CodeNewbie Community 🌱

Cover image for #CNC2022 Cohort 1 Welcome Thread
CodeNewbie Staff for CodeNewbie Team

Posted on

#CNC2022 Cohort 1 Welcome Thread

Hello and welcome to CodeNewbie Challenge 2022! We're so excited that you signed up for Cohort 1. Together, we're going to make some real progress towards your biggest goals.

One of the best parts of #CNC2022 is the built-in community support you'll get. In that spirit, let's get to know one another — you'll likely be relying on a number of the people you meet in your challenge's mission assignments anyway 😊

Drop a note in the thread below with the following info...

• Your name
  • The challenge you signed up for
  • Your motivation for signing up for #CNC2022
  • Any social media profiles you'd like to share
  • Anything else we should know

P.S. We'd love to hear from you on Twitter! Let us know if you signed up for CodeNewbie Challenge 2022 (and the challenge you picked) by tagging us at @CodeNewbies and including the hashtag #CNC2022.

Top comments (85)

Collapse

theoriginalbpc profile image
Sarah Dye

Hi! I'm Sarah. I did CNC2018 Get a Job in winter 2018. This year I signed up for the Learn in Public challenge. I am always looking for ways to become a confident coder and I believe this challenge will help me dig deeper into tech concepts and share what I'm learning with other developers.

You can follow me here on Code Newbie or on DEV at dev.to/theoriginalbpc. I'm also very active on Twitter so follow me at @theoriginalbpc.

Although I'll be doing the Learn in Public challenge, I've written a few posts about the CNC2018 Get a Job challenge on DEV. I plan on launching my own YouTube channel this year and I plan on doing some videos on the Code Newbie Get a Job challenge in the future.

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

Yeay!!! Looking forward to your YouTube channel, Sarah!
And good luck for the challenge! 😄

Collapse

theoriginalbpc profile image
Sarah Dye

Thank you!

Collapse

abiggz profile image
Abhay

This is great ! I will be able to learn form you! i eventually want to start a blog or a youtube channel documenting my journey! Looking forward to learning together!

Collapse

fatiimaezzahra profile image
Fatima-Ezzahra

Hello, I'm Fatima-Ezzahra from Morocco !!

I joined the Code More track because I want to code more on my free time.

You can connect with me on Linkedin and Github.

Happy coding 👩🏻‍💻👩🏻‍💻🌈

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Welcome!!

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

So excited to meet this cohort. Welcome, everyone!

welcome

Collapse

thewebking profile image
Kingsley Odibendi

Hello Gracie, been finding it hard to register for the challenge. Dunno what the issue might be. Thanks

Collapse

gracie profile image
Gracie Gregory (she/her)

Hello! Could you describe the error/message/issue you are encountering?

Thread Thread

thewebking profile image
Kingsley Odibendi

After i click the “Join the start coding” challenge, a blank page pops up and it keeps loading non-stop without showing any other content.

Thread Thread

thewebking profile image
Kingsley Odibendi

Hey Gracie, thank you for your time...i tried it with my laptop and it went through perfectly.

Collapse

thomasbnt profile image
Thomas Bnt • Edited

Hi ! I'm Thomas ! 👋🏼
My challenge this year is... coding moooore !
I am ready to code more and more, to motivate myself more 💪🏼

Social networks if you want follow me :

Last year, I started this challenge, this year I will continue to motivate myself on this path. 😄

Collapse

mannuel profile image
Emmanuel Tanimowo

Awesome, let's do this Thomas 💪

Collapse

ben profile image
Ben Halpern

Welcome folks

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
𝕁𝕦𝕝𝕚𝕒 👩🏻‍💻

Hello everyone! My name is Julia and this time I will participate in the write more challenge. My last challenge get a job was a great success, so I'm looking forward to another challenge with CodeNewbie 😄.

For all get a job participants, I'd like to share my roadmap website about my own journey with useful resources and tips on how to best prepare for job applications and interviews.
For all the other participants, I am participating in this challenge to also write more about my previous steps on the path to becoming a self-taught developer so that I can add more content in these two sections as well. 😇

Thanks to CodeNewbie for these great challenges that keep us participants motivated and reaching our goals.

