CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for #CNC2021 "Start Coding" Mission 1 Submission Thread
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeNewbie Team

Posted on • Updated on

#CNC2021 "Start Coding" Mission 1 Submission Thread

After completing all the steps in your Mission 1 email, post your coding goals and your favorite coding roles. Feel free to introduce yourself to other participants you see here! Congrats on completing Mission 1!

Congrats on challenging yourself to Code More! If you have any questions about the challenge overall, head to the Start Coding Help Thread. For any technical questions throughout the challenge (or in general!) write a #help post and share with the community!

Latest comments (180)

Collapse

viowiti profile image
Victor Odhiambo Owiti

Been learning development behind the scenes for a while now. Looking to be a competent React developer in the next two months. Would like to go full stack with React on the Frontend and Django with Nodejs on the back end. Might want to leverage React Native for mobile app development. The only way is up.

Collapse

yenifferku profile image
Yeniffer Ramirez Kunkel

Hello everyone!
My name is Yeniffer Kunkel and I'm originally from the Dominican Republic but I live in Louisville, KY. I'm already taking the front end dev course in Codecademy so my goal here for the next 3 months is to have a solid foundation and practice more HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I want to feel more confident while coding, create a stunning portfolio and be able to build projects. I would like to be able to confidently apply for jobs in February. I'm excited to join this challenge and amazing community.

Collapse

doileo profile image
Doina

Hi, everyone. I'm interested in Front-End Web Development. My goal for the next six months is to practice HTML, CSS, and JavaScript so that I can begin freelancing.
A couple of job titles that seem interesting to me are Front-End Web Developer, UX Designer and everything is related to security of a website. This last one may be the title of the job I want to get in the future.
I use a planner and Pomodoro to keep track of my time. My daily study time would be about two to three hours.

Collapse

noviicee profile image
Novice • Edited

`#CNC2021 Mission-1

Goals:

• To learn as much as I can.
  • Learn a new programming language, which can be used to make some contributions, in order to solve real-time problems πŸ™Œ
  • Move to the advanced part of the programming language of which I know the basics.

Favorite Coding Roles:
Debugging has to be my favorite part haha πŸ˜„

Collapse

oladipupozainab profile image
oladipupozainab

I am Zainab, I am interested in learning Full stack development. I hope by the end of six months, i have enough knowledge about it. I have tried learning website development and keep getting lost and tired at some point. I hope this would help me learn more and gain more skills.

Collapse

lucascardim profile image
LucasCardim

Hello everyone! My name's Lucas and i'm from Brazil! I want to start to code so i can get a better job and better opotunitties in my life! By the end of 6 months i desire to be coding in javascript, making cool projects to my portifolio. By the end of 12 months, i want to be a pro in react.js. Thats pretty much i want to say! Thanks!

Collapse

davies profile image
Davis OKioma

I’m making a career shift from Finance and Accounting.

My goal is to be a front-end web developer in 6 months with a solid understanding of web development & design and APIs. I have a solid understanding of basic HTML, CSS and JavaScript and currently focusing on learning more advanced concepts.

I consider successful learning to be a combination of both deep understanding of the core theoretical concepts and hands-on project-building knowledge to build functional apps.

To measure my success, first, I set out to work on a project and allow myself to get stuck. I then embark on a learning journey and I measure my progress by the ability to apply the new skills and complete the previous challenge.

I would love to start applying for entry level front-end jobs in about 5 months and also, my Google mobile web certification exam is due this coming December.

Collapse

siuflightboy profile image
Nathan Mabry

Hello! My name is Nathan and I currently reside in Glendale, California. I'm currently at the beginning stages of working towards a 6 month of goal of picking up work as a freelance web developer, in order to supplement my income. My 12 month goal includes having enough projects completed so that I will have a direction in which to head towards learning further languages/roles that peak my interest. I'm assuming I'll start with front-end development, but would also like to learn back-end as well. The curriculum that I'm following has me learning HTML, CSS, Javascript, Bootstrap, jQuery, React, Python, Django, and Wagtail. Thanks for reading this and for your encouragement and support!

Collapse

sbstn profile image
sbstn98

Hey Guys,
i am Basti from Hamburg, Germany!
I am interested in mobile web development and free software...
Here are my coding Goals for the Future:

docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX...

What do you think?
Are my Goals accessible?
I'm excited to hear your feedback!

Collapse

aaron profile image
Aaron McCollum

Welcome Basti! I think this looks pretty great - good luck! Focus on consistency with your learning and you'll find that after 12 months you will have made great progress. freeCodeCamp is also a really awesome resource that I use as well. Where are you in the curriculum on fCC?

Collapse

sbstn profile image
sbstn98

Hey Aaron,
i started it from beginning and just now i finished the HTML part :) On the same time i am working on an edX IBM certified cloud development course.
Next Challenge is the CSS part, but i am very excited to do the JavaScript part :D

What Level have you reached so far?

Collapse

humaira profile image
Humaiz

Hi all , I'm Humaira ..
I'm really interested in learning Web development ... I would like to spend next six month in improving my web development knowledge ....
I need a suggestion from you apart from HTML ,CSs and JS
What will be the remaining things I need to concentrate to become a full stack developer .... I would be grateful for your suggestion

Collapse

carrot052615 profile image
γƒŸγ‚« • Edited

Hello everyone! My name is Micah.
I am currently learning the basics of python and my goals for this year is to master the basics of python, build small programs, and make my own projects.
I am interested in hardware development and also mobile application, but as of now I think I will be focusing on making mobile applications.

Collapse

darhlagilson profile image
On Corners Design

With so many options out there for roles, languages, platforms; finding one and sticking to it is probably my biggest challenge right now. So focusing on the role is useful. The role I am most interested in is front-end developer but I like to know how things work so knowing back end skills is important to me too. So my coding goal is to learn HTML, CSS, but most importantly Javascript. What I specifically would like to achieve eventually is an interactive web site that eventually works more like a 3D model and integrates with a mobile app. I have a long long way to go.πŸ˜…

Collapse

iggyiccy profile image
Iggy

I am interested in blockchain development, and is constantly hoping around and trying out new protocols. My goal is to be part of the decentralised web.

Collapse

pronomitadey profile image
Pronomita Dey

Hi CodeNewbie Community!

Programming has become as essential as knowing how to ride a bike or drive a car. I am not so good behind the wheel :P
I have taken up this challenge to become better at my logical reasoning and problem solving abilities (while I take driving lessons :P).
I love creating applications and my primary coding language is Python.

My goal is to attain good problem solving and backend development skills using Python.

Being successful at it would be doing some mini-projects as applications to what I have learnt.

The timeline I am setting for myself would be the end of this year. I want to have one very Merry Christmas!

Cheers!

Collapse

pronomitadey profile image
Pronomita Dey

Hi CodeNewbie Community!

Programming has become as essential as knowing how to ride a bike or drive a car. I am not so good behind the wheel :P
I have taken up this challenge to become better at my logical reasoning and problem solving abilities (while I take driving lessons :P).
I love creating applications and my primary coding language is Python.

My goal is to attain good problem solving and backend development skills using Python.

Being successful at it would be doing some mini-projects as applications to what I have learnt.

The timeline I am setting for myself would be the end of this year. I want to have one very Merry Christmas!

Cheers!

Some comments may only be visible to logged-in visitors. Sign in to view all comments.