One of the best practices for software developers in any stage of their careers, is to prepare for the job interview.
In the this article, I'll share with you 10 questions that companies use when they are going to hire Ruby On Rails developers.
- What is the difference between a class and a module?
- What are the three levels to access control to methods for classes and what do they mean?
- What does “self” mean?
- Explain what singleton methods are. What is Eigenclass in Ruby?
- What is the difference between false and nil in Ruby?
- What is Asset Pipeline?
- Explain the “Active record” pattern.
- What is a Polymorphic Association in Rails?
- Explain the difference between optimistic and pessimistic locking in Rails?
- What does CSRF consist of? How does Rails protect an application against this security failure?
- How should we store insecure data such as passwords?
- Why do we need to use HTTPS instead of HTTP?
Let me know what you think about this questions and what others would you add.