See you guys soon, and have fun!

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

Good luck with this challenge, Julia!
Hope it will be as fun as the previous challenge!!! 😄

Collapse

yuridevat profile image
𝕁𝕦𝕝𝕚𝕒 👩🏻‍💻

Thank you Ayu 🙃

Collapse

dev_tgt profile image
Timothy Taylor

Hi! Tim here.

I signed up for the get a job challenge.

I am career-changing developer looking for that first tech job. I am looking to boost my subpar networking skills and hopefully find some nice folks to connect with!

linked in
personal site / portfolio

Good luck everyone!

Collapse

hellennamulinda profile image
Hellen Namulinda

Hi 👋🏼, I'm Hellen
I signed up for the Get a Job challenge
I have been into coding for the past one year, I have built a few projects and now I want to polish my portfolio and be able to land a job.

📫 Connect and follow me on the following social networks:

Collapse

johngidoe profile image
Piotr Grzybowski

Hi my name is Piotr.
I signed up for challenge called "Code More".
I have inner motivation to change my career path. I've done some projects already in the past but still need more practice to change coding into regular job.
If you want to follow me you can do it using those links below.

Collapse

rbansal42 profile image
Rahul Bansal • Edited

Hi fellow CodeNewbies!

I am Rahul Bansal, and I have signed up for Learn to Code.
My motivation is simple. While I have some basics through my university course, I have not been able to keep myself in the flow necessary to code regularly and practic. I am hoping that with this cohort based program, I would be able to do that.

My Twitter profile is @rbansal42. You'll mostly find me complaining to companies there, but hey, I plan to learn in public and publish more. So maybe, motivate me by following?

Also, here's my Linkedin

That said, looking forward to get involved in this beautiful community and learning!

Collapse

xav83 profile image
Xavier Jouvenot

Hi everyone ! I'm Xavier 🙂👋🏼

I register with you on the "Learn In Public" Challenge !

Even if I haven't been able to finish the Write More Challenge last year, it has bring me a lot of great knowledge and was a very fun experience ! So I want to do it again with you this year, and this time, complete it 💪

If you want to follow my journey dirung this challenge, or simply connect with me, you can reach me either on Dev.to, CodeNewbie, Medium, GitHub, Twitter or on my personnal website.

I hope to get to know some of you during this challenge, and that we will all succeed ! ❤️

Collapse

cleveroscardev profile image
Oscar Ortiz

Hello I'm Oscar !
I signed up for the get a job challenge.
I believe with the skills and knowledge that I have I can bring great value to others around me.
I post most of my blogs on dev.to/cleveroscar
I'm always open to collaborate on projects so don't be afraid to reach out! @cleveroscardev

Collapse

tupaschoal profile image
Tulio Leao

Helllo folks, I'm Tulio Leao and I've signed up to the Learn in Public because I finally want to stop delaying and get my hands dirty on Rust, but I almost clicked the Write More.

If you'd like to see more about me:
github.com/tupaschoal
linkedin.com/in/tulioleao

Let's do it!

Collapse

aaron profile image
Aaron McCollum

Hey everyone! Excited for 2022 and a year of more growth.

Name: Aaron McCollum
Challenge: Code More
Motivation: I need some accountability and discipline
Social profiles: @aaronmccollum_ on Twitter
Anything else: I'm doing The Odin Project (Ruby track)

Collapse

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

Woohoo!!! Good luck, Aaron! 🎉😄

Collapse

aaron profile image
Aaron McCollum

Thank you Ayu! Are you doing it too?

Thread Thread

adiatiayu profile image
Ayu Adiati

I'm still thinking of doing either learn in public or coding more. Can't decide yet 😁

Collapse

nysdas profile image
Arunesh Choudhary

Hello Everyone!
Its Arunesh here!
Signed up for: Start Coding!
Motivation: I have four more cohorts to join to get better at code. Let's get going!

Twitter arun3sh, hardly post anything, but Friends ... 🤝?