CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Chastity (Chas) Benton
Chastity (Chas) Benton

Posted on

Another week of coding down...

Hello everyone!

Another week just flew by and PHEW. I am amazed at how far I have come in this coding journey. Everyday I feel much more comfortable in my ability to code and everyday I feel I take a step closer to my goal in becoming a software engineer. The thrill of the future is killing me! But for the present, lets focus on the events of this week 😀.

For starters, I became eligible to take my first python fundamentals exam this Saturday to access my skills. I am confident I'll, pass but that certainly doesn't stop the nerves. I guess I'm calling this coding jitters.

CSS has been kicking my REAR. I have entered the world of flexbox vs floats and boy has it been a rough battle climbing up. I have been watching numerous videos to understand the concept, but man. I didn't know CSS was going to be so cruel just when I started to love her.

JavaScript, on the other hand, has been a gentle giant to me. I found some of it's functions similar to the many functions I write in python, but I know soon enough this gentle giant will show it's true colors. I can only hope to tame it and continue pushing forward.

My personal website, for G{Code} House, is slowly coming together nicely. I learned I can use a class as a link in my anchor tags 😵 and it's definitely helped my navigation bar feel a little more....navigational.

Finally, I have found myself now inspecting the code of every website I visit. Not for just for curiosity, but to use as a learning experience. I wanted to see for myself how everyone else organizes their codes uniquely and this has surprisingly helped me in building my other small websites for 100Devs.

I am definitely still dreaming in code. My husband soothed me back to sleep Wednesday when I began yelling at him, mid sleep, about not respecting the separations of concerns. He told me I said, "No! The CSS goes on a separate file! The separation of concerns are being violated here! Separate file! Separate file!" 😆

As always, thanks for taking the time to read up on my journey and some bonding. Remember to take breaks, drink plenty of fluids, and have plenty of sleep! Coding won't go anywhere.

Top comments (1)

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

So awesome! Congrats on all the progress and thanks for sharing!