in a good mood and happy and proud of what I did.
- It would be really great if I could work in a mixture of a remote and office environment.
- I would love working in a supportive group on challenging projects where I can learn lots of new things.
- Secure workplace where I can be financially independent.
- Career Advancement
- A sense of Accomplishment
- Security + Financial independence
- Tech environment where I can learn lots and lots
- Not too much pressure
I felt really happy after the session! The world is full of possibilities.